FPS incredibly unstable after 1.0 patch

Yep. Suffering from FPS drops too. It usually bugs during arena monos but sometimes during normal monos too. Playing HC is scary at times, when game decides to drop frames to 1-10 FPS.

Think new patch made it worse, but maybe just me having more time to play past few days.

4090, 7800X3D, 32GB ram @6000mhz, Samsung 990 PRO SSD
CPU/GPU are watercooled and temps are fine during fps drops, so its not thermal throtling.

1 Like

I have the same problem with FPS! When you hover your mouse over items and any pop-ups! 160-5 fps! Impossible to play! The developers are ignoring the problem!
2070, i5 8600k, 16 gb, 1tb fast ssd

I’m not sure if anyone else has tried - I’m sure you have. But I was able to fix mine by just turning on Boost Clock on my PX1 EVGA App as shown: https://i.imgur.com/8wHBSJs.png

I have a 32GB 3200MHz , AMD Ryzen 5950X and a 3080 Hybrid (1440p)

I can finally play at Ultra settings now without stuttering when I run and gun echoes with my Zeus Marksman build. I use to get stutters down to 40fps even on my 1080p monitor at 100hz. It’s insane.

I also prefer max perf. in nvidia control panel and that never boosts my clock to the limit which means EHG just cannot currently afford Nvidia to look into it and be added onto next driver updates. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your suggestion. But you have to understand that FPS drops have nothing to do with GPU overclocking. If you scroll up you’ll see that there’s a lot of people running RTX 4090 which by default consumes as much power as a small village somewhere in Russia and produces so much output that by default no overclocking is required. I, for one, did not even bother trying to overclock my STRIX 4080 Super OC because it’s already factory-overclocked.
So no, it’s not OC profiles for RTX/AMD graphic cards.

Just wanted to add that I noticed that FPS drop when opening inventory is not specific to just Unity engine - I realized that in D4 or D3 the same thing happens when I open my inventory - FPS output is cut by half immediately. Even with frame generation (DLSS 3.0). The bigger problem here is drastic FPS dive when mob density is high and a lot of graphical processing is happening while casting. I reported this issue 2.5 years ago when playing Summoner Necro in closed beta of LE - I had been seeing the exact same drops.

1 Like

The FPS drops needs sorting out ASAP!
I’m running everything on Ultra settings due to my rig specs. RTX 4090, 13700K CPU, 32gb of RAM and M2 SSD drive.

Im crusing on 100-120 FPS and suddenly drops to 25-30 FPS during high density areas like Monoliths and Arena.

This issue can not just be ignored!

1 Like

Actually, Boost Lock might help people here. When I wave my mouse over items in my inventory (what people are calling the UI FPS drop) or when my Wraithlord eats minions or I collect 15 shards from the ground, I get the massive FPS drops as well. However, my GPU utilization also drops significantly (20-30%). In this case, Boost Lock isn’t about overclocking, but about not losing the GPU clocks in the first place.

Either way, this is still a bad solution for an issue that seems to have been around for years and just needs optimization of resources.

3 Likes

after last patch this game unplayable for me. most of time I have fps drop when I get stack runes or in action etc. please fix this problem also would be good AMD Fidel FX solution or something like that.

2 Likes

Just tested by locking the core frequency via curve in Afterburner. It indeed slightly improves the performance. However, it is really sad that I have to rape my GPU into submission for just one game. It’s not even a band aid - it’s a straight out laugh into 40-series’ face :smiley:

1 Like

Has anyone figured out if this is a genuine issue with the game or do we have problems with our hardware?

1 Like

This is game optimization issue 100%. Too many different rigs in reports in this thread to point fingers at hardware.

5 Likes

I ran empowered monoliths with 2 friends last night, one of them is a falconer. It was an insane amounts of spell effects combined with high mob density saw my fps drop to 30. I am on 13900k, 64GB DDR5, 4090 card. This is deterring me from playing with friends it’s so bad…

I really hope they place priority on this issue because the game is otherwise great. I haven’t seen any indication from the @Devs that they are even looking into this.

2 Likes

The developers and administrators of the forum completely ignore this problem! I deleted the game

1 Like

That’s unfortunate and I may do the same if it’s not addressed. It’s important to note that FPS drops exactly the same amount on very low settings which is absolutely bonkers to me.

I did see this on discord, maybe there is hope??

AverielleOP 03/05/2024 1:34 PM

Known and being investigated/Ongoing fixes

• HC/SC Stash - "Hello! I checked with the team and while they are still looking into how they will be restoring the data, they replied - ‘In summary, it is safe to play and we will not overwrite the new stash data when restoring the old.’ "
  • GPU Usage, FPS Drops, Transition Times, and Memory Leaks - improvements have been made and the team will continue to work on these.
  • Server Crash infinite scaling
  • Loading Screen not fading once player loads in - please reload and submit an in game bug report. The bug reporting tool attaches the .log files from the current and previous game sessions so the team can still see the data that might help.
  • Item Duping in the Bazaar
1 Like

Same problem here, just lost a HC character very sadly and unceremoniously :frowning:.

I’m running a very high-end PC, and to reiterate what others have said, it does seem to be a non-issue during the campaign and much worse during monoliths. In particular, I’ve noticed a correletion between the lag spikes and a few particular enemies: ice elementals, wengari patriarch, wengari matriarch.

1 Like

Please @Devs atleast make a statement or something.
I bought the game a very long time ago and this FPS drop when hovering items was already present back then.
PLEASE PLEASE the game is sooo good but the performance is sometimes just impossible…
drops from 200fps to 10fps is not playable.

I also did everything possible on my side. Bios updates, driver updates, clean install, all admin etc tweaks… its 100% the game because literally any other game i have runs smooth.

8 Likes

I’m having the same problems, if I knew there would be such lags I would have requested a refund. But they manifested themselves only after the middle of the acts when I played more than 2 hours in the game.

3 Likes

Ive just started having major issues.

I run a GTX 3060 12Gb
AMD Ryzen 5 family

It can normally play ok for ages THEN starts to get stuttering issues however, as of this week even creating a new character in the first zone I notice immediate stuttering from the first movement, it goes then comes back when anything happens on screen, it evens out and does it again at the next mob. Its a bit annoying now. My CPU and GPU are at 45c on Ultra and the game is not devouring my resources so I’m not sure whats happening. Hoping for a fix soon.

2 Likes

I’ve found numerous threads from years back on this issue. I wouldn’t go expecting the next patch to fix things. If it’s been like this for years, this is what it is.

I saw 2 FPS last night. TWO. Arena waves monolith + eating minions. It was like when I used to play games on my TI-83 graphing calculator in high school…

I tried Boost Lock last night. It helped, but man, not by much. Shouldn’t need to do this to make the gameplay go from ‘unacceptable’ to ‘tolerable’.

4 Likes

Even though it’s been FPS issues for years, that was then, and this is now!
That was beta, this is after full release.
Really can’t compare the state of the game like that.

It NEED fixing ASAP and it’s not acceptable.

5 Likes

Why don’t we have DLSS or another rendering technology yet on the game? All new games have it as default, even Unit says they have it.

1 Like