Very low FPS on a high-end system

Also… With your windows update problem, I am wondering you are suffering from the Windows 10 KB5001330 issues which caused lots of performance issues for gaming in the last 2 weeks of April… This was corrected automatically by Microsoft but if you are having update issues, it could be that this is still affecting you… The file checker process and runnning windows update after should resolve it - IF your machine is affected by it obviously.

another long shot…

gpu update ill try (i dont update normaly as it causes more problems than it solves mostly)

other monitor did nothing as expected also windowed/fullscreen same story

not running any capture and when i capture i use the capture card that is also deactivated when im not using it. Broadcast had a few problems with the old version.

the intel wifi driver is shit and i know its dead as i dont get a new one -.- (using lan)

the windows update errors are known and if i remember correctly it was from one past update that i had to block as it caused bluescreens. ill try the system check anyway just to be sure ill update you here when its done

did updates like a day ago also no problems in any other game

did the driver update and the sfc nothing changed

seems like the game is suffering from huge memory leaks at the moment. i have good fps the first 30 minutes and then it gets worse and worse.

Hey…

Are you using framerate limiting? This makes a HUGE different to performance degradation over time…

The game is in beta so its very possible but the issue here is that this kind of observation would really need a LOT more data to try and confirm (and probably its own Thread)… For example… I have run the game for hours (8-10h) before the most recent patch to test exactly this concern and the memory graph is virtually flat for my configuration … I have also played for at least 3h since the latest patch and its still flat…

I will however confirm that increased in-game graphics settings DEFINITELY have an impact on memory… on very low settings and 60fps my Ram usage is around 7-8GB… if I bump it up to test, I can get it to go to 12GB or more just by changing settings… What I can also definitely say is that the game releases memory in a somewhat haphazard way (from a player/user perspective) as it will drop down in town to a baseline, then increase RAM usage over the course of a map or three and then it will go back down to the baseline… Sometimes it will return to the baseline immediate after loading a new area, other times it take multiple loading of maps to return to the baseline.

Also another thing that is important to note is that the memory concern could be System or GPU Ram and the differentiation could be important.

Please - if you really think that there is a memory leak, monitor it and post your system setup/config/logs and findings in a new thread so that the Dev have something to work from - they are unlikely to find it here in this thread.

EDIT: Also… patch 0.8.2C mentions fixing a skill with a memory leak… Make sure you update/verify your steam files before testing for the memory problems you have noticed…

the comparison between now and before 8.2 is sufficient enough for me, and i reinstalled the game earlier today and it is still the same. I can even stay in the hub afk for 30 min and lose fps over time, so it is clearly some memory leaks going on. and i am playing with vsync on so yea it is capped.

i noticed exactly the same also with a very beefy rig. i relog in the game every hour or two to try and reduce the degradation…

Look… I am not going to belabour the point, and I am not saying that there isnt a memory leak, but without extensive objective testing it is impossible to just accept your observation… just as you may not accept mine when I say I havent found one… Hope you understand that and that to help the devs have any hope of finding the issue they need data to work from.

Also… vsync does not work properly… Yes, it is supposed to do the same thing by limiting the framerate to the monitor Hz, but there is something fishy about how LE is handling it right now… this has been confirmed by many different people over the last 6 months - the in-game framerate limiting is much better from a performance and stability perspective with LE in its current state…

0.8.2c didnt fix it for me sadly

Crap…

Can you double check that that Windows update is not installed on your machine - KB5001330 . The list is in windows update history.

Honestly cant think of anything more than what you have already tried…

Its not as if you are experiencing the degradation in performance others are having… yours just starts at a really pathetic rate vs what your hardware should be able to do…

If you run a normal benchmark (3dmark or Cinebench anything with an online reference to compare to) do you get performance that matches other peoples systems using the same hardware? That would take LE out of the mix and see if something is just wrong on your system…

I am beginning to think that you might have to open a service request Contact button on top right… Although to be honest, we have probably done most of the things that any normal support person would ask you to try…

1 Like

my performance is on par with what it should be (or above average as the gpu is a custom design with heavy factory oc) the update mentioned is installed but doesnt cause any problem in other games (watchdogs legion anno 1800 and some other demanding titels) ill try to update everything windows again to see if it finds anything again

after 10 tries it found another update fps is far higher now (i hope it stays) 125fps in The end of time (instead of low 30+ fps) (KB5003173 is the update that fixrd it for me)

Seriously? Is it still ok an hour later? That would be fantastic news…

I really do hope that this is it… 125fps is much more like I would expect your system to get in LE…

seems quite stable right now also no mem leak fps drop issue or something like that (or at least not in a hurting degree)

Great stuff…

I will definitely keep this one in mind for any players having similar issues in the future…

Thanks for sticking with it…

Have fun playing… I need to stop answering posts on this forum and get some game time in… :wink:

Hi all, in regards to the original issue in the OP, it was totally from my end

My gpu as very evident in the picture I have provided in the op was severely underclocking itself to 300mhz for god knows why, typically its an indicator of a faulty GPU (god forbid that’s not the case!) and it was not the case !

After performing a clean install for drivers, my performance went through the roof 165 FPS kind of roof LOL,

There seems to be a problem with Nvidia’s latest drivers, so if you are on an nvidia card and have the latest drivers it is advisable you uninstall the drivers and reinstall them again.

1 Like

Fantastic info - any chance you can post the version number of the driver that caused the problem and the one that works?

please do so my fps got inconsistant again (and even worse while trying to stream with capturecard) 20-30 fps while in city is just unbearable

Is your GPU also running at a reduced Mhz like his was?