FPS incredibly unstable after 1.0 patch

I also stopped playing due to optimization issues. I have a top PC, I even tested the game on two PCs with RTX 3080 and RTX 4080 with top components. And everything worked perfectly until I started doing monoliths. Constant FPS drops during combat to 10-20 FPS are very irritating. Combat is no longer smooth and enjoyable. After two weeks of playing, I unfortunately lost my patience and fun of the game.

1 Like

Exactly the same thing happens to me!

1 Like

This game was always like this, 2 months ago or 3 years ago, doesnt matter. always. dont wait for fix, if u cant play so, delete it.

1 Like

This game was always like this, 2 months ago or 3 years ago, doesnt matter.

^^^^^Pretty much this.

Damn, sucks to hear. Haven’t been playing for almost a week now but was hoping it’d get fixed some time.

Guess I have to find a different game then… sucks because if I didn’t get 5 FPS moments it’s a really fun game. They already got my 35$, though, so there’s that lol

Just got to monoliths and fps drops down to 2 on each pack of mobs, gpu and cpu usage around 20-40%. Endgame in this game is unplayable in it’s current state.

1 Like

I’ve been playing this game since it was a damn zip file full of bugs and it worked better. I think it was 0.4. What improvements were made? I call BS. I swear it’s getting worse and worse with every patch introduced. Regardless of the build you play the game is unplayable. 20 FPS on performant rigs is not a working game. Full stop. Now if you really want to get frustrated try playing the trap marksman and say hello to constant half-second freezes and 1-10 fps drops.

This should have stayed in development and I wouldn’t complain. But they hyped the release and fooled a lot of old and new players and they are not even actively commenting on a game braking issue . I’m done.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s only getting worse, before last patch at least campaign was smooth so i could level alts until monoliths, now in campaign i have constant fps drops also.

Same here, I have an RTX 3060, I only have FPS problems on LE.

My fps drops between 15-20 in echoes, it’s very unpleasant, it often makes me stop playing because it’s not fun.

1 Like

It appears performace hunger increases with each patch.
I’m not saying my 3060ti is high end, but with everything set to low and fps limited to 60 it should be able to run the game without fans at 100%, right?
performace was better in 0.9 and it’s gotten worse along the way to 1.04

quoting myself from another post.
3060ti, Ryzen 5600x, 32 GB RAM

Same here. I love this game but it became unplayable. 20fps or less in monoliths. Makes me sad.

1 Like

I honestly have been going insane with how bad this game performs since 1.0. Thinking some setting or my rig is to blame. It truly is a tragedy the state of performance right now. Add another to the 20fps crowd that can’t play any fun builds or blow up big packs with out half-sec freezes. I am ready for a nice long break.

1 Like

POSSIBLE FIX!

Someone on reddit recently wrote a possible solution which actully helped my fps loss
(so far).

Nvidia users:
Nvidia Control Panel → 3D settings → Program settings → Image scaling → ON (30% instead of 50 or 100)

I’ve only played 4h with this setting at fixed 60 fps but it never goes below 55-60.
The ingame quality decreases a little but totally worth it at this point.
Going to try with my normal 170 fps later today.
If the reddit user sees this, thank you for solving my fps issue at least <3

1 Like

This does nothing for me. Sadly.

But let´s be honest…I´m tired of trying things to fix a Problem thats clearly on EHG´s site.
What sucks the most is that there is not a single word from them. No communication, no Infos, no Help. And that is just ridiculous.

1 Like

Ye i agree.
Some patches ago my monitor started to shut down randomly.
Took the pc apart, cleaning it, bought new hmdi/displayport cables but the issue remained.
Ended up buying a new monitor as there would be no way a game could cause that issue.

Well… seems like that patch made my “old” monitor go crazy somehow as it works properly again now.

Yes, this is ridiculous. The company that was supposed to be a model of transparency and communication says nothing. I suspect they just don’t even know how to fix it. I’m tired of releasing games that aren’t optimized for launch and I just stopped playing.

I thought it was me. I turned off all programs running in background and still go from 165fps to 80fps in spikes.

originally, many Elemental Nova cause serious fps drop , from 78->33 ,after changing master quality to low, everything is smooth now…and doesn’t look any differences…dev should really stop doing this kind of thing

I have a good news!
I saw mention in official discord about fps problem, from community manager. Here is a text:

I just want you to know the team are working this, it’s not being forgotten or ignored because it doesn’t affect everyone - this weeks patch has a fix that the Devs are hoping will help with the FPS in Monolith issues, though if it doesn’t help as much as they want - they have another pieces of the puzzle towards fully fixing it

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. Let´s hope for the best.