TriKster's Bleed Marksman (0.8.2)

Beginner friendly. Great SSF Build. Fast leveling. Easy to gear. No uniques necessary.

• Hybrid Puncture & Hail of Arrows Bleed/DoT Damage

• up to 1k+ Health, 50% Dodge, 75% All Res, 100% Crit Avoidance & 31%+ Glancing Blow

Basically an updated version for my Bleed Puncture Build. Puncture alone was lacking single target and AoE dmg so i added Hail of Arrows. The Build is very Beginner friendly and great for SSF because you don’t need any uniques.

Build Overview

Puncture is a really fast Bow skill with high projectile speed and piercing ability. We get 400% bleed chance alone from that skilltree, 100% Phys Res Shred and Penetration from Idols. This Skill alone can bring you easily through story mode. Hail of Arrows is our big dmg Skill, you cast it once with a long duration and kite around the enemies. With Shift we only focus on boosting our Puncture & HoA dmg, we don’t have any mana issues because of the high attack rate Bow and Sapping Strikes. Decoy is probably the best defensive skill for Rogue to keep distance to enemies and to make it easier for HoA to deal insane amount of dmg. Smoke Bomb is our Puncture dmg boost and allows us to stand still and even facetank certain situations with high dodge chance and Glancing Blow.

Pros&Cons

Pros

• You can stack Bleed ailments really fast

• Really fast story leveling (with Puncture) and good for Monolith (combined with HoA)

• No Mana issues (Puncture fast Mana Regenerator)

• Good Life on Hit/Attack Speed rating

• High movement speed

• Easy to gear, no uniques necessary

Cons

• Ailment build, it still needs some time to get full dmg potential

• Requires some practice to stutter step and aim correctly, otherwise you miss full dmg potential with Shift buffs.

• Not a Meta Build. Crit Multishot & Detonating Arrow still outperforms any Marksman Build

Leveling

Bleed Puncture is one of the strongest early game Marksman skills because you get high bleed chance very early in the tree. You can easily finish the storyline with Puncture alone and once you unlock HoA you will melt Bosses and increased your AoE dmg aswell. Focus on resistances first as your main defensive stat. Your priority should be Resistances>Crit Avoidance>Dodge>Health. You can play this build with rares only, so gearing is really easy. Later on you get additional Glancing Blow chance to make this build relatively tanky for a Marksman Build. Move & Kite all the time!!! This is a DoT based build, so stutter stepping with Puncture and high movement speed should help you to stay alive.

Gameplay Videos

Quick Monolith Showcase
- YouTube

Recommended Uniques

Valdyr’s Chalice

BiS Relic for Pure dmg, some extra Mana for HoA (even though we have no Mana issues since Puncture is a fast Mana regenerator & Life leech with Physical Dmg over time skills (both Puncture & HoA)

Important note: The Builds works completely fine without this unique. Try to focus first on defensive stats and use it once you collected some of the recommended Blessings in Monolith of Fate.

Updates

18.03.21: 0.8.1c version

Check out the LE Build Planner for a quick overview on Skills, Gear and Passive trees. Press S for Skills and P for Passives.

If you are looking for a more detailed overview i have written down all the important details about the build for you.

Skills

Skills

1. Puncture

• Over 400% bleed chance from skilltree

• Frenzy buff always on (makes it easier to stack Bleed and regen Mana for HoA)

• 100% Physical res shred chance combined with high attack speed

• Efficacious Toxin & Timing for more dmg multiplier (HoA)

• We can use Timing for Puncture dmg multiplier. You will not feel the loss of attack speed, attack speed is already really high with this build.

2. Hail of Arrows

• Main dmg source. Nowhere to Hide & Aim for the heart are the BIG dmg numbers. You cast HoA once and the dmg will get stronger with duration. Try to kite around the HoA area so that all the enemies get affected by the DoT dmg.

• The Hunt gives you more duration. Therefore you don’t need to cast HoA all the time and we don’t have any Mana issues.

3. Shift

• Extra Bleed chance + Bleed effect & duration with next Puncture hit (for mapping).

