Are you serious?

How many times have you missed a deadline, not stuck to your road map, or put the launch date back??? Yet instead of using your workforce to finish the game, people have ALL READY PAID FOR. Your use some of them to make a cosmetic shop, with prices that to be honest are a BLOODY Joke. I don’t care if it was one person or 10 people that worked on it, that’s time and resources that should be put into finishing the game. I have no problems after the game is released, for you putting in a cosmetic shop. I understand that’s just business, and if the prices are more reasonable. I’m sure I’ll buy stuff to support you and future content but this is just a cheap way to make yet more money out of a product that has TAKEN YEARS to get to this state. Buying any of those stupidly priced cosmetics is rewarding them for making us wait longer.

Is the money made so far not enough? There is a very thin line between making money in early access and trying to milk those who have put their faith in you. In my mind, you just crossed that line… Very Disappointed in you.

5 Likes

fair enough, it takes really long. i rather test new masteries. I need more real and enjoyable contents

5 Likes

I generally agree, but the people designing mtx are not the same people making tweaks, fixing skill, fixing boss hitboxes (cough). Yea, on our side, it looks like a waste of resources, but in reality, it is an entirely different group of people working on this.

2 Likes

What launch date?

1 Like

Wait till you find out there wont be any major balance this patch.

1 Like

Have they said that? Or are you just going to move the goal posts 'cause there’s always balance tweaks each patch. I’d far rather gradual tweaks than ripping everything up and starting again each patch (sorry, “major balance adjustments”).

1 Like

Let’s ask Lizard. I heard it in his stream.
How can we tag him?

1 Like

@lizardirl

1 Like

This would be insane to me and actual shake my faith.

The entire point of MP taking forever was forgiven because they said they would be returning to the old patch cadence.

I want druid patches, not patches of fluff that add nothing to my gaming experience…

1 Like

Kuchiyose no Jutsu

2 Likes

That is an argument often heard. It’s true that 2D/3D artists usually don’t do gameplay design or coding, but it’s also true that 2D/3D artists do environmental and general character (class) design, which the game could benefit from quite a bit at this point. So, they either work on something that makes the studio additional money (off of predatory practices), or they work on something else to improve their product in a meaningful way, that provides content/gameplay for all customers and brings the product a step closer to its promised (release) state. They can’t do both at the same time. So, I don’t think that argument of yours is valid in this context.

3 Likes

I joined early access just after it was launched, that is a very long time ago. The game looked and played totally differently. Although no date has been given for a release, the general launch window of the game has been put back on at least 2 occasions.

1 Like

You understand there’s more to the new MTX shop than just designing graphic elements, right? There’s the whole shop that had to be designed and built, for those new graphical elements to be displayed and sold in. I think those are the resources being discussed here.

The old “those aren’t the same people that do XYZ, blah blah blah” lecture is really stale.

1 Like

I aspire to write fanfiction as quality as this thread. Bravo.

2 Likes

If there is no date X it can’t be put back from day X.

The game was set to launch at the end of last year, then it was put back a few months to the first quarter of 2023, and now it’s apparently the end of 2023. Go and do your research if you don’t believe me.

1 Like

Strange the Devs said there was no release date set in stone. I think I give more about what they say then what you say :man_shrugging: .

Aron in action RPG just reminded me, when I first entered the early access. The game date of release was March 2020. Only a few years behind.

You’re thinking of multiplayer launch dates (or windows), of which there have been quite a few – the first targeted the year of 2021 in this announcement. This was followed up with several multiplayer development update blogs throughout 2021 that ended with the realization that multiplayer wasn’t coming that year and that they’d need more time, as noted in the November 2021 update.

Further multiplayer dev updates came in 2022 with the June dev update announcing that the next update would be 0.9. While no date was given at that time, everyone in the community seemed fairly confident that it would release sometime that year, which was further emboldened by this statement from Stanzwar during the Ziz multiplayer interview on September 14, 2022:

While he didn’t officially state a release date for 0.9, he did announce that they were indeed targeting that year. Obviously circumstances changed and they didn’t make that internal release window, with EHG later locking it in for March 9th, 2023 in the December dev blog.

However, as far as game release dates there’s only been a couple and those were quite some time ago. The first was April 2020 from their Kickstarter, which was then pushed back to Q4 2020 in this announcement, and finally to “when it’s ready” in this announcement.

Though not officially stated in a dev blog or announcement, Judd did mention in the in-game chat (on March 10th & 11th) that they’re aiming to release 1.0 by the end of this year. So there’s at least one more “launch window” that EHG is currently targeting for the game.

4 Likes

So your comment basically covers my first sentence. I just got Launch mixed up with Multiplayer a few times. Thank you for the clarification.