Repeated Lost Connection

I’m getting repeatedly dc’d and given a “lost connection” error message, much more frequently since the last patch. Trying to run mono’s is impossible now as a dc counts as a failed attempt, particularly annoying when dong the boss quests due to the stability loss. My internet is running fine, I am not in a party but playing online. I’ve looked around the forum but haven’t found a fix. Any ideas on what I can do to make the situation better?

Love the game (600+ hrs), just frustrated that it’s now become basically unplayable for me.

1 Like

+1 same problem; this doesn’t seem to happen when i’m playing with a friend tho

This will sound silly, but try playing the game over a VPN (try a free one).

If it works more reliably, there could be some OS settings or router settings related to your MTU which could be causing some instability.

Thanks for the advice. I’ve managed over 2 hrs without a single dc while using VPN.

Hey - that’s great news. It’s really unfortunate that you’ve come across this issue.

Obviously playing over a VPN isn’t a great solution long-term. I’m not sure how tech-savvy you are – if you are savvy, here is a reference you can use to try and work out a good MTU to use:

You would then need to know how to set this on your router / Windows setup.

If you aren’t sure about that and you are using the router /modem your ISP gave you, you can call them to ask about it.

If setting it on your router doesn’t resolve the issue, you might have a different setting in Windows. Let me know if that is the case and I’ll try to find some references you can use to set the value.

Its also possible that some traffic the game uses is being blocked at your ISP and the VPN gets around that.

This isn’t walk-in-the-park stuff, so don’t be discouraged. Hopefully it can be adjusted on your router and it will be fine :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.