• Velocity & Head Trauma for HoA (Boss dmg).

• Mana, Movement Speed & Invulnerability.

4. Smoke Bomb

• 200% additional bleed chance with Puncture while inside of Smoke Bomb.

• Dusk Shrouds (Really important to get up to 80% Glancing Blow while inside the Smoke combined with 2 passives.

• 100% Blind on Bow hit.

• 5 points into Lingering Fumes for highest duration.

• Silver Shroud for 100% dodge on next hit.

5. Decoy

• Use it to position your enemies around the decoy. Cast HoA over Decoy. Kite around HoA AoE

• Mana efficiency, Frailty stack & 5 second Haste

• 2 charges

• Additional dodge rating

• 5 points into Lasting Presence for high duration.

Passives

Passives

Rogue

• Swift Assassin: High attack speed (for Puncture) & Base Physical damage (for HoA)

• Disembowel: 5 Bleed stacks with every 3rd hit (Puncture)

• Dodge and Parry: Dodge Rating & 15% Glancing Blow Chance

• Agility: 25% Haste chance on hit + Dmg per movement speed (over 50%)

• Evasion: High dodge rating & Reduced Dmg taken while moving

• Sapping Strikes: Health & Mana Regen (Puncture)

• Coated Blades: Huge Dmg multiplier (HoA)

Marksman

• Draining Arrows: High attack speed and Life on hit

• Heightened Senses: 35% Crit Avoidance

• Concentration/Meditation/Reflection: Movement Speed, High Dodge & Dmg buffs

• Arrow Storm/Covering Fire: 1 point each for Silver Shroud stack (100% Dodge chance with next hit)

• Sniper’s Gambit: Huge dmg multiplier (HoA)

• Ethereal Arrows/Master Archer: HoA Buffs (Dmg & AoE) and some additional Mana

• Sharpshooter: 4 points are enough to keep 10 stacks up with Puncture (HoA dmg buff)

Bladedancer

• Cloak of Shadows: Dex & 16% Glancing Blow Chance

Gear

Gear

Bow: Obsidian Bow

• Highest Base attack rate implicit for stacking bleed with Puncture. High Flat dmg implicit for HoA. Up to 100% physical dmg for both Puncture & HoA. Prefixes should be Bow Attack Speed for Puncture & Flat Physical Dmg for HoA. Bleed Chance & Chill Chance on Suffixes.

Quiver: Spidersilk Quiver

• DoT dmg & Slow implicit saves us a suffix slot for additional Resistances. The other slots are similar to the Bow

Helmet: Scalebane Grimace (DoT dmg) or Desert Mask (Dodge)

• +Level to Puncture & Bleed Chance. I prefer to put Crit Avoidance on Helmet if you can get the rest on Marksman passive & Blessing.

Body Armour: Crimson Garb (Physical dmg) or Brigandine Armour (Dodge)

• +Level to HoA & Bleed Chance. Suffixes can give you high dodge rolls.

Gloves: Crusader Gauntlets

• High Void Res implicit. DoT & Dex on Prefix. Frailty and another Resistance on Suffix

Boots: Solarum Greaves

• Fire Res implicit. Movement Speed & Dex. Choose whatever you need for defensive stats. I prefer dodge and hybrid health.

Relic: Valdyr’s Chalice (see recommended uniques) or Ruby Dice

• Only take Valdyr’s Chalice when your defensive stats like Resistances and Dodge are high enough. Ruby Dice is your BiS non unique Relic with high Fire Res and Bleed Chance implicit. Try to get Resistances on Suffix slots.

Amulet: Bone Amulet

• High Phys & Necrotic Res implicit. Phys & DoT dmg as Prefix. We don’t need Physical Penetration, we already have 4 Idols for that. Again Dodge on both Suffixes.

Rings: 2x Silver Rings

• Movement Speed is the best for Marksman imo. Phys dmg & Dex + Resistances & Dodge.

