Last Epoch crashing my PC (complete freeze, requiring reboot)

Hi all,
As title says, since i bought the game ive been virtually unable to play for an extended period of time, as im encountering game crashes that completely freeze my computer and require me to reboot it

My PC specs:
GPU: Zotac 1080TI
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core 3.80 GHz
RAM: 16GB
I´m opening the game thru the Steam library or steam’s desktop icon

Player-prev.log (163.3 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (499 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (98.9 KB)

This is what i see on the Windows event viewer right after one of said crashes:

Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a10ee1
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a11020
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000459e03
Faulting process id: 0x38a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d97ac37bc28c6d
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 0834a99f-0252-447c-828d-3ac9c5a082fc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

LE - Event Viewer.xml (1.0 KB)

In addition to this, unsure if related, i tested running the game on the same setup and switching my GPU for a R9 290A i have and game “seemed” to run better… using quotation here as i was able to play for about 2-3 hours wthen i swapped the GPU, however i was able to play about the same time with my 1080TI once or twice too and honestly didnt feel like keeping the 290 as it is quite a downgrade and this issue only happens with Last Epoch and im able to run heavier games with no crashes at all

Additional info and things i tried:

Clean GPU driver installation
Clean game installation
Clean OS installation (and of course also clean game installation after)
Tweaking around with the video settings in game (from low to high)

bump this

another bump

gonna bump this for you, we essentially have the same gpu, just different cpu. 5th charecter lost to softcore from hardcore these last two weeks due to this same type freezing/crashing. i’m done with the game for now unless this gets fixed. looked at your LE log file to compare with mine, cause i could not find any errors in your upload that looks like mine:

d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x1 mode 3 size 356920) [0x887A0005]
Crash!!!

would upload mine, but mine seems to be 23MB for whatever reason and i can’t upload lol.

I do have a question though; do you get any artifacting in EOT or Waystation? i seem to get “star light” patterns that shimmer through the ground, indicating to me that within the next few second’s i’m going to crash my PC.

Yes! i noticed some artifacts while on the Waystation at some point, didnt think it could be related tbh as i didnt see that every time i crashed, but thinking back, every time i saw the artifacts i crashed

hmm interesting. i was looking further into this and apparently (and i saw your other post in the other thread), there’s the AMD/Nvidia card combo issue, however; i have my doubts since i looked deeper and also saw reports on intel systems.

I’m not a developer by any means, but i have a ton of experience in modding and fixing mistakes on mods i’ve installed on games. some of them crash the game entirely and i have to do the same troubleshooting, only that idk what file might be “missing” or perhaps miss-labeled, but from what i see in my log, i’m failing to “create a staging 2d object” which could? be the lighting effect that is improperly coming showing up as artifacting. unsure. i don’t see any crash errors in your player log (double checked it again just in case). i’m not a mod here, just someone who’s also tired of this crashing. D4 and zelda come tomorrow, but if this doesn’t get enough attention, my fear it won’t get fixed and when i decide to come back to the game, i decide to depart after 5 mins of loading it up; which i don’t want. do you have another log that has the error line: “Crash!!!”. I’m gonna see if i can narrow it down myself, figure out what is actually causing the artifacting, and maybe mod my own fix.

apparently all crash reports are kept here:
C:/Users/YOUR_PC_NAME/AppData/Local/Temp/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Crashes

I got multiple folders on that path, but only one of them has files inside… the last one
Player.log (917.6 KB)

//EDIT
ive played SEVERAL hours with the r9 290 now and i think i kinda can confirm the problem happened only with the 1080ti, but as youi said, from the other thread there are people with the exacxt same problem using both GPU brands and also both CPUs so…

interesting, i see the point where that log crashed, but i don’t see errors. i guess i gotta do more digging. could also be the fact that this is a crash report with your radeon card. if i had to guess it probably just crashed to desktop on this?

Uploading Crash Report
Setting up 6 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread → id: 3584 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 366c → priority: 1
Thread → id: 187c → priority: 1
Thread → id: 16e4 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 1fd4 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 3764 → priority: 1
2023-05-13T16:47:57.2494897+00:00 Attempted to get IsControllerActive but EpochInputManager is null
LE.Telemetry.PrependTimestampLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
EpochInputManager:get_IsControllerActive()
VerticalNavigable:EnableSelectableHighlight()
VerticalNavigable:OnSelected()

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

Crash!!!

this is what my latest crash looked like, where like you previously had to do a full reboot.

[ line 1259]
(Filename: Line: 1259)

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (2560 x 1440 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x887a0005
(Filename: Line: 207)

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (2560 x 1440 fmt 19 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (2560 x 1440 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (2560 x 1440 fmt 19 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x1 mode 1 size 51840) [0x887A0005]
d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x2 mode 1 size 2592) [0x887A0005]
d3d11: attempt to lock null buffer
d3d11: attempt to lock null buffer
d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]
Crash!!!

oh yeah, crashes with the Radeon are just crash to desktop and thats it

@donneee

This line

d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture

Followed by inability to create buffer generally indicates an out of memory error. Or some issue inside the GPU drivers.

You could try running GPU diagnostics while playing.

Plenty of Unity games have the same or similar errors so theres probably a bug in Unity somewhere. If that is the case and there isnt a workaround that EHG can use, they be at the mercy of Unity patching

I just gave up. having to swap my GPU for a worse one just to be able to play sometimes, cause the game keeps crashing constantly and im forced to play a fish the server minigame for 30 minutes cause i get sent to australia or asia while im located in south america finally fed me up.
Sadly i purchased the game again after refunding it after my first 30 minutes of play just to play with my friend who was “lending” it to me via steam family sharing and cant refund it again… Waste of money but i’ll live

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.