Void Forge Guard BUILD Patch 0.7.8 : The Spirals of Deaths, Hammer Throw with Disintegrating Aura

Yes, too bad it’s useless in this build :slight_smile:
I love the flavor of teleportation skills normally, but Smite is not good enough as a mobility skill :frowning:

Very cool and well written build guide sir!

1 Like

Thanks you mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

yw, also @Llama8 because you mentioned it before in the thread: i’m trying the same build now with void knight since they buffed vk dmg also for throwing attacks, but i think i will regret it later in endgame dying too often without forge guard defensive buffs :smiley: the echo effect also doesn’t impress me so far

Even with my Forge Guard set up, i die vs 3 siege golem in Arena…
Can’t even imagine to do it as a void knight ^^ (but range build got it easy, they can easily dodge all their skill, not the same for melee builds).

I guess the build doesnt really scale with throw damage cause the aura is no throw? But on hit effects like poision work on aura hits or only the hammer itsself?

Can you please make a list what exactly scales damage well for this build?

Disintegrating aura scales with 3 damage types : Void damage, Damage over time and Throwing Attack damage, if you press ALT while overing over Disintegrating Aura, you can see all the informations about it :slight_smile:

Disintegrating Aura is a damage over time effect, therefore, there is no “hits” (would be wayyyyyyyy too Over Powered otherwise with Regenerator ^^). We do leech life from the aura tho. The hammers do count as a Hit.
You’ll have enough damage with passive nodes and idols to wreck everything, it’s best to have good defenses on gear than offenses (except for wands obviously :slight_smile: )

thank you very much.

Void damage works - so general “you deal increased damage” does not work? or is “damage” a short form for “deal increased physical/fire/light/void… damage”?

No, general increased damage would work as well.

Malestan, are you sure the aura is buffed by % throwing attack damage? Skills that have multiple “parts” can have certain tags that only apply to specific parts. Eg, the Primalist’s Tempest Strike, the spells that proc will get buffed by all the usual spell affixes but those won’t (or shouldn’t) affect the melee hit despite the skill having the spell & melee tags.

About global damage increased, i think i’m talking about this in the Hammer Throws skill : only one attribute is selected tho, no triple dipping.

Well, the devs did a very good job at spelling correctly their tags, and if you place your cursor on Disintegrating Aura with ALT, you can read this :
“Disintegrating Aura scales with your increases to void damage, damage over time and throwing attack damage, but not with other nodes on this tree unless specificaly stated otherwise.”

Fair enough, it’s been a while since I’ve looked at that node (& I’m at work at the moment).

I’m slightly confused by what you mean when you say triple dipping though.

1 Like

Triple dipping is a sentence that was mostly used in Path of Exile, where some skills with 3 differents damage tags would get triple damage increase if you have something that boost the 3 stats at the same time. It was OP and got nerfed quickly, that was sad :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, that must have been before my time, though I do remember double dipping on ignite being nerfed.

Y, double dipping on ignite was fun ^^ With Flameblast and Elemental Proliferation :heart: :heart: :heart:

The updated version of Lunge has been added ! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply and update.

1 Like

Hello, I’m enjoying this build, reached lvl 68, can you give an advice what to invest further passives into? Is Void Knight’s ‘sorrow and steel’ a good node? What nodes to take for defence?
Also what should I prioritize for offence: throwing attack dmg? Void dmg? Dmg over time?

1 Like

first off, thanks for the build! i’m loving how tanky it feels and the damage so far is great. i’m just about to wrap up the story and see how far i can push it in endgame :smiley:

re: using throwing damage to scale disintegrating aura, do you know if added base damage to throwing attacks adds to its base damage? or would it only be affected by %inc throwing damage?

it seems like the latter but since i can craft +throwing dmg/-mana cost on my rings it would be a pretty strong affix for the build if base damage is added to the dot…

1 Like

Sorrow and steel is not good. If you want more defenses, it will come from gear. You have the nodes listed for defenses in the build :slight_smile:
I updated the passive tree of Forgeguard to show you what to aim for :smiley:

The node Powerful Throw in the Forge Guard tree is in my radar for the next node to invest in : it gives you throwing attack damage + % ele resist, seems good :slight_smile:.

Void damage is best, because it increase the damage of devouring orb as well, can’t hurt to have additional damage on it :stuck_out_tongue:
Throwing attack damage scale the Hammer Throw physical damage and Disintegrating Aura.
Damage over time is the least interesting of the three damage tag cuz it works only on Disintegrating Aura.