FPS incredibly unstable after 1.0 patch

Same problem here, just lost a HC character very sadly and unceremoniously :frowning:.

Iā€™m running a very high-end PC, and to reiterate what others have said, it does seem to be a non-issue during the campaign and much worse during monoliths. In particular, Iā€™ve noticed a correletion between the lag spikes and a few particular enemies: ice elementals, wengari patriarch, wengari matriarch.

1 Like

Please @Devs atleast make a statement or something.
I bought the game a very long time ago and this FPS drop when hovering items was already present back then.
PLEASE PLEASE the game is sooo good but the performance is sometimes just impossibleā€¦
drops from 200fps to 10fps is not playable.

I also did everything possible on my side. Bios updates, driver updates, clean install, all admin etc tweaksā€¦ its 100% the game because literally any other game i have runs smooth.

8 Likes

Iā€™m having the same problems, if I knew there would be such lags I would have requested a refund. But they manifested themselves only after the middle of the acts when I played more than 2 hours in the game.

3 Likes

Ive just started having major issues.

I run a GTX 3060 12Gb
AMD Ryzen 5 family

It can normally play ok for ages THEN starts to get stuttering issues however, as of this week even creating a new character in the first zone I notice immediate stuttering from the first movement, it goes then comes back when anything happens on screen, it evens out and does it again at the next mob. Its a bit annoying now. My CPU and GPU are at 45c on Ultra and the game is not devouring my resources so Iā€™m not sure whats happening. Hoping for a fix soon.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found numerous threads from years back on this issue. I wouldnā€™t go expecting the next patch to fix things. If itā€™s been like this for years, this is what it is.

I saw 2 FPS last night. TWO. Arena waves monolith + eating minions. It was like when I used to play games on my TI-83 graphing calculator in high schoolā€¦

I tried Boost Lock last night. It helped, but man, not by much. Shouldnā€™t need to do this to make the gameplay go from ā€˜unacceptableā€™ to ā€˜tolerableā€™.

4 Likes

Even though itā€™s been FPS issues for years, that was then, and this is now!
That was beta, this is after full release.
Really canā€™t compare the state of the game like that.

It NEED fixing ASAP and itā€™s not acceptable.

5 Likes

Why donā€™t we have DLSS or another rendering technology yet on the game? All new games have it as default, even Unit says they have it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve played in very low and ultra graphic settings. It doesnā€™t matter which quality setting I played.I got the same fps drop in all of them. Especially this game is unplayable for me after 1.02 - 1.03 patches.Please fix this issue I cannot play with this fps drops.

2 Likes

Honestly its such a shame, I posted my issues earlier and have basically stopped playing the game completly since at this point @Devs , its such a fun game but I just get too frustrated with fps drops and it ruins the game and immersion completly

1 Like

Hey I tried to change to Dx12 but it was even worse, so I tried to use the Vulkan option ā€œ-vulkanā€ and it fixed the game for me thanks for this.

I still think they need to fix the memory leaks and include DLSS and other options, but for now the game is running smoth for me.

Are you sure youā€™re using Vulkan? I added ā€œ-vulkanā€ to Steamā€™s startup options but OSD still detects DX11: https://imgur.com/UE4ilqS

Hi good point, I didnā€™t check it with Afterburner. The only think I know was that after setting to Dx12 and changing to Vulkan the game changed for me. Running smooth.
I will check later and let you know.

Just came in here to check if there was any trick found to, at least temporarily, solve this. Apparently there hasnā€™t. Monos are almost literally unplayable for me, some times Iā€™m getting like 1 FPS. Explosive ballista falconer seems to be pretty common in here, thatā€™s also me. Disabling UI solves it, but without seeing my health I canā€™t really do much lol

Anyway, game not playable for me right now, guess Iā€™ll just have to wait for a fix. Maybe it happens before PoE 2 releases.

2 Likes

My FPS drops to 20 fps on 4090 with usage 50-70%. Absolutely garbage game.

4 Likes

There are many complaints about this issue in our country community site as well.
This will be noticeable in certain builds(trap lightning marksman) and fields.

1 Like

banger music tho

Whole set is an absolute banger.
Makes your game better. ^^

1 Like

Same issue here. Playing on laptop rtx 4060 intel i7 12.gen. FPS goes from 144 down to 50 when more monsters or effects occur, mostly in monos. I really love the game but this is very annoying for me.

OMG! I cannot do anything while playing except in game.Because the game not only hangs, also makes everything else on the computer unusable. For example, when entering lastepochtools, I get the error that Google is responding due to freezing. All other programs run with problem. Whatever you did in 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, please undo it. The servers were bad at the gameā€™s release date, but I could still play without getting fps drops. You ruined the awesome game with the new patchesā€¦

Running a Lenovo Notebook here, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 16GB RAM, GTX 3070, SSD, . Other games are running smoothly, this one does not, no matter which settings i change. I just uninstalled and hope for more optimization,. The way the game runs now it just isnā€™t fun to play.