EarthQuake Werebear is Back! | Build Guide | 0.8.4

Why intelligence on gear?

Int raises Ward Retention.
I have about 2700 Ward in Bear Form.

Edit:
Note to those using Vines on Leap Slam. Use Maul when Earthquake is on its 5 sec cooldown. It still procs Upheaval, usually kills what you hit (even weak packs), and most importantly, spawns extra vines without any rage cost.

Ok thanks!

You have a more end-game filter than the guide one?

I have both the 100% crit chance below half health and the 100% chance to summon vines when you leap and both arent 100%, sometimes i dont crit with maul and sometimes it doesnt trigger the vines, is someone else having this too?

They are looking into this bug. There is a thread in bug reports.

Regarding OP:
Got my Bhuldars and it feels the best so far when comparing to each combination i tried before. Mainly due to switching to EQ after realising how easier tanky monsters or bosses are with this skill.
To be honest weapon type does not matter as long it has T5 in both dmg prefixes. The skill itself is currently OP and if you can manage to sustain EQ (as hybrid human and bear) i would consider it more dps than fully EQ Bear since there is no cooldown and you could theoretically spam it every mob pack.
Anyways.
I use both Fury Leap nodes to summon Vines (mainly for rage) to get one more utility slot (either Swipe or Warcry) and i’m still decing which to use longterm.

Also trying to convert to fully fire damage to give EQ more punchyness.

Not sure if cooldown recory will reduce the 5 second cooldown on that 2h unique mace.

Hey :slight_smile:
The question I have is, why endurance? We are on low health all the time, endurance seems kinda useless or do I miss something here?

1 Like

I swapped the Blessing to Inc. Fire Damage & Relic to Inc. Health on my build.
Updated planner: Druid, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.4d) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Endurance is a defensive mechanic that allows you to take less damage while below a certain health value.

While your health is less than your Endurance Threshold, you will take less damage equal to your Endurance value. This reduction applies to health, but does not apply to ward.

Endurance has a cap of 60% less damage taken (multiplicative with other modifiers), while Endurance Threshold does not have a cap.

Endurance applies to any damage taken below your Endurance Threshold, even if the instance of damage applied while you were above it. For example, if you take a hit of 100 damage, but 50 of that damage was below your Endurance Threshold, the last 50 damage will have Endurance applied to it.

All characters start with 20% Endurance and have an Endurance Threshold equal to 20% of their maximum health.

Endurance mitigates both hits and damage over time.

1 Like

For those of you still wondering how this build fares before getting the weapon. I’m currently at lvl 79 doing the lvl 90 spirits of fire timeline, and it absolutely decimates everything. The only difference is that I specialized into Upheaval until I get the weapon. I had all the other suggested uniques too. Great build, having a ton of fun. =}

I haven’t seen anyone mention Crushing Wake from the Earthquake tree. I dropped Sunder/The Harder They Fall for it and doubled EQ damage (since Seismic Smash causes aftershock damage to apply to initial hit). It increases stun chance by 100% too…just seems like a better allocation of points

I think this is the point why he was asking. Checked OPs clip and it’s a Lowlife build where ward replaces hp basically.
He has only 100hp and about 2k ward. The 60% reduction would do nothing with so little HP to save if he by any chance has no ward left.
So it seems indeed like a wasted stat and was just kept in there out of convenience or other reasons before really min maxing the build.

1 Like

Ow I actually missed this line while reading… Because I always considered this as a global reduction of damage not only applied to health. This would indeed be a wasted stat then… :flushed:
Can someone confirm this?

I think this already was confirmed :worried: Gonna look at my build this evening :slight_smile:
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/endurance-vs-low-life-or-high-health-regen-builds/29598

In the video guide during the blessings section Boardman does mention that endurance is not needed.

2 Likes

Hi! If EQ will deal more damage to chilled enemies? Shouldnt we be taking the ice branch in the spriggan form to convert vines damage to cold?

The Tempest Form node on the shaman tree gives 40% chance to chill on hit, so that’s Shatterquake will be applied.

1 Like

ah! right! thanks for the headsup!

Has this build a bit better single target than the normal maul warbear build?

Hey man! the passive screenshots and the passive in the build planner is different. which one should i be following man?

also, whats the drop rates like for last step of the living? i did completed the rifts 10 times and i got 10 amulets. -.-