Totem Shaman Build...Now more Shamantastic!

Even still you would not instantly know which damage is doing the damage. The Blizzard is a half component along with the lightning strike (storm) itself.

1 Like

Yes but with dummy testing being possible we can at least approx. tell which setup gives higher dmg numbers

1 Like

So in conclusion I think this is a bug. Yet, its working how it is tagged. What appears to be going on is that the Blizzard is not inheriting the minion tag, thus normal scaling can happen. Since minion damages are NOT working. I just tested an adaptive damage spell helm with no increase. Seem like a trade off bug to me. I find it funny that the lowest mastery gets a hidden nerf/buff interaction and its a bug that will crush it even more. Not like this is a super killer by any means.

After another discord Q/A Mike said all the Blizzard stuff discussed above is not correct. The tool tips are incorrectly increasing damage when it should not.

1 Like

For those who are interested and wondering what the correct answer about Blizzard tags / tooltip DPS is - https://i.imgur.com/6dZKHm8.png

1 Like

Yea, huge disappointment, I apologize on misleading this thread. At least it is a solved mystery.

1 Like

OK! I totally didn’t understand the question on discord but the answer still stands. Abilities that minions use aren’t inherently minion abilities. When an ability tooltip shows up in a minion skill tree, it generates the tooltip as if you were casting the ability. So Blizzard isn’t a minion skill, it’s just a skill that only your minions cast. So, your minion is using its relevant stats to cast. When you summon a minion, it gains spell damage equal to your minion spell damage. Then when it casts Blizzard, it uses its spell damage, which is your minion spell damage.

This is the core of why minion skill tooltip dps is so crazy hard to calculate even remotely usefully.

5 Likes

hi do u have the loot filter?

1 Like

I just basically created my own filter based off of someone else’s filter they were using for another build and modified it.

You are basically looking for gear and idols with:

• attunement

• adaptive spell dmg (that applies to your minions)

• % increased minion damage

• % increased totem damage

Defensive stats are relative to you and your playstyle as some prefer shields and others don’t, so it changes significantly at that point. I choose to go with block chance/effectiveness, healing effectiveness, and HP but you can easily change that to your own needs.

1 Like

appreciate if u could share your loot filter please. I am very weak in this…

1 Like

Sure. It’s very basic just fyi

1 Like

thanks a million! i’ll be leveling now.

1 Like

quick question, how do i not see normal items in your filter?

1 Like

You can add a simple rule to the filter:

• Click Add Rule

• Under the Visibility menu click Hide

• Then click Add Condition and choose Rarity in the dropdown menu

• Check the line that says Normal under the properties menu and then click the Add button

This will hide all normal items.

1 Like

thank you again!

1 Like

I just wanna thank everyone for pitching in and having this great discussion for really a niche spec. I figured it would get buried in obscurity but I’m glad it’s helped people!

1 Like

Is Tempest Strike a crucial piece of the puzzle here?

Or can it be substituted with something else?

I dont liek to go into melee range at all :smiley:

It’s used to drop your thorn totems; however, you can sacrifice some idols and damage and use idols that have the modifier “cast thorn totem on hit”. Tempest strike drops your thorn totems.

Note. You don’t need to hit anything with Tempest to proc the totem drop. If you do, you can get some cold penetration via Tempest’s ability to do so. This will keep you out of melee range if you don’t like getting in that area. You also have the best healing skill in the game scaling with attunement to heal you up immediately. Dropping thorn totems yourself is just not cost effective.

1 Like

Thank you!

I am following your build now, feels so good!

Now need to grab frenzy totem.

Btw, is frenzy totem a must too? or can it be substituted with other skill?

EDIT: I am running crows atm as not enough points for frenzy totem - crows are really good - still, Frenzy Totem would be better?

EDIT: what’s better - 69% totem damage or 117% minion spell damage?

Honestly, just play around with it and see how it feels. Frenzy totem was the best choice for me as it increased my damage significantly and provides haste when dropped. Minions start to fall off later in the game if you are not investing highly into them (health). The other thing is that you only ever can run 2 crows with this build unless you drop something else to get wolves and only use their nodes to grant an additional companion. Not worth the investment imo.

Probably spell damage. That’s flat across the board and is more of it.

1 Like

2 crows is more than enough because they are only for their supportive role as in my build - Shaman, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.3e) - Last Epoch Build Planner the damage buff they give to totems (flat spell damage ) is insane. They can stack up to 30 stacks of Aspect of the Crow. And they also provide shock / armor shred which are the best damage scaling method in late game.

1 Like