Totem Shaman Build...Now more Shamantastic!

You can add a simple rule to the filter:

• Click Add Rule

• Under the Visibility menu click Hide

• Then click Add Condition and choose Rarity in the dropdown menu

• Check the line that says Normal under the properties menu and then click the Add button

This will hide all normal items.

1 Like

thank you again!

1 Like

I just wanna thank everyone for pitching in and having this great discussion for really a niche spec. I figured it would get buried in obscurity but I’m glad it’s helped people!

1 Like

Is Tempest Strike a crucial piece of the puzzle here?

Or can it be substituted with something else?

I dont liek to go into melee range at all :smiley:

It’s used to drop your thorn totems; however, you can sacrifice some idols and damage and use idols that have the modifier “cast thorn totem on hit”. Tempest strike drops your thorn totems.

Note. You don’t need to hit anything with Tempest to proc the totem drop. If you do, you can get some cold penetration via Tempest’s ability to do so. This will keep you out of melee range if you don’t like getting in that area. You also have the best healing skill in the game scaling with attunement to heal you up immediately. Dropping thorn totems yourself is just not cost effective.

1 Like

Thank you!

I am following your build now, feels so good!

Now need to grab frenzy totem.

Btw, is frenzy totem a must too? or can it be substituted with other skill?

EDIT: I am running crows atm as not enough points for frenzy totem - crows are really good - still, Frenzy Totem would be better?

EDIT: what’s better - 69% totem damage or 117% minion spell damage?

Honestly, just play around with it and see how it feels. Frenzy totem was the best choice for me as it increased my damage significantly and provides haste when dropped. Minions start to fall off later in the game if you are not investing highly into them (health). The other thing is that you only ever can run 2 crows with this build unless you drop something else to get wolves and only use their nodes to grant an additional companion. Not worth the investment imo.

Probably spell damage. That’s flat across the board and is more of it.

1 Like

2 crows is more than enough because they are only for their supportive role as in my build - Shaman, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.3e) - Last Epoch Build Planner the damage buff they give to totems (flat spell damage ) is insane. They can stack up to 30 stacks of Aspect of the Crow. And they also provide shock / armor shred which are the best damage scaling method in late game.

1 Like

I’m at the end of the campaign with a totem build, and I’m totally unable to face Majasa. I die when she summons the totems. I’ll try to find better gear because I think it’s the issue.
The campaign has bit a bit difficult, with multiple deaths. The guy is too squishy. Apart from that, the build seems to work fine, but I’m not sure it could go up to empowered timelines.

1 Like

shaman IS squishy. You absolutely need points into Beasmaster / Druid (like in my build above). Also recommend at least 5 points into Silent Protectror (shaman tree). Also don’t invest into attunement . First you need as much %casting speed for totems / minions as possible!

1 Like

Yes, I started that, but I should have done it before boosting the totems

Sure? It gives damage to totem. Not enough?

OK, I’ll respec a bit.

1 Like

Yes but there are much more important nodes on the shaman tree for damage. Adaptive spell damage for minions / totems and %minions / totems casting speed will give more DPS to totems. Besides you usually have enough Attunement from gear. We just don’t have enough passive points for Attunement because we HAVE to invest so heavily in Beastmaser / Druid .

1 Like

Crows also saved my noob ass on many occasions healing me…

I am running crows now as I dont have points to get FT, Im only clvl 67 now.

Crows -only top right hand tree. buffs only. feels good so far. when they fall off, I will run FT - will do that anyway I think for comparison.

Let me say this - Lagon, Argentus, some other early MoF bosses - they have never been so easy and chill to fight!

TY for awesome guide and idea for a build mate!

Interesting setup, very different from mine.

I also run Tempest Mow, but ditched Reach of Grave as I got an axe with 120% minion damage as only affix :smiley: need to craft on in later today.

And I have thes boots that give you Entangling roots and for me its God-sent :smiley:

my Reach of the Grave is just almost perfect with 115% spell minion damage and 11% cast speed. That is imo more valuable than 130% minion damage. Maybe t6+ weapon would be better but I have not found one yet. Besides health leech helps my crows to survive too.

1 Like

hmmm - I will have to see stats on my Reach then.

Let’s see what I can craft on the Axe :wink:

@Gilavar - I’m having fun trying out your build. Thought I would check though, from my
understanding the Aspect of the Crow is giving + 3 Spell Lightning damage only when the Crows are buffing the Storm Totem.

If they fly away to an Eterra’s Blessing Totem, or the Frenzy Totem the Aspect of the Crow is useless on them - is this correct?

it is +3 lightning spell damage per stack and you can easily get 20+ stacks. Also it lasts for 4 seconds and no cooldown for totems. So in practice the storm totem is always buffed.

Thanks for the reply! The storm totem only lasts for 8 seconds, so presuming the Crows stay on the Storm totem for the full 8 seconds that in theory means it only gets around 20 stacks once it expires.

As soon as I use Eterras Blessing to heal myself, the Crows move away from the Storm Totem meaning it is no longer receiving stacks and start buffing the EB totem.
The buffs to the EB totem then apply to my character since it’s a self healing totem and I get the “+3 Spell Lightning Damage” - which I don’t think will benefit me or the totems?