[Unofficial] Roadmap to 1.0 and Beyond

Dude, you’re a legend.

2 Likes

Cheers! :beers:

3 Likes

Great job man. Now someone have to do it in off wiki.

3 Likes

Incredible work !! I can’t imagine the time and effort that got into this. You could have a 2LP Omnis by now. :stuck_out_tongue:

…And now, can you please reorder every entry by pertinence, please ?
(i’m joking, of course)

3 Likes

Phenomenal work Andrew. Thank you so much

2 Likes

Thanks for putting this together. Hope to see official Steam Deck support down the road!

2 Likes

Tbh the steamdeck experience is already quite good. Gotta set it to low or it crashes, but thats all. As the game is now they could probably obtain “playable” by just setting up the graphics automatically locking to low instead of medium for the deck.

First, I’d just like to say thanks to everyone for all of the support. The overall response to this thread has been phenomenal.

We’ll soon be getting new information during Gamescom (August 23-27), but before we do I’ve updated the following sections of this thread. I’ve included all the updates in this post so that you don’t have to go hunting around all of the sections to find the new stuff. Same as before, please let me know if you find any errors.

Cheers, and thanks again!

Roadmap Discussions

Release Date

Theorizing Patch 0.9.2

There’s always new uniques each patch so this isn’t any surprise, but we have been shown a few uniques during the dev streams.

Item Factions

During the August 4, 2023 dev stream Mike shows off concept art of a new NPC. While not explicitly stated, one can assume this new NPC is likely associated with the Item Factions.

Cycles

Server Performance/Stability

Towns

Future Plans

Combat Feel

Minions

Quality of Life

Set Items

Weaver’s Will Uniques

Idols

Remaining Masteries

Skill Updates

Dodge-roll Mechanic

Passive Tree Mastery Bonuses

New Base/Mastery Classes

Cutscenes & Presentation

During the August 11, 2023 dev stream Mike shows off a couple examples of level design/environmental improvements that are coming.

Enemies

UI Changes/Updates

Character Sheet

Quality Control

Masochist Mode

Controller Support

Transmog System

7 Likes

Great googly moogly. 38% movement rate and t6 level STR/DEX/INT?

Thank you so much for this. I haven’t touched this game in a long time now and was wondering when 1.0 was being planned for release. There’s so many good games out there to play this year and I was concerned about which ones to schedule first. 1.0 is very close and if they don’t want to clash with PoE then probably a Jan/Feb release is likely. I’m thinking they will release the game later rather than sooner because they want to polish as much as possible.

2 Likes

1.0 release is confirmed this year.

The devs further confirmed this again at gamescom.

Confirmed is a strong word. Everything I’ve seen EHG say thus far has been either we’re “targeting” or we’re “aiming” for 2023.

1 Like

Yes that is what I thought as well, but it seemed that it got more and more solidified.

While talking to several devs they said that release will be this year and I specifically questioned that if its something like “its planned” or “maybe”, but it really seems to be solidified.

Of course plans always can change and I personally wouldn’t be mad about it.

But release this year seems to be pretty save.

2 Likes

For those that haven’t seen it already, @Averielle shared the entire Runemaster passive tree on the LE Discord a few days back so I’m just passing it along here.

I used the individual screenshots for each passive to form one giant image of the Runemaster tree. Hopefully it’s useful and if not that Discord link has everything there.

Also, @perrythepig has discussed Runemaster skills, passives, and other stuff coming in 0.9.2:

Several news outlets interviewed Judd at Gamescom and here are those articles. If there’s any others I’d be interested to know:

Lastly, here’s some random EHG tweets:

Correction: The tweet stating “9 new languages coming in 0.9.2” is slightly incorrect. There are 8 new languages coming (Simplified Chinese, French, German, Brazil-Portuguese, Spain-Spanish, Polish, Korean, and Russian) in addition to English for a total of 9 languages.

5 Likes

If they are trying to be honest, they can never give more than that. Even if it is planned to release tomorrow, there is still not 100% certainty as there could be a random freak hardware issue that prevents it.

That’s a completely different thing, and really has nothing to do with that he said. When I tell my boss “I’ll have it done tomorrow”, of course that’s barring me getting hit by a bus on the way into the office the next day. Making commitments to project deliverables 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time do not take into account extreme and unusual circumstances.

“Sorry I missed the deadline, I was shot in the chest during a robbery, and was in a coma for 10 days.”
-DAMMIT! You were late, I don’t care about the pathetic excuse you came up with!! YOURE FIRED!

If we could use every unforeseen event as an excuse to not commit to a deadline, then no one would everEVER…commit to anything. Why? Because there’s always a chance the power will go out, or that they could get in a car accident on the way home, or a meteor could crash into the ocean and kill 90% of the population.

4 Likes

Sure, when making a commitment to a boss or something else work related, but that isn’t how it works with an audience. There are going to be a large number of customers that don’t care about the reasoning. They will see it as a promise broken. There are even many that would sue if there were legal ramifications (I doubt there are in the case of a video game release).

All you really have to look at for proof is the kickstarter for LE and the vitriol so many had that some things needed to be changed.

Making commitments is making commitments. The audience is irrelevant. That’s why it’s important to communicate status with the audience. If a delay isn’t communicated until the last minute, and it’s not due to extraneous circumstances, it will almost always be poorly received. Just about everyone understands that, if power at a server host goes out, that will cause an unexpected delay, and something that can’t be communicated until it happens.

There’s also a massive difference between a server crashing, and scope creep, or changing priorities. Those aren’t last minute, unavoidable or unforeseen, circumstances, that can’t be communicated ahead of time. Regardless of whether or not some dissenting voices get upset with changing timeframes, you can still make commitments to deliverables, and adjust based on complexity or a changing of requirements. That’s how progress is measured. Its the communication that’s important.

3 Likes

I’ve updated the following sections of this thread. I’ve included all the updates in this post so that you don’t have to go hunting around all of the sections to find the new stuff.

If I’ve missed anything or you find any errors please let me know.

Release Date

I completely gutted my Theorycrafting Patch 0.9.2 section to only include features that are either confirmed or likely coming in the patch. This section will be removed entirely and the roadmap updated after September 7th. That said, we recently learned that one of my previous predictions for the patch didn’t quite make the cut.

Cycles

Matchmaking

Server Performance/Stability

Monolith of Fate

Balance

Boss Mechanics

Shards

Item Models

Remaining Masteries

Missing Skills

Cutscenes & Presentation

Chapters 10-12

Achievements

Controller Support

Character Customization

Console Port

5 Likes

So next update after 0.9.2 is 1.0. Guess that means they’re still currently trying/on target to nail by end of the year.

2 Likes