What is the origin of your name?

I started playing PC games, specifically World of Warcraft (WoW), during the last few months of “The Burning Crusade”. Skill trees, woot woot. :grin: My very first character was a Male Nightelf Rogue named Nasaris. This name was a random generated name but it spoke to me at the time. Then when “Wrath of the Lich King” expac came out I rolled a Female Nightelf Resto Druid named “Nasari”. Which became my “Main”. During dungeons and raids with friends and clan mates, my discord call sign became “Nas”, mainly because it was easy for everyone to say quickly in battle. However, this stuck with me through the many years of WoW and beyond. So, every character I created since has incorporated “Nas” in the name.

2 Likes

Way cooler backstory then what I thought it was, Network Attached Storage, and that’s probably because I use 3 different NAS solutions in my home. Naturally, I also assumed you were in IT.

3 Likes

C8die was my Diablo 2 name. C8Pikachu was my first email and screen name on aol, prior to C8die. I guess it seemed like a natural progression for me. hah

1 Like

And now i am very interested what your Real name is :joy:

Propably Pa3sha - you got it? Pa - three - sha :rofl:

So like Patricia just with “3”. And because this is nothing similar to C8die it makes no sence. :crazy_face:

1 Like

My name evolved over time, but my very first Internet nickname was “HeavyMetalDeathMan”, because well… that badass isnt it :smiley: and what does a 10 year old more wants to be badass xD
That were the Battlefield 2 times, that is a looong time ago. (even thou pretty young i already was mostly into rock/metal/punk so at least it had some kind of background value)

This one evolved to HeavyMetalMan, which is still used in some scenarios where “Heavy” already was taken. And since a few years i just use “Heavy” when possible, i also have some secondary nicknames, because sadly if i am not super early on Video games/forum’s and stuff ist taken most of the time >.<. I’m glad im soo early here in Last Epoch.

Also some fun fact’s, even thou it started as a “Internet Nickname” it slowly over time became a real nickname for me, im still very much into metal/rock/punk and i even have a Name Sign (Similar to Military Name Signs on Uniform) on my patched vest.

https://imgur.com/a/Nag35uq

1 Like

I’ve always liked the constellation Orion and now that NASA is working on the Orion spacecraft, that really made me smile. The Alliance part, I was thinking about how our family and friends are like an alliance. Good or bad, we band together and help one another. Hence… OrionAlliance. Not as funny or cool of a reason as a lot of other here.

3 Likes

And Master of Orion (1 & 2, not 3, though 3’s story was good) was awesome.

2 Likes

damn, the whole time i thought i’m talkin to the famous rapper…

2 Likes

off topic.
Master of orion II Battle of Antares was my favorite game for many many years!!!

I was one of the few that was split between 1 & 2. And as a fully accredited spreadsheet-warrior, #3 was very disappointing & un-fun.

1 Like

Played MOO3 20-30 mins and uninstalled it…
Moo1 was great, 2 was FANTASTIC, after that chaos.
Only Sins of a Solar empire Rebellion from ALL the 4X space games i have played are close to what i like, especially in combat.

Mine kind of evolved from my real life name which is Toby. Around the time of the Harry Potter books getting popular a friend started calling me Dobby as a nickname and at some point that evolved into Dobster/Dobs and it’s stuck ever since. I’m still known as Dobs by all my RL friends and tbh I quite like it:)
I’ve been using it since the days of Sacred closed HC which is still my favourite online game to date. I’m hoping LE can change that.

2 Likes

Ah man that’s bad… :stuck_out_tongue: At least (and I’m not going to say “friends” people in RL call me by my proper name…

1 Like

Well my RL name is basically a pet dogs name so it comes down to whether I prefer being a dog or a House Elf :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, it’s the (almost the) same (but less pretentious) as my eldest brother-in-law.

Oh buddy, no friends in RL? I feel so sorry. But we could pretend to be friends. I also could call you by your proper name (isn’t it Liam?)… :upside_down_face:

No, I’m not really a people person, why do you think I became an accountant?

Fake it till you make it…

And no, that’s not my real name.

Thank you. Nostalgia for sure. However, I’m not smart enough to be in IT. :nerd_face:

1 Like

There was a book about a bunch of REAAAAALLY horny fairies, and one of them had this name and I really liked the name, so I started using it online.

1 Like