Belt: Bronze Belt

• Dodge on Potion use. Phys dmg. Resistances, Dodge or Hybrid Life

Idols

Idols

New Idol Setup: (0.8.2)

2x Huge Idol (1x4)

• Prefix: (5-12%) Physical Penetration with Puncture
  • Suffix: (33-90%) Increased Physical Damage over Time

2x Large Idol (1x3)

• Increased Health (3-9%) (more Defense) or Increased Duration with Hail of Arrows (7-15%) (more Damage)
  • Physical Dmg over Time (22-60%)

1x Stout Idol (1x2)

• Increased Health (2-5%)

• Added Health or Random Resistance

2x Small Idol (1x1)

• Damage over Time (4-10%)

• Random Resistance (up to 8%)

1x Humble Idol (2x1)

• Chance to Bleed
  • Random Resistance (up to 17%)

I think the 3x1 Grand Idol is not worth it because there is no interesting Prefix for us. If you take one 3x1 Idol instead of 1x Humble Idol and 1x Small Idol, take Poison Res, Shared Phys dmg or Slow Chance as Suffix.

Blessings

Blessings

Choose whatever you need and prefer.

Timeline: The Black Sun

• Grand Shadow of Eclipse (Dodge Chance) (Recommended)

• Grand Echo of Solarum (Void Res)

Timeline: Ending the Storm

• Grand Bastion of Divinity (Lightning Res) (Recommended)

Timeline: Reign of Dragons

• Grand Survival of Might (Crit Avoidance) (Recommended)

• Grand Cruelty of Strength (Physical Damage)

• Grand Dream of Eterra (Necrotic Res)

• Grand Hemmorage of Marrow (Bleed Chance)

• Grand Resolve of Humanity (All Res)

Timeline: The Age of Winter

• Grand Protection of Heorot (Cold Res) (Recommended)

• Grand Resolve of Grael (Physical Res)

Timeline: Spirits of Fire

• Grand Heart of the Caldera (Fire Res) (Recommended)

• Grand Swiftness of Logi (Dodge Rating)

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

6 Likes

Looks Great. THX Dude

1 Like

Have you tried the Penumbral Ambush node that summon 2 mirages that also use puncture next to you?

It was nice for AoE clears, but the mana got annoying. if anything though it looked amazing! :stuck_out_tongue:
Good work nice build!

1 Like

Thx alot @Zerosorc @boardman21 for the kind words and also a big thank you to both of you for your content on yt!
Yes i also tried the mirages but mainly for a Poison Puncture version. Like you said the 15 mana cost is kind of annoying and since the release of rogue i always thought the mana cost is to high for a skill that supports so many ailment aspects. For a skill that focuses around stacking ailments and attacking as much as possible it should be around the cost of Detonating Arrow or Multishot, or even less. Or at least give high mana cost skills a modifier that increases the dmg of ailments like Llama suggested in one of his threads:

I usually prefer QoL over Power in all of my builds and having no mana issues is just one of the best qol aspect to me :slight_smile:
Since you can bring up HoA to a 100Mana cost skill it would be terrible to play Puncture with additional 15 Mana, and HoA is doing basically everything what Puncture is missing. Big dmg & AoE.

1 Like

Can you post screenshots of skill trees and passives please?

He’s posted the build planner link:

1 Like

Playing something a bit similar to this, and testing with the dummy. I find that if i shoot a few puncture shots at the dummy, i can stack bleed up to a few thousand per tick. When I fire hail of arrows the dot dmg seems to drop a lot. I’m wondering if they stack with each other, or if maybe the mix of the two skills potentially hurts overall output. That said I do like HoA for the echoes, as it’s great for clearing out larger packs.

For bosses the goal is to apply Bleed stacks with Puncture first to make HoA’s dmg with ‘‘Aim for the Heart’’ & ‘‘Nowhere to Hide’’ more impactful. HoA should have as much duration as possible to make the dmg output better while attacking with Puncture constantly. Therefore you can apply the crazy amount of DoT dmg with HoA over a long duration that increases with time on a boss while additionaly stacking Bleed dmg with Puncture. The Puncture Bleed dummy dmg was between 35k-50k depending on all the buffs (Smoke Bomb/Arrow Storm/Attack speed in general). HoA is doing the main DoT dmg which you can clearly see on bosses, rather on a dummy because there are so many numbers showing up.
Clearspeed should already be enough with HoA and a high flat dmg Bow+Snipers Gambit. You can kite around monsters to bring them all in a decoy radius. The gameplay showcase i made was just showing some additional Puncture casts, which is not great for clear since there is almost no AoE (only pierce).

