Game crashes on loading screen

I played the game for 1 day and when I entered a portal my game crashed and its been 3 days that everytime i try to open the game it crashes. Things I tried:

• Deleted everything on AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch
  • Disabled steam cloud
  • Deleted all registries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Eleventh Hour Games / Last Epoch
  • Reinstalled the game multiple times

But everytime it crashes with the same error on Player.log:

‘filter’ is null!
Did you add the ‘DomainManager’ to the current scene?

The links in Please Read Before Posting in Technical Support are not working so I am not really sure which log files i should attach, please let me know if any are missing.

le_graphicsmanager.ini (483 Bytes)
Player.log (27.9 KB)
error.log (62.8 KB)
Player.log (27.9 KB)

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles…

(The technical support site was updated but they didnt update the link from the forums - have asked the mods to fix this).

Thanks for the files… the only one you are missing that would be useful is the output from a dxdiag report which would include a snapshot of your hardware & drivers.

The error you reference is just a debug message that has nothing to do with your problem - it, and other general debug messages, occur in everyones logs so nothing useful there.

The error.log message provides a clue to the problem: nvwgf2umx.dll has crashed. This is a component of the GPU driver and points to some sort of graphical related error.

The player.log confirms this error with the crash happening before the game has even initialised properly.

The error.log also indicates that when the game crashed, your system was using 97% of its 24GB memory max… This is not normal even for an LE error log and should be checked as it could be that something running hogged up all the memory on your system - LE can use a fair amount of system memory depending on your settings but this is very odd.

A dxdiag report would let me see what drivers you are using and the general state of your OS/system/hardware so I am going to have to guess a little here and possibly make some assumptions as to what could be happening. I can see you are using a 1060 3g gpu and Steam but dont have much else to go on.

So, without more specifics, here are some points based on what you have done and others that might fix the issue for you:

1. Deleting everything in the Last Epoch folder will remove all settings, savegames etc but will not do anything else beyond setting the game to default.

2. Steam cloud disabled - Ok - It generally works fine, but sometimes cloud saves can get mixed up so its important that whatever you use (local or steam cloud) you make backups of the last epoch savegames etc.

3. Editing registry keys is NOT recommended and serves no purpose in resolving this kind of error… (and the potential to mess something else up is high).

4. Reinstalling the game - if you are using Steam, you can use the Game File verification option to check that your install is ok. Reinstalling multiple times doesnt really provide any more benefit. To make 100% sure things are ok, run the game verification process to confirm things are installed correctly.

5. Based on the error log referring directly to the gpu driver, I would recommend that you do a clean safe mode GPU driver installation - not an upgrade as this doesnt always replace problem files or remove older driver files that could be causing an issue. If you dont know how to do this manually, then use a utility like DDU. This is a very important step.

6. You are using a 1060 3GB GPU - this GPU is ok to run the game at lower quality settings on 1080p with 60fps. I use the same GPU and run at Very Low, 60fps limit and 1080p. If you try and change settings to anything higher, you will likely experience various forms of known performance related issues ranging from fps spikes, stuttering, lags and crashing when loading into new maps. The game is in beta so its best to be conservative with settings - especially on older hardware. Here is a very low config that should have the best chance of running on your system - replace yours with this one (obviously change the filename) le_graphicsmanager.ini.verylow.txt (490 Bytes). While I dont recommend it with your 1060, once you are in-game you can then change settings to your preference.

7. View Reliability History on your system and check if Windows is reporting any issues that need to be resolved.

8. Make sure that your system is running properly, the OS is patched without any failed or awaiting permission patches etc…

9. As the 1060 is quite old now I am assuming that this system is older so I recommend some physical maintenance - clean the case, check that fans etc are running properly, nothing blocking anything else or touching something it shouldnt be… For the same reason, I would recommend monitoring your system and seeing if its still running correctly with temps, clocks speeds, performance within expected norms… maybe run a benchmark or two just to see if everything is ok.

10. While playing LE… temporarily do not run any other applications - no matter how irrelevant - just to see if they have an impact on the game… Due to the high memory usage, I would also monitor (Taskmanager) any processes and services on your machine to see what is using up so much memory… LE tends to use between 6-12GB depending on settings - at very low settings it should be on the lower end so something else must be hogging memory on your machine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.