TriKster's Bleed Marksman (0.8.2)

Not it doesn’t.

The note clearly states 2 things that make this clear.
I will rewrite the exact wording on thet node and will bold both important things that make clear, that it does not increases it’s bleed damage.

“Hail of Arrows deals more bow damage per stack of bleed on the enemy, up to a maximum. This does not affect ailment damage.

Bleeds are no “bow damage”, and it also explicitly states that it does not affect bleeds.

EDIT: And btw, welcome to the LE Community!

Oh really, i’m blind sorry and thx :slight_smile: . So then i dont understand why is this bleed dot build? if we only use bleed dots to stack flat HoA dps? You said that HoA main dmg dealer here.

I am not familar with this build sorry, but i am sure TriKster will answer it to you.

My guess would be that both bleed and HoA scale with very similar stats, so the base ability itself already is scaled very well.

I mean, we can just stack enough bleed chance to get this 10 stacks to get ‘‘Aim for the Heart’’ running and take flat phys/crit etc to rise HoA flat dmg?

Yup, thx for help anyway

1 Like

Unfortunately as HoA has the DoT tag, any chance to bleed from your gear/passives/etc won’t be applied by HoA, since they are all “bleed on hit” & HoA doesn’t hit (apart from the Skystrike node).

Though if you’re using another bow skill that would be able to apply the bleed stacks for Aim for the Heart.

1 Like

But if HoA have DoT tag, then its flat dmg scales with dmg over time and others?

Since HoA is a bow skill, it uses your flat & % bow damage to calculate it’s damage which is then applied per second to mobs in the AoE.

Yes, it will scale with Damage over Time (apart from the Skystrike node).

Oh got it now thx!

The Sorc’s Disintegrate spell is the same, as it the Acolyte’s Drain Life.

ty 4 the tips for lootfilter

1 Like

Hi Muscat, Llama and Heavy already answered your questions correctly.
Let me explain to you real quick why i came up with this build.
When Rogue came out i tried to play Bleed Puncture only. Puncture lacks aoe and also dmg in endgame, so i tried to figure out how to make the ‘‘Bleed theme’’ better by adding single target dmg and aoe. I saw the ‘‘Aim for the Heart’’ node on HoA and since you can cast HoA once with a very long duration i tried to mix Puncture into the physical/bleed theme. Also the new Unique Valdyr’s Calice made that combo interesting for me.
It’s basically a Hybrid Puncture Bleed/DoT HoA build, but as Heavy mentioned, the bleed dmg for Puncture and Physical base dot dmg from HoA scale both with physical dmg and dot dmg.
You could leave out all the bleed chance from tree and gear and go with affixes like ‘‘increased dmg while wielding a bow’’ to just focus on HoA, since HoA does more dmg at the end. With Puncture alone and its skilltree its already really easy to apply 10 bleed stacks (since this is the maximum dmg bonus for HoA). You could either do a kiting playstyle once you cast HoA or in my case put additional Bleed dmg with Puncture into enemies. This forces you to stand still more often, so decoy becomes a very important skill for Arena or empowered mono.
Up to you how you wanna play it, i just wanted to give some ideas with this build how you can make ‘‘Bleed’’ for marksman interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.