Disconnected from server. again, and again, and again

Game was purchased about a week before multiplayer launch. worked fine. multiplayer is launched and the first day (mar 9th) and i log in and play for hours no problem. never had a queue. a friend comes on, and it takes him awhile to get online. we party up and play for a bit. he logs, and i create a new char and play it to like lvl 10. then i log for the night. next day he’s online and we join up and start playing. in like about 30 mins I get disconnected from the server. he is still in game. i come back, party up, and then in less than 5 minutes im disconnected again. try several times, same result. give up for a bit, go hunting for info to see if others are experiencing and dont find anything. next day same thing. no idea how to resolve this. game was bought thru steam, so no merging was involved. i know i dont meet recommended but definitely above required condition to play game. win 10 here, samsung SSD. have tried multiople installs of game, its the only game in my library at the momment. even reinstalled steam. have tried all kinds of trouble shoot. turned off overlays from win 10 and nvidia. given folder exclusive rights against win defender. cleared steam casche, downed from different server on and on. (like this post) still as of today i cant stay in a game for no longer than a few mins. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, I can only play for 10 minutes. :frowning:

1 Like

yep still the same here almost a week later. was hoping the patch/hotfix would have helped. while in game for the couple mins before i get booted, my ping is like 46 to 51. it now shows im connecting to east. im in central time united states
. made a comment over on twitter, and the 11th hour jerk over there said i needed to post on support here. well i have, and no response.

Same for me. I just attempted a refund. Unplayable and ZERO support. I’d rather just wait for Diablo 4.

Throwing my comment in for this issue, too. My wife and I have had no luck playing together since 0.9 released, even after the major server issues were resolved. We’ve tried playing every day since launch, and every time there’s like a 50% chance of one of us d/cing during every loading zone, so we can’t play for more than a few minutes before getting a d/c. Playing solo has been completely fine, no connection issues even with online characters - and getting IN to the servers isn’t a problem, either - it’s just constant “lost connection” errors, specifically during loading screens and when we’re partying together, that are the problem.

I filed a support ticket a few days ago but got a generic “we’re aware of server issues” response, which makes me a bit worried that this SPECIFIC issue is getting lost in the sea of general server issues. I totally understand things falling through the cracks, thanks to the rough launch, and this issue definitely doesn’t seem to be affecting everyone… but for those of us who do have it, multiplayer is just completely unplayable, which kinda spoils a lot of the excitement for 0.9. Really hoping this issue will be acknowledged and fixed soon, we’re super excited to be able to play together, as we’re both huge ARPG fans and have been eagerly awaiting the multiplayer patch for years!

having the same issue here, i sent an email to support i think about 2 weeks ago, no response and am still waiting for them to adress this issue.
currently this is unplaybale and its ashame. been waiting for so long for multiplayer.
cant even complete an echo…

I too have been experiencing many disconnects… :rage:

I’m also in the same boat. Disconnected from every 10 minutes to an hour. My internet is fine otherwise and I have no other issues in other multiplayer or online games.

I had support respond to me about the same issue they asked me for further info like system info account name etc and after i provided them with it all i have not heard from them for over a week idk why they even responded they don’t give a shit by the looks of it

hopefully they will help yopu soon. for me… well i havent heard the first thing from them. i mentioned the problem over on twitter and was told to come here and submit a ticket. i did as instructed, and nothing. I just gave up, I havent played ( sorry disconnected repeatedly) in over a week now. this past weekend i played the D4 beta. had fun. hope others have a great time, but their support sux here and wont support them any longer.

same, no probs on any other games i play online. even the D4 beta this past weekend i had no problem at all. some times here i was getting booted in 2 mins. log in, open a echo, load into it, everything but me is froze and disconnect.

I too am having this happen, relatively recently in the last day or two, but higher frequency than say a week ago. My internet connection is stable otherwise, high speed, low ping in other games, etc.

EDIT: I’m on US West, 42ms ping. full bars. I’ve probably DC’d around 6-10 times this evening at random running monoliths. Pretty frustrating. I get that it’s beta, but it feels worse after the last update.

I’m having the same issue as of about 2 days ago. I DC after maybe a minute online (or less). Totally unplayable right now. Never had any issues before this (US west)

Hi all

This user found that using a VPN helped

Not ideal long-term, but can be useful in narrowing down the issue.

Give it a go if you can.

Same issue here, constantly disconnecting from the game server, no issues with any other games/devices using my network.

September 30th, the disconnect still happening.

I still 1 OCT 23 get random DC all the time. Mid fight just DC. This is crazy that this is still going on over a year now. You would think an issue that makes players not want to play your game would be #1 on the fix it list. This game is supposed to “launch” in DEC 23 and you still have people getting random DC all over the place. Great game but come on its 2023…fixing random DCing shouldn’t be hard to fix.

1 Like

Playing from Asia SE server, I’ve only gotten up to level 6 thus far, and keep disconnecting around 15-30secs after loading into Keeper’s Garden map. Able to kill 1 enemy, then disconnects.

Are there other means to get this concern raised to the devs?

Yeah, I have a handful of dislikes with the game.

Don’t understand how to fast travel, map is too raw, and I appear to have a wave effect in the middle of my screen with the character.

But the worst part, the disconnecting. I have cleared the same area multiple times and feel every time I disconnect or leave the game. I’m doing the same area over again. lol, I’m leveling up but I only have like 15 hours in the game and have already gotten put off by the disconnects and replays.

I understand the games in beta but I’ll have to wait for the actual release.

I’ll troubleshoot my side and continue my efforts of playing but for a game that has been going since 2019…is this another DayZ?

2024 and still the same , do they even continue develop the game ?