2 Likes

Has anything changed for 0.8.2?

Probably not much, unless he was using 4 4x1 or 1x4 idols.

Edit: Which he was, so the idols will have changed.

New Idol Setup:

2x Huge Idol (1x4)

• Prefix: (5-12%) Physical Penetration with Puncture
  • Suffix: (33-90%) Increased Physical Damage over Time

2x Large Idol (1x3)

• Increased Health (3-9%) (more Defense) or Increased Duration with Hail of Arrows (7-15%) (more Damage)
  • Physical Dmg over Time (22-60%)

1x Stout Idol (1x2)

• Increased Health (2-5%)

• Added Health or Random Resistance

2x Small Idol (1x1)

• Damage over Time (4-10%)

• Random Resistance (up to 8%)

1x Humble Idol (2x1)

• Chance to Bleed
  • Random Resistance (up to 17%)

I think the 3x1 Grand Idol is not worth it because there is no interesting Prefix for us. If you take one 3x1 Idol instead of 1x Humble Idol and 1x Small Idol, take Poison Res, Shared Phys dmg or Slow Chance as Suffix.

Rest of the build is the same.

3 Likes

Why do you not take sanguine obession when i guide says poison to bleed conversion?

You probably mean what i wrote at the Build Overview and i changed that because it was related to the Puncture only Bleed version, so thx for the reminder.
With Hail of Arrows i don’t use Poison to Bleed anymore because those are wasted points both in Puncture skill tree and most importantly the passive tree. HoA is the main dmg dealer now with the ‘‘Aim for the Heart’’ node. So basically we need to apply 10 Bleed stacks with Puncture on an enemy to get the full HoA dmg potential out of it.

How come the planner only uses 99 points when 113 are available in total?

To give you some choices to put points after lvl ~85 rather than making you feel as though its “required” to get to 100.

The planner uses 113 points. Idk why rogue is showing only 30 mastery points rather than the actual 44 i put in.

can i ask what loot filter did you used during and after levelling

hi. can you tell me whats lootfilter you use?
i am new on LE
ty

@AcePlays @Noktus I always set up my own lootfilters for each char. They are nothing special. Simple, not too strict and complicated.
I’m also slowly extending my lootfilter and not create the optimal one right from the beginning.
For SSF I usually start with:
Show All Unique/Set/Exalted Items
Hide all Primalist, Mage, Sentinel, Acolyte stuff
Hide all One Handed, Two Handed (except Bow), Catalysts and Shields
Thats how i usually finish the story.

At the end my lootfilter looks something like this:

Show All Unique/Set/Exalted Items
Recolor Rogue specific affixes boosting my main skill or theme of the build (+ skill to HoA, Puncture, Bleed chance, HoA Duration etc.),
Hiding all Normal Items
Hide all MagicRare items with 2 of random affixes i dont need for my build.
Hide all Primalist, Mage, Sentinel, Acolyte stuff
Hide all One Handed, Two Handed (except Bow), Catalysts and Shields
Hide basically all the gear slots and base items/implicits i don’t need for my build.
Show All Magic Items with 2 of random affixes i want.
Hide all Magic Items
Recolor All items with More or Equal 2 of random affixes i want (such as resistances, life, dodge, crit avoidance etc.)

I’m not a fan of sharing my lootfilter. I think LE has one of the best ingame lootfilter options you can get in any game, that is also really easy to understand and customize.
We also have alot of great content creators sharing basic lootfilters and guides to set one up by your own. So i always recommend to try out your own ones because it’s hard to tell what you really need at certain levels.

Does ‘‘Aim for the Heart’’ node increase Hail of Arrows bleed dmg?