Crow Bear Earthquake 0.8.2e Build

Is it my poor skill, or does it appear that snapshotting doesn’t work anymore? My paper doll/tool tip info always reverts when gear is swapped after transforming. Don’t really need it, but was curious now that I got my Exsang drop

Snapshotting is still a thing. The character sheet will always update when you change gear.

Thanks, so, the character sheet updates to the stats of the gear that you put on after transforming to WB but the stats of the gear that was “snapshotted” when in human form are still in effect, but hidden? Interesting.

Correct.

This a very fun build. A couple of “icing on the cake” questions: I want as little health regen and leech as possible, but the most raw health, correct? Also, what drives increasing the EQ damage? I don’t see anywhere near the damage/crit damge as in the video. Maybe occasional 120K crits. I’m level 92, so missing just a few passive points.

Without knowing what your character’s stats are, it’ll be difficult to say what’s “missing” from your build. But yes, if you’re going low life (Exsanguinous/Last Steps of the Living) you want as little health sustain as possible to maximise the health drain which in turn maximises the missing hp & therefore the ward/sec.

I think there was a short discussion here as to what stats would give you the biggest bang for the buck.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, LL using Ex and Last Steps, so I will look to drop as much leech and regen as possible. I think I follow some of the discussion on affixes and stats, but here is a link to my current build, if you have any thoughts…Druid, Level 92 (LE Beta 0.8.2i) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Putting a +2 Earthquake on the helm would help as you could then take 2 points in Potency for an additional 40% more damage, but I suspect @boardman21 is probably best to comment.

Hello,

I am playing this build and lvling now but wondering what is the best way to collect those uniques items?
Will build work without them ?

I am using the 1 to 75lv werebear druid to level right now. It is really steady but slow (the fact I only play like 30min to an hour a day. ) I wish I level with boardman’s Werespriggan build cause it seems a lot of fun. I don’t know if this patch is viable (and it is viable), you might want to double-check if you want to go for it. Build Link below:

Hello Boardman21,

First thank you for this guide. I am playing it but I don’t have any unique items yet.
Can you advise on what level they drop ? Or should I do special maps/bosses for some of them?
Even in bear form is fun to play but I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing.
Thank you in advance for you help!

The only unique you need to make EQ werebear work is the 2 handed weapon which falls in the level 90 timeline spirits of fire from the boss at a 85% drop rate.
I would get it and play the full life version unless you already have the other 2 uniques for low life.
Exsanguois is completely random Drop
Last steps of the living you need to farm forsomus on frost blood and death timeline 14% drop rate.

Wings of Argentus is also a really nice unique, i use it instead of exsang chest

So I was going through your loot filter and in the Yellow Recolour section you have 2h Maces?!? eventhough you hide all 2h weapons above it. Is this a mistake should I change it to 1h weapons?

Well 2h is hidden due to your using a unique amd your not going to use a crafted item or this build doesnt work

I see now that this build uses a Unique 2h whoops still working your 1-75 build guide and I was getting ready to convert over to this build I guess I’ll have to wait until I can farm this item before I try it.

1 Like

Fortunately it’s an 85% chance to drop from the Spirits of Fire monolith end boss in normal.

Why 4 points in bulb shield for “recast thorn shield”. It doesn’t actually grant armor again. Are you just doing it for a little extra damage?

It should be granting armor. It allows you to easenrially have 40% more stacks. The armor stacks

While it is true that the armor stacks from multiple instances, it doesn’t grant it for the full duration like you think. It’s pretty easy to test with manual casting a single instance.

I’ll also note that the wording on the skill is misleading and doesn’t do what it says. It grants the armor DURING thorn shield, not “after releasing”.

How it actually works:
It grants armor for the duration of initial thorn shield (1.9seconds with eternal protection). Then it “releases” and the thorns get thrown out and you lose the armor buff. If it triggers a doublecast after it releases the first time, it casts another thorn shield that lasts a SHORT duration (0.5s?) before sending out a second set of thorns. This means you’ll only get that extra armor for a short window. When you test you’ll see your armor value blink down to the non-shield value for 0.25 and then blink back up (on recast) for 0.5s and then return back down to non-shield value.

Note that it can also do more than a double cast. Because the double cast also has a chance to trigger again. Meaning with a 40% chance you have a 9.6% chance of triple cast, 3.8% chance of quadruple cast, 1.5% quintuple cast… etc.

It’s still not bad, but its not as good as it appears.