Theorizing Patch 0.8.2 & Beyond

Ah it does say companion which is a primalist skill indeed. My bad

I hope storm crow will be able to do this like the good old days of crows :smiley:

1 Like

I knew you would be excited about this skill. Since EHG killed your crow build that could make your PC go negative FPS… :rofl:

2 Likes

From the most recent dev stream on April 16th, we got to see the Volatile Zombie in action. Mike also describes some new controller improvements coming in the first clip:

2 Likes

I’m just kinda hoping for a fix for volatile reversal or at least a reasonable way to remove the health/mana suicide chance without taking huge amounts of negative modifiers x.x

@AndrewTilley Was the Tranformation overhaul in your summary? They teased the new models.

Edit: Found it in your OP… nevermind!!

But this is what I am just excited for. I really like the transform stuff but the current models and animation kill it for me. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Not sure if you watched the latest dev stream (April 21st) with Mike and Pat (aka Nifty), but Mike basically confirmed that those Druid class transformation skills updates are coming in the patch after 0.8.2 (or at least that’s the goal) – which actually makes a lot of sense to me.

I’ve always found it odd that there were all these other Primalist updates teased for the patch after 0.8.2, but that 0.8.2 would include the transformations updates. It seemed a bit disjointed, but clearly it’s not.

So yeah, we know there’s some substantial Primalist updates coming in the patch after 0.8.2 (which I assume is 0.8.3). We’ll all just have to contain our excitement for the new transformations a little bit longer. :grin:

We also got another teaser of the new map from Judd. This is the Temple of Eterra, in the Ancient era…long before it comes crashing down:

https://imgur.com/Hl7QlfQ

3 Likes

Ah… thx for the info. Did not watch the stream.

Awesome Artwork.

1 Like

We got a little teaser of new Flame Spire in action during the April 23rd dev stream:

We were also shown concept art of the upcoming Forge window that will likely make it’s way into patch 0.8.2 (which I’ve added to the OP).

I understood from this stream that it was not guaranteed for 0.8.2 and could be in 0.8.3 but English is not my primary language so I may be wrong.

All depends how well this week goes. I’m starting on it on Monday.

5 Likes

Unfortunately I was so dam tired that I fell asleep during the stream (nothing to do with your entertainment skills @EHG_Mike :laughing:)

So I missed that crafting window teaser. Just a short question:

Why the hell is there a box saying “Destructive Fracture”?

Are you going to bring it back???

Destructive fractures currently still exist in the game. If you check the in-game guide it’ll read:

Destructive Fracture: Reduces 2 or more random affixes by 1-2 tiers, and the item is locked. This can’t reduce the tier of an affix below 1.

Yeah, that’s basically why I start the post with this:

Outside of the confirmed inclusions, everything else should be taken as pure speculation.

Anything that doesn’t have an official communication from the dev’s stating its inclusion in 0.8.2 I treat as speculation – even if several of those items in the “likely inclusions” section seem fairly certain at this point. But yes, there’s always potential for some or all of the items outside of the “confirmed inclusions” to be pushed back to the next patch.

Oh really. So I must have confused things somehow. There was a change with the crafting a while ago. And since than I never had a destructive fracture (must be months).

Brings me to the question:

Why still destructive fractures? Patch them out plssss!

:grin:

But if they patch them out, then how you obtain a certain item will have to be altered. :grin:

1 Like

We are working on crafting changes that we aren’t quite ready to share fully yet. We are experimenting with them and aren’t completely sold on it yet. It’s something that we had hoped to bring to 0.8.2 (and might still). Until then, destructive fractures are still a thing.

4 Likes

It’s the Fractured Crown - not the Damaged Crown

You have a point here because it wouldn’t be obtainable the same way…

And you get it from Destructive Fractures.

1 Like

It’s probably because you use glyph of the guardian when you craft, which reduce the level of a fracture. Meaning you can’t get a destructive fracture.

4 Likes