LE 0.9 Causing AMD GPU Driver Crashes

I did have quite a few blue screens prior to recabling my PSU and 7900XTX. There was a power delivery problem with my rm1000e PSU. But they were fixed on the same day I did the upgrade to the 7900xtx.

There still might be problems Im not aware of. Not sure where to start looking at this point tbh.

Thanks for the help

After googling P1:141 it looks like it might be display driver failures, which I have gotten on occassion in early access and beta games.

In games released a while back like TW Warhammer 3 and WoW I have no issues.

Hello guys,
I played D4 closed and now the open beta. The same Problem appeared now in the open Beta. I guess it’s not only the game, but the Cards and the game together. The game is exposing some issues with the cards, so it will be very hard to get the exact problem which crashes the system. There is a video about the Problem on the D4 Beta. I don’t know if I am allowed to post links here, so ill just post the exact name of the video on YouTube: “Another game blowing up NVIDIA GPUs?? Here we go again!”. I don’t think there is an easy way or fix to fix this.

Rectified the uploading of the file error. ty ty

Yeah. Its probably some combination of Last Epoch, Unity, the specifuc hardware, the drivers, etc etc. Hard to diagnose and workaround.

Hopefully some patches come soon which resolve it for you

I experienced the same issue 3 times in the past 2 days - The entire system locks up but i can still hear the game and I have to hard restart the PC

I ddid not experienced this issue in any other games so far.

Graphics card Radeon 6800 XT

Hello,

I also don’t usually post to forums but made an exception in this case to add yet another report of experiencing crashes/driver timeouts in Last Epoch while using a 7900 XTX. It’s not a problem that happens instantaneously, but it does seem pretty consistent that something will eventually fail after 15-25 minutes. It’s unclear whether it’s a Windows problem, an AMD driver problem, or a Last Epoch problem.

In case it’s useful, my DxDiag:
DxDiag.txt (92.3 KB)

I also have a crash.dmp and player.txt if either would be useful.

Heya

That LiveKernelEvent with problem P1 141

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 141

That is generally indicative of a hardware issue.

Id advise lowering your settings, capping fps (but not vsync) and checking any overclocking settings.

It could be a hardware issue on my end, that’s true. My PC is newly built and so any of the components could theoretically be to blame. However, what gets me is that most of the games that I play (including more demanding ones than LE) work great. The only other game I have consistent crashing issues with on this system is Horizon Zero Dawn.

I could test and see if LE still crashes on low settings, but even if it helped, I wouldn’t consider that to be a valid long-term fix given that 7900 XTXes are top of the line GPUs and less performant graphics cards seem to run the game at max settings without an issue.

I don’t have my CPU or my GPU overclocked, just using stock settings. I do have the XMP/EXPO profile set for my RAM, but I have already verified that the game will still crash when at stock settings anyways. Removing my chipset drivers interestingly delays the amount of time I can go without seeing a crash, but doesn’t fix the underlying issue.

I wouldnt either, but if it helps, then it also helps the team understand the situations which cause the issue and those which dont. Thatll help them get to a fix sooner.

Unfortunately, from what I’ve seen online, there are possibly some current issues with newer AMD cards and Unity itself, which is something that EHG cant necessarily control and would require patch from Unity or AMD :frowning:

Figured I would bump this as I am currently getting AMD Driver crashes with a 7900 XTX while only playing Last Epoch.

Same Problem here RX 5700XT win11 latest driver crash to blackscreen had to use Power Button to recover
Player.log (686.5 KB)

Same issue here, even made my own thread with my files here: Last Epoch crashing my PC (complete freeze, requiring reboot)

GPU: Zotac 1080TI
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core 3.80 GHz
RAM: 16GB

bump again

any of the replies here even from a dev?
have they at least aknowledged this is a real problem some players are facing?

I have a similar configuration with an AMD CPU and GPU. Has anyone had their windows corrupted after a crash? I have had this happen twice now. This is way worse that a simple crash. Try having to reload your OS and all your programs. I can’t take the chance that this is going to happen again and I don’t see any option but to stop playing this game.

I would upload my log file but it says it is too big to upload (it’s 86 MB!!). I might have to ask for a refund from Steam unless I hear anything that may resolve this major issue.

That sucks that this happened

You can zip the file to upload it. Right click, send to, compressed folder.

go with the refund and check back when full game is released, it will keep happening like it kept happening to everyone that posted here, no real solutions have been provided

Still no updates or a fix.

This is driving me up the wall…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.