When you lose +skill

So I’ve run into a slightly annoying problem. I had +sentinel skill item on that I replaced. Instead of removing the most recent point spent it removed I’m guessing a skill point randomly.

The most recent point spent was +electrify chance but instead it removed +healing hands proc on melee.

I was wondering why it was occasionally not proccing as I was running around.

I don’t know if this is intended or not but I think it should remove the most recent point spent.

1 Like

As far as I know it is working as intended.
It’s done this way to stop players from unequipping & re-equipping items to move points for specific scenarios.

1. Feedback and suggestions have their own forum. Your feedback and suggestions will be more likely to attract the devs attention there.

2. The game doesn’t appear to follow our every movement, or divine which skill points we value most highly, so just de-allocate the point(s) you want de-allocated before removing the item.

It is.

That’s not why the game removes different points, they have an algorithm to pick specific points to remove, it’s function is specific & working as intended.

There are also several threads about this already, including discussion on why this works the way it does.

1 Like

Doesn’t make sense to remove healing hands on melee proc over something else. It should just remove the most recently allocated skill point the least intrusive

2 Likes

It also includes why it can’t be the last skill point used, including Mike’s comment on it. Try searching for them.

2 Likes

Search is your friend.

It does make sense. I’ll let you do a search to find out why.

Too many to look through I cbf

This is my opinion idc if you don’t like it. You could share your opinion instead of deflecting to other posts or if your not invested don’t respond.

If my skill is 20/20 with my intended skill point allocation and I equip an item that gives me an extra skill point and I invest that point into a throwaway slot so that I’m 21/21 then remove the item so that I’m back 20/20 it should remove that last invested skill point not a skill point I invested before it was equipped. Now I’m slightly inconvenienced, unnecessarily too imo, because I have to remove the incorrectly allocated skill point and relevel that skill. I just think this is bad design.

1 Like

It could, but it doesn’t & there are good reasons for it.

Which is your prerogative, but it makes for a much shorter conversation.

He wasn’t deflecting, he was just asking that you give others the basic courtesy of doing a basic search. If you’re not going to be courteous to others you shouldn’t expect them to afford you the same.

It’s not. I could explain why, but I cbf.

If you cbf to make a search, I cbf to write my opinion yet one more time. And I didn’t say you could search for players’ opinions, I said you could search for the devs statement on why this is the way it is and why it won’t change. Not devs opinion. Their statement.

1 Like

Ok goodbye leave the thread I made then. You didn’t even share an opinion you just told me to go look through hundreds of posts. Gtfo.

I heard somewhere that it is done to prevent switching gear mid-combat, pretty much what the 1st reply said. Also don’t know the exact quote but hope that helps.

Something along those lines. Plus to avoid the “optimal play” being to switch from clear ato single target just before a boss.

Here, I save you the trouble.

1 Like

bad game design. The points should be removed in order of acquiring them. There is nothing to exploit in a single player (offline) game.

1 Like

Too bad this is a multiplayer semi-competitive (ladder) one, then.

1 Like

This is an offline game for me. They should simply leave as it is for you online players and make QOL improvements for people who play for fun - i.e. the offline players.

Even for offline and solo players that don’t care about leaderboards there is such thing as bad design, when the design forces you for the most optimal strategy to constantly fiddle around with gear and menues between different types of content.

That would be way more annoying for me then anything else.

The change you are requesting is not “Quality of Life”, it is a change that will impact gameplay and character building.