Bad boss design

If you have to tell us your credentials by linking unrelated videos, you really must be struggling to make a good case.

Either way, this argument has been going on for long enough. People didn’t criticize your “points” mainly, it was mostly about how you conduct yourself

1 Like

I posted a video of my Paladin above who had no issues with the fight. As mentioned, I just swapped in two Silver Rings for the fight, since the only damage in the entire fight is Physical and Necrotic, so who cares what your other resists are. I not only sauntered out of the AoE, I did a little jig in the safe area because I had so much extra time before it went off.

This is a learning issue, not a boss design issue.

Yet another deflection/downplay tactic :slight_smile: *

Honestly if your reply changes based only about how much “tactful” is the OP then it’s not analytical and not useful. (Ask yourself what value your post adds to the topic and did you post here to write just that? This topic is just spammed like this, it’s pure trolling)

I am writing something about a lazy boss, if people agree or not based on simpathy or how the OP is constructed then no comment

*P.S. You guys are amazing btw: ignoring original OP video, circumventing stated issue, excuses like “info unclear”, implying i cant complete a boss, implying i am a noob with “no defense wrong skills” whatever, coming with all kinds of excuses workarounds & “help”, any external mention is off topic, any external material is “unrelated” to be ignored or of less value, various excuses to circumvent OP topic, “offended” people, never ending circle :slight_smile: it’s like saying “you are right but you will never be right” :slight_smile:

Pot/kettle/black.

And you’ll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If you just wanted to bitch about how brutally unfair being splatted was, that’s your prerogative but don’t be surprised if people respond in kind. Which not everybody did.

And just to prove a point, I did an empowered dragon kill with my melee Paladin without my boots equipped so I had 6% movement speed. The first circle is definitely the hardest since he applies his slow then immediately goes into channelling his AoE, but after that they weren’t difficult since his rotation is

• Slow
  • 2-3 swipes
  • Big AoE

IMO they could do with adding a swipe or two in on the first one. But you can definitely do it without 30% movement speed, or a targetless movement skill.

A good tactic for the first one is to immediately start running once he starts the channel, then you’ll have more than enough time to get out, even with 3 stacks of slow & only 6% movement speed. For all subsequent ones the slow will have dropped off by the time you need to start running.

We know you can complete the bosses, we know you aren’t a noob/wrong skills/etc but that doesn’t necessarily mean we agree with you.

Edit: I even recorded it for you…

A) I post threads here because, and only because, it’s the only window I have towards the DEVs

I would send them an email if it was a valid venue. Truly, I wouldn’t post here because I know how it ends, it’s hard to describe how full I am, it’s like full hate :slight_smile:

Only the few posts that are a real exchange/debate have significance. The rest comes way after point A.

Yes it’s not an impossible boss, it’s just lazy and let me quote myself from the (edited) OP

It was slow due to being a tanky build rather than dps. But even the first one I had plenty of time to get out with -54% movement speed (3 stacks of slow + 6% movement). There weren’t any dps mods but that wasn’t the point since I never got hit by the AoE which was all I was trying to show.

Perhaps you’re saying lazy but everyone else is hearing something quite different?

I agree that it could do with a rework, but IMO I don’t like that it’s mainly a reskin of the Primordial Dragon.

Except it’s not, as I showed. You can do it with less than 6%.

I accept that you think it’s a badly designed encounter, & that’s your prerogative, just like it’s mine to disagree with you & say so (politely).

1 Like

Yes you are in the circle of “everything perfect don’t change anything and play around it”.

I am in the circle of improve everything possible and I will be the one pulling the card of “Open Beta” and “Feedback”

I look at things as they are conceptually and this one is bad in all aspects (I’ll keep saying it).

1 Like

Thanks for joining the rest of us in the “reading a post through the lens of one’s own biases” camp. You have fun now.

Anyway compare your clip with one of mine:

Yours seem to go off at 5 seconds mine seem to go off at 3 seconds, I am using a stopwatch, see for yourself

Yeah, the difference will be the guaranteed stun I’m getting from Shield Bash on Lunge. But that wouldn’t change anything since he wasn’t channelling he just didn’t “wake up” quite as quickly so I got an extra second or two of slapping him with my wet towel.

