Very low FPS on a high-end system

>UPDATE: IT WAS FROM MY END THE GAME ACTUALLY RUNS AT A SMOOTH 165 FPS NOW<
I think there is a problem with the latest drivers from NVIDIA, clean reinstalling the drivers did the trick.

Hi all, I am very very excited for the patch and just got back to the game but sadly it was all ruined with this:

CPU: i9-9900K CPU overclocked to 5ghz
GPU: 2080Ti overclocked (+204mhz)
RAM: 64GB DDR4
Storage: NVME SSD
Internet: Fiber 200mbps/s up/down
Monitor: 1440p 165hz G-SYNC no HDR
Quality settings: Ultra @ 1440p

Additional notes: Game folder added to antivirus exceptionā€™s list. All componentsā€™ overclocking is fine-tuned and are water-cooled. Windows as well as GPU drivers and all other drivers are updated to their latest versions All other video games installed on the system have a sound performance.

Is this normal? Can I do anything about it?

1 Like

Heyā€¦

Is this on 0.8.2?

Still waiting for my update to see if there have been any noticeable performance updates with the latest patch but prior to 0.8.2. everything on Ultra at 1440p is basically only really possible with decent FPS (75+) on 3080/3090s/AMD equivalents and even then it wouldnt be spectacular performance (120+) - 2080s would have to drop down to Medium/High settings to get the same fps at higher resolutions and be especially careful of known fps hogs like shadows etcā€¦ Stability running at Ultra is also a problem - LE will nail the GPU to max and potentially cause crashes.

This is purely a factor of LE still being basically unoptimised when it comes to performanceā€¦ hence me asking if it was 0.8.2ā€¦ I think its a given that because the game is still in beta and generally unoptimised, pushing for eye-candy should probably wait till closer to launch 1.0

Heya, yes as the picture shows this is on 0.8.2

Haha I think I was expecting more from extremely overclocked 9900K+2080Ti :smiley:

Lolā€¦ sorryā€¦ I didnt look too hard at your picā€¦

Expecting more from your hardwareā€¦ Nahā€¦ its the gameā€¦ I mean it with the utmost affection and respect, but she is a donkey right nowā€¦

1 Like

i had around 100-120 fps before the update and after the update i dipped down to 35fps in act 3, so u are not alone brother :confused:

Edit: what program do you use to show the temps and speeds on your system?

:frowning:

This is the software: https://fpsmon.com/ it can be used for free but it will show a watermark if you record.

Thats not goodā€¦

If its in a specific area, please post a separate thread with your system info & logs etc and a description of where/how to make it happenā€¦ so that the devs can look into itā€¦

i have a quite similar problem i get around 30fps most of the time (sometimes it gets higher for a short time) no matter the settings also on a high spec system:

Cpu: ryzen 1920x
Ram: 32gb 3000mhz
Gpu: Rtx 3080 2000mhz
no core maxed out also the gpu is below 50% utilization

Heyā€¦

Do you get 30fps on that 3080 with all settings on very low or disabled?
If not, what do you get and what resolution are you running atā€¦

While your system likely has a bottleneck between your older CPU and blazingly fast GPU you should be getting much better fps than that at the lowest settingsā€¦even with LE being unoptimisedā€¦

running 1440p same fps on ultra and on low when the 30fps thing happens otherwise (when fps is not this low) it is higher with lower settings
(the cpu is from 2017 so its not that old and still a 12core @4.2ghz)

Okā€¦ can you describe when the spike to 30fps happens - can you make it happen or go to the same place every time to cause the spike?.. There have been specific places / maps and even skills that had FPS problems in the past that LE has corrected so its important to try and figure out anything that will help the devs fix itā€¦

Re bottleneckā€¦ okā€¦ I checkedā€¦ I am wrong ā€¦ it should be perfectly fineā€¦

it just happens so no specific maps or something i can go back when its fine and then its fine there also i wasnt able to spot a cause sadly it also happens in the city so i have just no clue

I know this may be a silly question but is something else running on your system at the same time?

Also can you monitor your CPU & GPU usage and see what happens when you get these fps spikes?

Can you also try on 1080p resolution with everything on very low or disabled settingsā€¦ I just want to see what a baseline fps for you is and if there is some in-game setting combination that is causing the problemā€¦

for example, I get 100fps performance on my i5-7500/1060 on very low settings at 1080pā€¦ Its not stable (gets fps spikes and my GPU usage gets into the 80-90%) at that framerate so I play at 60fps framerate limitedā€¦

nothing capped out just normal usage (quite low gpu but that seems to be normal in LE (was always that way) no cpu core at above 80% no new software and even with a fresh started pc and no other software running its like this

1080p all very low/off about 45fps

(but right now thats the same fps as 1440p@ultra )

Good godā€¦ that is absolute crapā€¦ How can your system be getting less fps than my old donkey on the same config?

That makes absolutely no senseā€¦

Any chance you can post your game logs & dxdiag?

DxDiag.txt (132.7 KB)
(were do i find the gamelog you need)

on windows the files are in

C:\Users[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\

Player-prev.log (565.9 KB)
Player.log (74.7 KB)

Okā€¦ Lets have a look if there is anything here that sparks an idea:

• your graphics card has a driver update - yours is from last yearā€¦ worth updating

• I see you are running two pretty high res monitors, one on displayprt and one on hdmiā€¦ Any chance you can try playing the game on the other monitor to see if that makes any difference (i doubt it will but your problem is so odd that anything is worth trying). Try fullscreen vs windowed options etcā€¦

• Are you running any overlay/capture type applications at the same time? Steam/Nvidia etc I see that NVIDIA Broadcast.exe is crashing in the diagnostic section of the dxdiag (last section in the txt file). Might be worth looking at thatā€¦ Cant hurt to disable anything that could be interfering with the graphics just to test and see if it makes a difference. Obviously your setup should be able to handle it all but for now you may as well see if anything makes a difference.

• There also seems to be something wrong with your Intel Network/Wireless driversā€¦ its unlikely to be related but you might want to fix it.

• There is also a WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 error repeated a few times - this usually refers to some windows updating problemā€¦ Difficult to be sure what the cause is, but I would run system file checker to make sure your windows system files are ok.

• I am not a Unity developer so the player logs are mostly cryptic but they look just like mine and are pretty normal based on the others that have been posted here - most of it is debug information that EHG would understand.