Void Forge Guard BUILD Patch 0.7.8 : The Spirals of Deaths, Hammer Throw with Disintegrating Aura

Y, your build is not lag/internet connection friendly ^^
A bit too many hits :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, my thanks for this build!!
have 2 questions, does sorrow and steel in void path passives help with damage?
is it wise to use 1 100% shield throw damage converted into void idol?

Thanks you for the kind words :slight_smile:

Well, our build is based around the skill Hammer Throw and not the skill Shield Throw . So this idol is useless for our build.
If you want to use it, Llama8 build which is linked at the end of the build is for you.

Sorrow and Steel damage increase is a bad modifier, flat life is a lot more valuable.

We already have a lot of damage increase with Forge Guard Passive nodes and idols, we don’t need more :slight_smile:
Survivability matters ^^

my bad, i am using hammer throw :blush: :blush:

1 Like

@Malestan Question regarding Time Rifts and Harbinger of dust and its interaction with disintegrating aura. Those two skills specifically say they affect enemies hit by “Void Rifts”. The hammers create a “Disintegrating Aura”. Are you sure they would buff those for the increase damage? Even if we used them for an additional damage boosts for the Void rifts created by devouring orb, they wont buff those either because of the Hollow Orb node. Thoughts? or am I missing something here?

Void Rift is an exclusive spell created by Volatile Reversal when we use it : it’s created once at the arrival and once at the departure : the nodes Terminal void rift and Incipient void rift are the ones creating this effect.
The void rifts of devouring orb won’t apply the debuff of Volatile Reversal, because even tho it’s the same text, it’s not coming from the same skill, would be way too strong otherwise :slight_smile:

The node Harbinger of dust state +30% increase damage taken (so all type of damage, including Devouring Orb an physical damage of Hammer throw (but the damage is low) ) and the node Time Rifts read +60% in damage over time taken.
Both stacks with Disintegrating Aura :smiley:

Do you have any passive specs for level 81-100?

Sure, there is 3 ways to spec your char after lvl 88 (this is when you invested 20 points in sentinels, 25 in void knight, 55 in forge guard and 5 in paladin) :
You can put all your remaining points into the Node Powerful Throw in the Forge Guard tree, it gives you per point +7% dmg on disintegrating aura and +5% ele protections when hit, it’s obviously very good.

It’s also possible to invest point into the node Battle Hardened, it will increase your armor up to +150% when you get hit… Armor is really good in this build because if you got the right gear for it, necro and poison damage will be dealt to your armor, and it’s much easier to stack armor than necrotic and poison protections.

Finally, the node Infinite Bulwark will be very good if you want to have a very agressive and active playstyle, if you’re using all the times your potions to increase your damage by +300% thanks to the node Tide Of Battle.
When you use a potion, this node will give you for 4 sec a buff that will gives you +200% armor and +200% increase chance to find a potion ! It’s very good as well, but situational, and this node is more for players that want to be very active, if you prefer a good passive buff, then the 2 previous node quoted would be better :slight_smile:

Edit : those advices have been now added to the build :smiley:

Good guide. And done right! Who the hell can follow a video for a build guide? Written guide with pictures and links = the Jedi’s way to articulate a build.

Edit: Okay so I transferred my Forge Guard over to this wholesale. Suffice to say this build slaps. This build tosses salads with its mouth closed! Being able to do damage early is important. I’m diggin’ the lvling tree vs endgame tree for that one skill, I don’t even know the name of it.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you liked my guide :smiley:

The reason i didn’t do a video where i talk about the build is that i have 0 experience doing it, i would need to write a text and to do it a few times (because when i do something, i want it to be of good quality)…
And i wondered why i needed to write a text to then explain the build vocally instead of just writting everything down on the forum with links :slight_smile: ^^

Considering all the build i’ve played, this one is by far the strongest in terms of tankiness and damage (if i exclude poison builds which are TOTALLY busted at the moment in terms of damage).

Can anyone help me ? my void knight passive is not working, i cant pass half of the page and i have more points than what’s required.

You’ve either not done the quest at the end of time to select a mastery, or you have done it & didn’t select the Void Knight.

i have done the quest but i was doing another build and now i changed to void night. i am at lvl 59

Well that’s it then, the other build will have been either Forge Guard or Paladin, you can’t change the mastery once you’ve chosen it.

1 Like

The orb tree on the far right has 7 out of 9 points put into it. What is your rationale for that decision?

Because Abyssal Juggernaut is just way too good to not invest all the points that we have in it (especially if you’re a begginer or a Solo Self Found player like me).

The most dangerous stuff at the moment in Last Epoch are dots fire attacks from Siege Golems and Fire Lasers from the Winged mobs.

If you’re playing Softcore and you have a lot of very good gear with crazy good protections on it, you might be tempted to take 2 points out of Abyssal Juggernaut and reinvest them into the Dark Torrent node to have 9 points allocated to it.

But as it stands, i still think that Abyssal Juggernaut is too good to pass up in end game where Siege Golems deals thousands of damage per sec if you don’t have good protections and an amulet to disminish dots taken.

As i said in the build, the only danger for this melee build are dots, and Abyssal Juggernaut allow us to mitigate a lot of damage from the most dangerous mob in the game (Siege Golem ).

This is why i created 2 Skill tree for Devouring Orb, one for leveling, is good until lvl +70, but then you’ll encounter a lot of Siege Golems in arena and monolith, so it’s best to have good protections vs them.

If in the future dots damage get nerfed and Siege Golem get nerfed, we will change the tree of Devouring Orb and put our points into the Dark Torrent node :smiley:

Thanks for the reply. I meant the Dark Torrent 7/9 node. I understand Abyssal Juggernaut completely. Or maybe I’m misunderstanding you.

Dark Torrent makes Devouring Orb fire much faster without the mana cost of having more Devouring Orbs from the reduced cooldown from Orb Master.

1 Like

Yes, i was talking about the Dark Torrent node when i said Abyssal emission, my bad, i always mix up those 2 names ^^

Replace what i said in my previous post by dark torrent instead of abyssal emission :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. I didn’t make this clear but I intended to ask about the amount of points put into that node. Not so much that the node as a whole was selected.

Was going to change things up a little.