I also started running after the roar while he was rearing up for his channel (~24s into the video) 'cause I was expecting it to be difficult so that was probably an extra second of run time for me.

You started running as soon as he started the channel (~5s in) which I wouldn’t have expected to be an issue given your movement speed was so much higher than mine (-30% v -54%).

Edit: After the first one it’s a non-issue since the Slow will have mostly worn off by the time you need to start running, then you’ll be at full speed for most of it.

I am looking at the boss from cast to explosion, your is 4’50s to 5s mine are 3s to 3’50s

The fact that mine is caught despite it having 32ms is actually another measurement of time

I dont know see for yourselves I’ve spent some time here with the stopwatch and it does seem like it

Yeah, Shield Bash gives a 1s guaranteed stun on bosses.

It is, and I’m not sure why I made it out with as much time to spare as I did given the much lower movement speed. Perhaps it was the “wiggle” your Sentinel did at ~6s? I just ran directly out but you appeared to run to the side for a bit, but again I’d not have thought that would have made as much of a difference. I had ~2s outside of the danger zone (exited at ~26s into the video, explosion happened at ~28s).

Can you explain why I was able to get out despite having -54% movement speed (3 stacks of slow) but you “only” had -28%? I can’t.

Edit: Neither of us had “bad” mods like Frenzy/CDR on the boss.

It is not the stun, you did not stun the boss at 0:50 1:42 etc etc.

I have measured the entire video 4’50 to 5s, I have measured all my clips, 3 different clips are 3 to 3.50sec.

The measurement is regardless of the character movements (*), the boss itself is measured, from the boss casting animation (play) to the explosion animation (stop)

*You see the fixation on looking at what our chars are doing or their setup instead of the boss?

I didn’t Lunge to hit at 0:50, 1:42, etc. Shield Bash goes off automatically on Lunge assuming Shield Bash is off cooldown. You see another stun at 0:56 when I Lunge back in.

When I Lunge in at 18s Shield Bash goes off & he’s stunned (you can see his animation pause for a second, it’s easier if you slow the video down) until somewhere around 0:19-0:20 when he gets up & starts turning round towards me.

Are you guys both doing empowered (or both doing normal) or is one empowered and one normal?

No, we’re both doing empowered, you can tell from the “enemies have XX% more health/damage modifier”. ZaeN’s at ~120 corruption (60% more), I’m at 100 (50% more).

I compared the 1st engagement (1st AoE) which was at 5 secs in your video and I think 13 in his. The boss raises his head (start of AoE animation) and then the beam comes down. From Head Raise to “Boom” is ~ 5 seconds in your video, ~3 in his.

This is so bad. Really. You edited your post after we talked about that your points aren’t really clear. So don’t pretend we are ignoring your points. And from the wording of your post it seemed like a noob like comment in the way “I died to a big boss, it’s impossible, please nerf!!” People are not keeping record of your LE career and know everybody by name. You expect people to have infos about your skills and knowledge you just did not provide in your OP. You came up with all the additional infos when people gave you suggestion that you felt were beneath your dignity.

You belong to the stubborn group of people that don’t understand that it’s important how you present your argument. Because no matter how valid your feedback is, crying it out and going against people that disagree with you, weakens your arguments. It’s harder to agree with people that you are angry about than with people you like.

Yes, this is beta. But this doesn’t mean every single feature in this game is broken and has to be discussed. And it doesn’t mean that people should automatically agree with every point of criticism that is brought up here.

We are here to help forming the game. People have different opinions about stuff. Most of the things aren’t objectively bad or broken.

I like the boss you are bitching about. I have had some hard fights and knowing that theres a big nuke I have to run from, keeps me on my toes. It’s a perfect example for an encounter you can beat by a bit of knowledge and awareness.

If not criticising or disagreeing with criticism makes me a brainless fanboy in your eyes… so be it.

That’s very odd.

The only thing I can think of is some sort of animation lag.

Edit: I looked at my video (Normal, not empowered) and its also 3 seconds to Boom (but as I’ve said, I waltzed out and tapdanced around waiting for the AoE, I had tons of time. Also, my Slow fell off almost instantly in my video, so I expect the Slow Duration is longer in Empowered)

1 Like