Crafting materials should be auto-picked the same was as gold is

The community has demanded this for a long time now. Plenty talk about it on Reddit, but I post it here as well to “state it officially” and so that people can vote here.

Clicking to pick up crafting materials is pointless. Most players don’t mind having to click on the “sort” button in the inventory, but picking them from the ground is not needed. 100% of cases you want to have them, so why demand a manual action? It is the same case with gold, but it is solved perfectly. So can we please have crafting materials also auto-picked when going near them?

2 Likes

My take has always been different.

I think if they wish to remain on their stance of “they are items” fine, they are items. I can agree to that.

So they should be tradable by the merchants guild, and I should be able to change their color with my filter so I can change the color of the shards I want to better see them. They are items, I should be able to filter them. After a point you dont need to pick up the more basic ones and having them on your screen is distracting.

Currently they exist as an inbetween of item and not item, you cant filter them, and they currently have no plans to be able to trade them, and you cant even remove them from the crafting bag once you put them there. If they are an item why do they have no other feature of items?

2 Likes

This has been posted offically already many times, here is the latest one that I know of.
Why Crafting Materials Should Be Treated…

I have a feeling that this may keep coming up until implemented.

We believe that it’s important for the feel of the game loop to have enemies fairly frequently drop items that you want to take an active action to pick up, but which you don’t have to take time to inspect to work out whether it’s good for you. However there are times where it feels bad at the moment, especially when it’s just one shard, so we’re planning to have them drop slightly less frequently and in larger groups on average. We’re also planning to add more of a sink for shards you don’t want, so that it feels less futile to have picked up a shard that you aren’t planning to use and already have hundreds of.

We will be looking to new feedback after these changes are implemented.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike!

Any idea on the timeline that can be expected for this implementation? 1.0, before, or after?

Wow, I’ve never seen this requested before.

No guarantees but it’s a very minor change development cost wise so I’d be very surprised if it was post 1.0.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.