Upcoming bug-fix to Ballista

we were talking about builds affected by bugs

What were you saying?

That all the builds affected by bugs risk to be affected by changes, not only the extreme-op ones.

only about extreme-op builds affected by bugs

no-no-no, we did not, check the bolds =)

i don’t get you sorry

of course you do, but keep try it =)

Ah, I see. Sorry about my confusion.

Well, EHG will decide mildly overperforming bugs on a case by case basis, based on feedback and after having a discussion.

What I usually don’t like is having words like mildly and highly, the meaning is quite fluid.

Don’t worry, but yeah i think the same thing.

So umm. Sorry to interrupt, but is this fix live yet? because I was playing earlier and it didn’t feel too much different.

Not sure but i don’t think so. No release notes in patch notes section.

1 Like

Thanks, was just curious, will still keep that build around to see what it plays like after the patch. I am still pretty new and only have max like 150 corruption built on it.

You guys are all crazy debating any of this. The entire game is one gigantic bug. Every single aspect has bugs in it. They literally at any minute could look left and find a bug and right and find another. The fact that they said they will only change overperforming builds because of a bug means nothing when the entire game is a bug. Including all the gold duping and tons of other **** going on…

LOL ppl defending “oh its a OP build because of a bug”. Everything is a bug.

I enjoy the game and don’t mind the bugs. Let us play.

4 Likes

Ignoring the rest of your comment to focus on this:

Alright, so I think a more direct way to say it is that maybe they meant to say that the increase was affecting the radius when they wanted it to affect the diameter. If so that would’ve doubled its effect compared to what they had intended.

Either that or maybe they’re doing their calculations backwards. Affecting the “area” is kind of misleading since as you mentioned the area is just a calculation based on π r². So if they did mean to do a 150% increase to the area they should’ve calculated what increase to the radius would’ve been required and modified that (and maybe that’s where the error was).

The idea of modifying the area but not the radius or diameter is what’s breaking my brain, because the area ought to be a function of the R or D, not the other way around.

Just be sure to not play the full dps/glass-cannon version of the build and i’m sure that you are going to have a great time even if it’s going to be nerfed.

The increase was affecting the radius instead of area, which was the bug.

Diameter is nothing else than radius times two, which is different from radius squared (except for the special case that radius is 2 :wink:)

Some conversions:
+100% increased are = +41% increased radius, approx.
+200% increased area = +73% increased radius, approximately.
+300% increased area = +100% increased radius.
+700% increased area = +182% increased radius

What about bugs in other strong builds? Are there any? How do I find out? Where is the guarantee that there will be no error in the assembly, which I will spend hundreds of hours on, and it will not be lost in the middle of the league? How can you trust the developers and the game after that if they can’t fix their own mistakes before release, which makes the players extreme? Why haven’t the bugs that prevent everyone from playing been fixed? But is there a bug in the build, which, according to some forum participants, is played by a minority? You have an auction, a lagging piece of shit, with a broken search and the possibility of cheating. Are you sure this is no more important than a nerf build in the middle of the season?

2 Likes

I believe this is more important and fixes way harder than just tweaking a formula for scaling area/whatever.

You cant say for sure that they are not working on fixing other stuff. Something is easier, something is way more complex/harder

I mean, lets be real here, out of 250k ish players or whatever the numbers were on peak, most of them are casuals. That was and that would be always the same. Like most of the players in silver, gold, platinum leagues etc, etc.
And casuals especially in arpgs, where u can even play offline and without trade, dont care much about the meta.

Um, which “bugs” prevent everyone from playing right now?

Well I invested about ~330 hours into this ballista build and had alot of fun with it and I never felt that this build is “highly overperforming due to a bug”. For sure this is a strong build but at high corruption literally everything one-shots you. These axe throwers and icebreath dogs have a fairly high killcount on me^^

If I had known that this node counts as “highly overperforming due to a bug” I would have never voted for nerfing things mid cycle. Maybe next time you explicitly term what counts as a bug before starting such a survey.
If this change goes live I guess I’ll quit LE for this cycle. Buffing other builds instead of nerfing this one would be the better play in my opinion.

whatsoever stay safe and c u guys in PoE

3 Likes

Same here! The node itself is much stronger than intended, but it does not lead to any build being massively overpowered relative to other builds because it does not directly increase damage or defense!

If you can kill things 1-2 screens away… Well it does increase your survivability by a ton :smiley:

I understand that u couldnt expect it, if you are a new player, but things stay the way that in LE pushing 5-6k corruption isnt normal :smiley:
Before 1.0 u should have put lots and lots of effort and time to make it to 1.5-2k.
Yet again, i understand that new players maybe wouldnt know this, maybe they thought its okay, nothing is wrong if only one-two builds could push 5k :smiley:

But ehg always nerfed such builds afaik for 5+ years.