Infinite loading screen

List of things I tried:

• Backedup and deleted save files, let steam redownload them, didn’t do anything.
  • Restarted Steam
  • Verified game integrity files
  • Downloaded latest Nvidia drivers and did a clean install
  • Restarted the PC
  • Uninstalled the game and Re-installed it on my SSD (it was installed on the HDD previously, wanted to do that at somepoint anyway)
  • Launched game directly from the .exe instead of Steam
  • Changed graphics settings to Low.
  • Deleted character save file, disabled steam cloud saves, fired up the game, no characters, tried making a new one to test if that would work, game still freezes after cutscene.
  • Closed every possible app like Discord, Nvidia, Logitech software for my mouse, sound blaster audio app, etc.

Nothing worked or made any changes.
game work just fine in offline mode no problem at all
Player-prev.log (1.2 MB)
Player.log (594.8 KB)

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Unable to load into game. Created a character but after pressing enter game it just sticks on the loading screen. Left for more than an hour and nothing.

it working rn all i did i deleting logs and re install graphic driver again and using exitlag

I shall try doing those and see if I have any luck. I just tried deleting char and making a new one still no success.

1 Like

Sadly no luck for myself. Hopefully will be fixed soon!

Me, too. I am not able to start my first character in 1.0. Before 1.0, the game was at good performance.

Same here. I had this problem since the 0.9E update. Tried everything mentioned, no luck so far. Offline works.
Player.log (122.4 KB)
Player-prev.log (76.7 KB)

DxDiag.txt (115.1 KB)

1 Like

I have this same issue. Endlessly stuck at “The Old Road” screen. After a few seconds I can hear the music change and some other sound effects, but the loading screen never leaves.

However, I do not have the issue with offline mode.

Is this a joke ? i was able to play normally before 1.0 . Now i stuck on endless loading screen, no matter my character and where is he on the map. Tried integrity of files and everything. I payed for product that does not work anymore. Please somebody from LE team get back to me.

Having this exact same issue. My brother is able to load in just fine. It’s the craziest thing

I purchased the game today but I am experiencing the same issue throughout the day. Haven’t been able to play for a second.

Anyway to fix this?

I had this problem too. I just restarted my PC and and turned off my VPN temporarily (the reconnect to a different IP might’ve also been what fixed it, i dunno), and I got in finally (on US Central)! Hope you guys will get in too.

1 Like

Yesssssss!!! The solution with the VPN off and US Central Server works!!! The loading screen was only about 1 second, this time.
I hope I can reconnect at EU West Server with VPN on next time.

Update: With VPN on, there is infinite load screen in town. I tested Luxembourg and Netherlands as servers on EU West, but both have the same issue. Last Epoch is not playable at EU West for me. I live in Germany, it’s a joke…

VPN off works!

1 Like

Not running any VPN here on US Central and very long loading screens persist. Very long = 30+ minutes. On 2 occasions it never came back after an hour and I just had to kill the game. I’m trying to load into Maj’elkan Catacombs right now, sitting for about 15 minutes. But the weird part is it’s not really loading. I can click the mouse and hear the footsteps of my character moving around.

same. stuck in screen. you can interact with stuff, quest buuble of nps are shown etc but the sreen pic wont go

Please try to run .exe file as Administrator. Or set it to always run as Administrator in the compatibility settings as explained in this post (link below). This solved my problem of stuck loading screen.

Marked as a solution on this thread

Running as administrator is not solving the problem with VPN ON. Without VPN Last Epoch is running as normal user or administrator.

Same here anyone found a solution for this?