Time Warper - My Unique idea suggestion

I was going to post this in the comments on the Community Designed Unique Event but it got long really quickly.

A little late but here is my pitch for a unique.

These are the core aspects of the item :

• Recently now means ( 3.0 - 6.0 ) seconds
  • Buffs that apply every 3 seconds now recover ( -40 to 40 )% faster*

*100% faster would be 1.5 second cooldown

Potential Flavor Text

The Fourth Shard of the Epoch has found it’s newest and oldest owner

I really like how different build could potentially want different extremes. IE a build where you really want your cooldowns to comeback quickly would want different rolls than a build where you want high uptime on certain kinds of buffs. I also love how simple the line of text is but also how far reaching its potential uses make you think.

It can promote slower playstyles but leveraging what is already there in FG, Shaman and Mage trees. The cooldowns on passives are there for 3 out of the 5 existing classes (most available in the lower part of the tree).

I see the theme of the unique as an extension of our ability as travelers to warp time to our will. As such would place no class restriction on it and mostly be it reminds of Timeclasp from PoE I would suggest it show up as a ring or relic. Ring might be hard bc what happen when you use 2.

I also had a follow up idea of making this a 2 piece set where the second piece redefines nearby and the set bonus could be the 2 items are 25% more from default. IE you have 3.0s recently (from 4 ) and 20% larger nearby radius. Then it turns that into 2.75s and 25% larger nearby. Also instead of being sets they could be uniques that roll each others effectiveness. They would be the twins: Time and Space and each one affects the other.

Let me know what you like/dislike about it and help me flesh out the Lore, stats and base.

3 Likes

Awesome idea! Messing with definition of “recently” sounds great :heart_eyes:

I realllly love wibbly wobbly timey wimey concepts.

1 Like

You cant have enough wibbly wobbly timey wimey, even though most if the forum/devs won’t understand. sad

1 Like

Considering the underlying theme of the game - Time Eras & travel between them - there should be MUCH more of this kind of thing in game… Its one of the first things that interested me when i started playing Last Epoch… the opportunities for using Time based mechanics to differentiate LE from all the other games out there is immense… and, unfortunately imho, not yet really capitalised on beyond the odd skill, campaign story and making legendaries. (might have to start a separate thread highlighting/discussing this)…

2 Likes

Almost as sad as us never again going to be seeing a Dalek serve Winston Churchill tea…

1 Like

1 Like

And so, as a unique necklace, we need a bow tie. Because bow ties are cool.

2 Likes

And a Fez.

2 Likes

With a kind of a spanish mop as a two-hander?

what in game culture would that be from?

I don’t get that line… like what buffs?
Aspect of the XYZ?
Anomaly?
Like I just don’t understand what that line is supposed to do lol :thinking:
Is it to stack/extend buffs from passives?

Completely agree with that!
It baffles me how nobody really thought of using the theme of the game for uniques/set items.

Like the Invoker’s Set.
I get the the “original owner” of the set is supposed to have mastered all 3 elements, but still there could be 3 variations of such a Mage set, maybe even more.
Fire, Lightning, Cold, (Void, Necrotic).
In one timeline the “original owner” of the set mastered fire magic, in one timeline cold magic, etc. you get the basic idea.

Or give us an endgame content where the reward is to “change” set items into timeline specific set items (maybe even pair that with a boost for set items).
For example after beating the boss you can change the Blade of the Forgotten Knight to another version which turns it into “Blade of the Infernal Knight” or something like that.
The “lore” would be that in this timeline the “Forgotten Knight” was not corrupted/influnced by the void but by Fire (like the 3 dudes in the Spirits of Fire timeline or the Soul Bastion boss).
The basic Idea of the item would stay pretty much the same but instead of giving Void damage and applying Void themed ailments it would change to Fire.
Maybe even boost the item so you could also “influence” the Blade of the Forgotten Knight with Void to keep the Void theme of the item but make it even stronger or add more affixes or something like that.

But this probably won’t happen as it would be a lot of work to balance and implement all those different variants and the 2D/3D art which means less possibilities for MTX. :wink:

Anyway I feel like the whole timelines/epoch theme is kind of underrepresented in certain aspects of the game but changing this could mean drastic changes to the current state of the (end)game so I can understand their decisions.

1 Like

My assumption is that it refers to things like the primalist mods/talents that have a CD of 3 seconds but and are worded like “every 3 seconds your next X does Y”
like this one

Rhythm of Thunder
Every 3 seconds, your next melee attack deals additional lightning damage.

That being said, I am not fully clear on why these things should not be affected by CDR and instead would need a separate mechanic.

1 Like

I agree with your sentiment here - especially as most of these effects are rather weak due to their long cooldowns. This item, if it rolled well may actually make those things semi-viable.

I think it would be better for the “Buffs that apply every 3 seconds” to be reworded to be somehow based on cooldown efficiency, since currently it’s quite a clumsy wording that doesn’t really mean anything without a lot of game-specific knowledge. It also seems likely that the targeted passives aren’t explicitly associated to a particular class under the hood, so technical implementation would be a pain.

To support this passives with intervals could be reworked to function around cooldowns. I think this is good anyway, since these passives would be a little more interesting if they had a way to scale with items + could generally use the buff anyway. Afaik generic Cooldown Efficiency isn’t a super great affix on most classes either.

Then for the unique itself you could give it either “-40 - +40% cooldown efficiency for passive abilities” or maybe -30 to +30% or so generic Cooldown Efficiency. I’m raising the possibility of generic C.E. because currently it’s not possible to attain levels of C.E. that really change the feel of a build. So it would be nice to squeeze that into a unique somewhere, and the reduction in Recently duration is a rlly interesting downside that could justify making large amounts of this stat available. However scaling passives specifically is also a fun concept, so I’m not strongly committed here.

Full support for manipulating the target of “Recently” as a Unique, it’s a really interesting gimmick to theorycraft around & it would actually affect the feel of a build in a significant way outside of raw stats, which is something I miss on a lot of the existing uniques.

As for base I vote Amulet. Since many of the non-jewellery slots already have got a few “transformational” items that rlly change the way you think about your build and stats. Although Ring would be quite interesting if the affix could be reworded in a way that made it stack is a sensible way. However that might just be too much of a can of worms.

I suspect EHG is hesitant on CD efficiency bc how it can change movement skills for MP so maybe let those passive scale with CDE and the item could have -30% to +30% non-movement skill CDE.

Amulet is (imo) the one of the no go zones because I intended to use it with gambler’s fallacy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.