FPS incredibly unstable after 1.0 patch

i had no issues with 1.0.1, but now in 1.0.1.1 i just booted up the game and after attacking some monsters my GPU shot up from 60% to 100%, and fps dropped from 60 to 45… even after the whole screen has cleared the fps remains bad. returning back to town and the fps goes back to 60fps at 60% again… something is seriously broken

That is actually happening too, but it is indeed a different problem altogether. That specific bug doesn’t make the FPS drops happen, but it does make your FPS go down the same way if you were to manually change your settings from low to very high for example. You can easily see the graphics settings defaulting to very high(?), since I’ve been playing with “medium” (so grass is low) and out of nowhere there’s nothing but grass on the ground. When you check the settings it will SAY that grass is set to low, but it’s actually not. If you then change it to off or full and then back to low you can see the difference clearly.

1 Like

upon further testing it seems to be an area specific issue, at least i hope its just Welryn Outskirts, cause look how abnormal the stats are in the top right of the screenshots
the first 2 shots are taken in town, nothing wrong there. but the third is where it dropped to 45 fps last time, now its at 60 but its still peaking my GPU load for no reason
https://imgur.com/a/TrDX2Ht

Just got a confirmation (dev stream on twitch) that a fix is already on its way:

“We have two memory leak fixes in QAs hands right now. Memory leaks are related to additive loading with Monolith and certain abilities. We have fixes and are verifying them now.”

Hopefully it’ll fix the FPS problems. Or most of them at least.

2 Likes

I hope it’ll fix PC shutdown that started to occur 4-5 days ago

Well that was fast:

2 Likes

let me know if the hotfix fixes it for you guys!!

2 Likes

It works a bit better for me, but still far from optimized

1 Like

I got the prophecy to kill 6 Void Horrors. I have been through almost 100 maps on lvl 100 monos, always in void influenced monos and not doing beacons and have not killed ONE yet. Is this a bug or where are these things…??

I’m starting to feel the fps drop again after a few monos, it seems like it’s improved it a bit but it’s not fixed.

Pre patch,
On a fresh start in the client the mono hub will sit at a stable 140 fps until the drops start to kick in and the hub will never get above 90 again.
Inside an echo on a fresh start in the client the game feels really smooth never really dipping below 100 unless it’s something you’d expect fps drops on and it hits the 80s, until the drops start kicking in and 80 is the out of combat fps and combat drops from 40 to 30 to 20 then even lower if you don’t restart.

Post patch,
The fps in mono hub after a few monos i’m seeing it constantly jump from 140 to under 100 and back every few seconds and in echos it does the same jumping wildly from 140 to 80 and in combat i’ve seen regular 30s.

So it’s better but not fixed.

Maybe it’s just optimization issues at this point i dunno but it was never this obvious in beta.

The update seems to have fixed the issue of having to restart every once in a while, but I am still experiencing bad FPS drops. Some monos I will be down to 30 FPS from 100 and sometimes even lower. Such situations aren’t ideal at 300+ corruption where mistakes cost your life. I often die in such scenarios and it kills my optimism to play.

1 Like

I am still having insane performance and fps drops in monoliths, this patch did not fix it. I have tried everything, lowest settings, drivers, closing everything else. I did not have these problems months ago when playing bear lightning druid, I am now playing bleed warlock. I had zero issues through the campaign. At this point I am basically between trying another class in offline, but I am hesitant because doing that and still having issues would really suck, unfortunately I have to change my review to negative because I cant experience 80% of the game which is late-game. Thank you for working on this I hope it can be fixed. Like mentioned I had no major issues earlier pre-release (playing necro and bear druid) and zero issues in other similar games. I play on a high end gaming laptop with all settings to lowest. It is only a issue in monoliths, though I have not tried arena, dungeons, offline or another class yet.

EDIT: Slightly better now after testing a bit more. I am 30-50 fps in monoliths. 30 when fighting, 50 when all enemies are dead and screen is fully clear. I logged into a campaign and sitting on 100-120. I have capped the fps on 120 after research.

I don’t understand why it is more than half the capped fps compared to campaign even when ZERO alive mobs on screen???

I made another test, just ideling on two new chars. One online one offline. The offline one had 20 more fps?

1 Like

For me aswell, performance got maybe a slightly better, but mostly in the beginning of a monolith echo run. Fps drops are still there and the GPU utilization is still not addressed. Changing from high, to very low to ultra just to troubleshoot stuff here.

Uncapping fps and changing from very high to very low after a completed run (while still inside the monolith echo) does not get me much more fps (ulra =50fps / very low= 70fps). Changing to very low makes the fps hover around 70fps while the GPU utilization is just 50%. Changing to very high the fps are around 50fps with 70% gpu utilization.

Back in the hideout = 120fps (98% gpu utilization)
Changing to very low = 160fps (50% gpu utilization)

Alternating between mid, low, high I do not benefit changing to low settings. Restarting the game while being still in very low settings does not change anything

At some points the game gets unplayable, having fps drops from around 100 down to 30.
Plenty of stuttering, getting worst when there’s a lot of mobs and skills flying around.
My specs : 7950x , RTX 4090, 64gb 6000mhz

1 Like

The only area that I notice serious FPS issues in is THe Temple of Lagon area (and all sub zones leading to the Coliseum. In other areas it happens to but it isn’t noticeable unless I’m watching the FPS meter. There is definitely something funky still happening with Cthotic Fissure too.

7950X3d
DDR5 6400mhz
M.2 Gen5 2TB
Geforce 4080

It doesn’t matter the graphical settings either. If it’s low or ultra the performance is terrible. Something is seriously funky with the game engine.

No other game or app has these issues.

1 Like

Hitting new records in mono arenas atm, 10 fps and under.

4 Likes

It’s bananas that this issue is not officially addressed by EHG, since the forums here, steam and reddit are filled with complaints by people having normal to good rigs about that topic.

The issue has been addressed, it’s just not been fixed. Yes they’ve not made a dev blog post or announcement about it but they’ve released a patch which only contained fixes specifically for this issue and apparently mentioned it was happening and being worked on before they released that patch.

I’m pretty shocked they aren’t making an appearance in any of these big performance threads, or signaling in a very clear way that it’s a top priority. The game is legitimately unplayable for many and performance is IMO the most pressing issue to get sorted out.

The core game itself is incredible, but logging in to the first map and stuttering 20+ times within the first few minutes of it is just a horrible experience. Wondering if the next thing I do in the UI or next skill I press is going to cause a stutter has completely killed my mood for this otherwise great game.

1 Like

Good to know it isn’t just me. I had to quit playing all together today cause from frames are constantly dropping to single digits when any more than about 10 enemies are on screen.

1 Like