Void Knight's Volatile Reversal

I’ll preface this by saying this is my first week of playing so there could very well just be something I am missing. However, reading the description of Volatile Reversal and actually playing it in my build for a few days, it feels as it is either bugged or there is missing information about what it actually does. What I mean by this is it seems completely random as to how much mana or life I actually recover, despite where/how much I had 2 seconds ago. Sometimes I will regain nothing despite me being nearly positive I had much more mana 2 seconds ago, and sometimes I randomly get refunded full mana despite me knowing for a fact I had little to no mana for at least the past 5 seconds. I checked both the skill specialization tree and the passive tree and don’t see anything that should be modifying this behavior of the skill, so is there something I am missing or is it actually bugged?

I had the same issue, was gonna post but you did it.
It’s really weird how random it is to gain mana, sometimes full mana sometimes negative mana no matter how much mana I got 2 seconds ago.
Please fix.

What should be happening is that any mana spent in the last 2-4s is added back to the mana you have when you use Volatile Reversal. So if you use a very expensive skill then VR, you’ll get that mana back.

Yeah I understand that but it’s definitely not. Last monolith I ran I was walking around with under 20 mana for a good 30 seconds, then one volatile reversal after me going negative mana it randomly gives me back 200 mana to put me at full again. I couldn’t have possibly spent that much mana because I didn’t even have the mana to spend.

Other times I’ll be full mana, dash in and do a full combo using all of my mana quickly, immediately use VR, and instead of me getting full mana back it’ll actually make me even more negative mana. It just seems super inconsistent to the point of random a lot of times.

It’s a bug, it has been since the ability was released or as far back as I can remember. Something about the game unable to actually remember values and spit them back out again a couple seconds later. So what ends up happening is when you press the button sometimes you get the mana back correctly, sometimes you get full mana, sometimes it gives you back nothing or in other cases it completely deletes your mana. It’s weird idk how they are going to address it and/or if it’s something that is fixable.

I am also noticing the same issues with the skill. I am using it as my primary mana sustain and it seems ok for the most part. I definitely notice the oddities with the mana calculations in normal fighting.
Where the skill gets really buggered for me is when I am fighting a monolith boss to conquer a timeline. Usually starting out at the boss is fine, but after the fight goes for more than a minute (not exact), the skill gets real messed up, leaving me with 0 mana every cast. Which leads to a much longer fight. Even after killing the monolith boss, I can be standing in the arena for 30 seconds and use volatile reversal while at full mana, it sends me right back to 0 even though I didn’t do anything for the 30 seconds. As soon as I leave the arena, the skill works again. I am thinking the skill gets “overloaded” when there is lots happening (gets stuck at a certain calculation/time). Next monolith boss I will try running around for 2 minutes or so without using any mana to see what happens.

Thanks for the reports. We’re tracking this issue internally!

Also noticed that its prety random with that. Weird.

This is good to hear!

I have the same problem. It seems random, though I don’t think it triggers outside combat. For me, the bug leaves my build hardly playable, so I’m moving to another character, hoping that the issue gets resolved soon.

I also see multiple reports that may help in investigation, though you probably know of them:

Let us know if you need more information to reproduce the issue; looking forward to a solution otherwise!

Can also attest that it’s killed my build, and another I was considering. Both a warpath build and an extremely high mana usage erasing strike one. I’m currently experimenting my options with rebuke to save the latter, but the former is just dead on arrival since it has less leeway than the erasing strike build.

First time I ran into it I escaped with 40 hp X_X I play in HC exclusively and the build I planned is mainly functioning based on a rather rare unique. so my heart rate quadrupled.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.