Full Life Werebear EQ updated For 0.8.2I

Having fun with this, and other builds you’ve put out. Thanks for the work.
Any idea why the DPS on Earthquake goes up when I put on an Increased Physical Damage item (in my case a totem). The scaling tag doesn’t say anything about Physical, and the other affix on the totem is % chance to shock on hit. Went from 41,184 to 43,183 with the affix giving 38% increase in Physical/Poison. Bug maybe?

Because the weapons says it only converts the base damage to fire, not any added damage from the weapon implicit.

Not a bug.

So your saying if a skill doesnt have a physical tag but you have added physical damage that stacking increased physical damage still effects it? If this is true why do we even have tags?

It has ever been thus (unless the skill converts all damage like many Rogue skills). The tags are used to tell the skill what it’s base damage should be though. But yeah, if you’re converting EQ to fire & then sticking a massive amount of phys damage, that phys damage won’t be scaled by fire. Nor would the cold from Ancestral Weaponry.

Edit: and they’re useful for unique affixes (like Calamity’s ignite chance for fire skills) and passives that require certain damage types (several Mage/Sorcerer/Spellblade passives require certain tags).

So if I’m following here, the reason that the Physical damage increase item it is actually increasing the damage of EQ, is that the weapon has Melee Physical Damage as an implicit. So it’s getting increased, and the EQ damage does scale with Melee damage per the tag.

If that is the case what are the best types of affixs to scale EQ in this build? I see in the planner that there are spell damage increase items, but EQ doesn’t say it scales with spell damage.

There is a note on the “Converts EQ damage to Fire” affix on the unique that it only converts the base damage not added damage. Which makes me wonder what Fire Damage increase affixes would do.

Yes.

Werebear has a node that converts increased spell damage to increased melee damage.
Since the flat damage you have is split between phys, fire and cold, the relative effectiveness of the % increased phys/fire/cold damage affixes depends on how much of each flat damage you have. % melee would be best because it buffs all of the flat damage, as would % spell damage (because it gets converted to melee), %elemental would probably be next as it buffs both the fire and cold.

They would affect all of the flat fire damage from the weapon plus the small amount of base fire damage.

Ah I see. I thought I had figured it out by testing single affix items I had crafted. But I missed that node and I don’t think there is a way to see the tool tip for meteor when you are transformed. I can see what the character sheet shows though. With the node giving crit chance for spell damage that seems likely to be the most useful.
Thank you!

ah! alrighty!

Wondering if this build can be done with “Exsanguinous” and the boots the way you’ve built the crows version?

This one is a beaut! Just got my 2nd Druid to level 75 so I could switch over. He’s a destroyer! What do you think about my previous question?

This build is the exact same as the crows version is except its not going low life…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and again for all you do :call_me_hand: So I could try it low life then?

Yes. Low life EQ werebear will work and is good.

So which build is better in your opinion? With the crows build one can also include the wolves which uses up that free skill slot that goes to the totems when you use more health idols.

Full life can push further than the low life, but both are High corruption viable

Sorry I wasn’t clear although thanks for that answer as well. I meant the crows from the other thread vs the bear build in this thread

One quick question. Is there anyway to force charge. I was fighting Lagon I think is his name and I basically had to manually cast and use swipe as it wouldn’t charge to him I guess because he isn’t on land so I couldn’t get close enough.

It requires a target and lagon is u targetable, its a known issue. As recommended above leave werebear form manually cast eq

1 Like

So until you get the lvl 75 weapon, is there anything else that’s viable in its place? I looked around and didn’t see any hint to that other than going another build until you find your weapon.

I’m assuming you would just get more mana regen and still run EQ until then since the damage overall is insane.

Probably the highest damage 2h weapon you can get your hands on.