[Unofficial] Roadmap to 1.0 and Beyond

Here’s two recently released interviews; one between Rhykker and Judd, and the other between most of the LE Maxroll team and Judd, Mike, and Karv from EHG.

Also, here’s the official Maxroll news article where the video above was originally posted.

3 Likes

I’ve updated the following sections of this thread. I’ve included all the updates in this post so that you don’t have to go hunting around all of the sections to find the new stuff.

This update contains plenty of new details, mostly thanks to McFluffin, LizardIRL, and Terek for asking some great questions which EHG were happy to answer with new information. If you’ve already watched both of the videos posted above then not much else is new here.

Unfortunately I’m running out of space, apparently poor planning on my part :sweat_smile:, so I did have to shift two sections (Dodge-roll Mechanic and Passive Tree Mastery Bonuses) out of Classes, Skills, & Passives and into Miscellaneous. Future updates to this thread will likely be more sparse as I’ll only be including new information rather than almost everything that’s said about a topic. The Roadmap to 1.0 and Beyond section is unaffected by this as it still has plenty of space available.

If I’ve missed anything or you find any errors please let me know. Thank you!

We also got another news article from Gamescom.

Release Date

Cycles

Server Performance/Stability

Character Creation Options

Character Limit

Dungeons

Monolith of Fate

Future Plans

Balance

Boss Mechanics

Zone Save State

Weaver’s Will Uniques

Gear Progression

Class Design

Remaining Masteries

Missing Skills

Skill Updates

Chapters 10-12

Campaign Skip

Marketing

Achievements

Cosmetics

Controller Support

Transmog System

4 Likes

New content with every single cycle. Love the ambition. :star_struck: :honeybee:

YES!!!

Excellent to hear, even though I already suspected this would be the case.

1 Like

That is kinda the point with seasonal content, don’t let D2/3 teach you otherwise.

This is great, thank you.

1 Like

Below are the latest updates for the sections of this thread I’m currently tracking. If you’ve already read my transcription of the September 29, 2023 Dev Stream then you can skip those quotes if you’d like.

Outside of the roadmap section, the majority of this information hasn’t been added to its relevant section of this thread due to limited space. Similarly, this update is spread across two posts as it exceeded 50,000 characters.

Post 1 of 2

Roadmap Discussions

Release Date

Item Factions

Cycles

Ladder

Matchmaking

Arena

Dungeons

Monolith of Fate

Pinnacle Bosses

Future Plans

Minion DPS Tooltips, Stances, and AI

Stun Mechanic

Bug Fixes

Weaver’s Will Uniques

Idols

Gear Progression

1 Like

Post 2 of 2

Remaining Masteries

Missing Skills

Skill Updates

Passives

Chapters 10-12

Campaign Skip

UI Changes/Updates

Stash

Passives Reset Button

Blessings

Player Power

Dodge-roll Mechanic

Marketing

Localizations

Controller Support

UI Scaling

WASD Movement

Player Housing

API

Console Port

7 Likes

Below are the latest updates for the sections of this thread I’m currently tracking, and some that aren’t listed in the ToC. None of these topics have been added to the relevant section of this thread where they reside due to limited space (poor planning on my part).

Runemaster

Cycles

Monolith of Fate

Endgame Activities

Boss Mechanics

Bug Fixes

Set Items

Weaver’s Will Uniques

Missing Skills

Character Sheet

Blessings

Dodge-roll Mechanic

Cosmetics

Offline Mode

Controller Support

WASD Movement

API

Audio Source Selection

3 Likes

This is a big one for me I’d love to see. There were some runes I really wanted to try but found it irritating to try to get it consistently.

Actually, would you prefer people don’t comment on this to keep it clean? Just occurred to me. I’ll move it if you want, no worries at all.

1 Like

Nah, I don’t mind at all. I’m actually surprised no one commented on the previous update, which arguably had a lot more new and interesting information. But yeah, I also found that discussion concerning possible updates to Runic Invocation to be intriguing. The reasoning is certainly sound.

1 Like

What amuses me is that’s what GGG did with PoE. Started with smaller, easier-to-do leagues which became more complicated over time, then once a year they add bigger stuff. Not quite how I’d describe “doing our own thing”…

1 Like

Offhand comparison is pretty huge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great post! So much useful information and i appreciate it very much!

1 Like

just wanna to play with my friends, with less bugs and mp stability, don’t care about new content for now…:slight_smile:

I hope in future EHG will invent something like to skip Campaign / Adventure mode. We don’t wanna another poe style, when you have to do it on every Cycle on every char ;/ My proposition is you still need pass Campaign on every Cycle but just once, on one char enough, it will be fair and good choice. Sry, but besides all bad in D4, Adventure mode is very nice.

You can do mono’s if you like as soon as you get to The End of Time. I agree tho, a separate leveling method would be appreciated.

You can already skip the campaign. Dungeons work as campaign skips. However, they’re still not balanced so you can do them with a very low level character. Also, you won’t get idols slots/passives. But Mike has said that they’re working on dungeon balance and that, in the future, we might get alternative ways to get the idols/passives.

Ye I know you can do that, after one char to move to Mono and drop keys. But the problem is exactly as you saying idols/passives, which are very important. Maybe just do idols/passives per account - ofc separately beetween Standard/Cycle and modes: SC/HC/Solo Found etc. I don’t say is the best idea, go to do this, but for me just that aspect of game can be rejecting for future playing.

1 Like

Personally I like the campaign, even in PoE. I don’t mind doing it multiple times because I enjoy the leveling process. I still play D2 and all it has is the campaign.
I agree with having alternative leveling systems. I think EHG is thinking about them and we might eventually get them, though not for 1.0 and maybe not even for 1.1 or 1.2. We’ll have to wait and see.

Well done!

1 Like