EarthQuake Werebear is Back! | Build Guide | 0.8.4

Thank you very much!

That’s 4-points to create 3 vine on start. It would dip in to Area or Damage a bit.

Yup losing points in the dmg to high health enemies and a bit of area should be worth the boosts you get from panther and also it doesn’t cost rage I think

1 Like

Something like this?

I would actually ditch the swipe dmg and go for all the global crit and crit multi, I saw in his vid that the EQ doesn’t crit consistently so this should help quite a bit (since its global) and you can keep the same playstyle just swipe once before you maul (Panther lasts 4 sec and the crit/melee buffs need only 1 stack). Then you can also skip the entangling roots node in werebear and either get more maul dmg or just proc Upheaval (since you ditch ER, the cost of upheaval should be fine).

Like so : Druid, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.4b) - Last Epoch Build Planner

2 Likes

Looks awesome.
Going to give it a go tonight after work.

One comment on leveling for anyone planning to follow the general guidelines here: After around level 50, you can use Violent Upheaval in the Fury Leap tree to proc Upheaval as a pseudo-earthquake until you get the real thing. Just be very careful with your rage: if it’s too low, Upheaval will proc but Roots won’t, so you’ll miss out on the rage gen from the seeds.

We tried this first and the main reason was entangling roots just felt better.

Leap kept all of its damage nodes
Roots proc 5 vines everything
And the entangled roots also immoblizes enemies for 2.4 seconds ever 3 seconds along with giving the vines 50% cast speed.
Overall eq looked cool and just overall felt more disappointed especially on single target

Use this along with the Etrarra boots for vines and you are good until you make the weapon swap.

2 Likes

How does this build feel like without access to the weapon? I have no character above level 72 and I do not have the focus or patience yet to bring one character up to level 90 to farm that questline (haven’t found the right build yet).

decimates everything, keep moving, have any good/great two handed weapon and use the Etrarra boots until you weapon swap or get them. Get used to counting 1 2 3 then maul, 1 2 3 maul. I usually use counter clockwise grouping up of mobs then slam maul. Swipe is better, but still is lacking for sustainable damage. Get the Spriggan tree going early into range attack. With the Etarra boots, they will help a lot.

When leveling go in the order of fury leap, werebear, Spriggian form, earthquake, then roots last. keep in mind that the Spriggian tree is doing the rage build for this in the early levels.

5 Likes

Thank you!! I got much more advice than i asked for and for that I am really grateful!

Now i call that a nice panda :grinning:

Hmm is 0.8.4d a big nerf?

I am not seeing anything that would have caused it to behave any differently

“* Fixed a bug where Werebear Form’s Territorial node and Fury Leap’s Crater node were multiplicative instead of additive with each other, resulting in Maul having 11% more area of effect than intended with both nodes.”
I guess 11% is not much? Or do I misunderstand the patch notes :slight_smile:

Since eq makes the most damage I don’t see this killing the build

Question: on Gear you went with a lot of phys damage + phys pen on amulet, but Earthquake is converted to 100% fire. Any reason you add all the phys instead of adding fire?

Just the leftover gear I had from before we did eq. Maul is still physical but yes fire would be better

1 Like

Someone able to post a better idea of gear for endgame? Any Legendary potential items to shoot for etc.