Upcoming bug-fix to Ballista

The game is in my steam library. Draw your own conclusions.

Look at bilibili and you will find out that there are runemasters at higher corruption already.

will wait for you the next cycle once you will play another extremely-bugged-op-build and will whine when it will be fixed mid-cycle =)

Okay, then the only two well-known builds. Doesnt change the fact that 90-95% cant do it/cant do it without much bigger investments

They did say that. Here’s the quote:

we were talking about builds affected by bugs

What were you saying?

That all the builds affected by bugs risk to be affected by changes, not only the extreme-op ones.

only about extreme-op builds affected by bugs

no-no-no, we did not, check the bolds =)

i don’t get you sorry

of course you do, but keep try it =)

Ah, I see. Sorry about my confusion.

Well, EHG will decide mildly overperforming bugs on a case by case basis, based on feedback and after having a discussion.

What I usually don’t like is having words like mildly and highly, the meaning is quite fluid.

Don’t worry, but yeah i think the same thing.

So umm. Sorry to interrupt, but is this fix live yet? because I was playing earlier and it didn’t feel too much different.

Not sure but i don’t think so. No release notes in patch notes section.

1 Like

Thanks, was just curious, will still keep that build around to see what it plays like after the patch. I am still pretty new and only have max like 150 corruption built on it.

You guys are all crazy debating any of this. The entire game is one gigantic bug. Every single aspect has bugs in it. They literally at any minute could look left and find a bug and right and find another. The fact that they said they will only change overperforming builds because of a bug means nothing when the entire game is a bug. Including all the gold duping and tons of other **** going on…

LOL ppl defending “oh its a OP build because of a bug”. Everything is a bug.

I enjoy the game and don’t mind the bugs. Let us play.

4 Likes

Ignoring the rest of your comment to focus on this:

Alright, so I think a more direct way to say it is that maybe they meant to say that the increase was affecting the radius when they wanted it to affect the diameter. If so that would’ve doubled its effect compared to what they had intended.

Either that or maybe they’re doing their calculations backwards. Affecting the “area” is kind of misleading since as you mentioned the area is just a calculation based on π r². So if they did mean to do a 150% increase to the area they should’ve calculated what increase to the radius would’ve been required and modified that (and maybe that’s where the error was).

The idea of modifying the area but not the radius or diameter is what’s breaking my brain, because the area ought to be a function of the R or D, not the other way around.

Just be sure to not play the full dps/glass-cannon version of the build and i’m sure that you are going to have a great time even if it’s going to be nerfed.

The increase was affecting the radius instead of area, which was the bug.

Diameter is nothing else than radius times two, which is different from radius squared (except for the special case that radius is 2 :wink:)

Some conversions:
+100% increased are = +41% increased radius, approx.
+200% increased area = +73% increased radius, approximately.
+300% increased area = +100% increased radius.
+700% increased area = +182% increased radius