Theorizing Patch 0.8.2 & Beyond

All depends how well this week goes. I’m starting on it on Monday.

5 Likes

Unfortunately I was so dam tired that I fell asleep during the stream (nothing to do with your entertainment skills @EHG_Mike :laughing:)

So I missed that crafting window teaser. Just a short question:

Why the hell is there a box saying “Destructive Fracture”?

Are you going to bring it back???

Destructive fractures currently still exist in the game. If you check the in-game guide it’ll read:

Destructive Fracture: Reduces 2 or more random affixes by 1-2 tiers, and the item is locked. This can’t reduce the tier of an affix below 1.

Yeah, that’s basically why I start the post with this:

Outside of the confirmed inclusions, everything else should be taken as pure speculation.

Anything that doesn’t have an official communication from the dev’s stating its inclusion in 0.8.2 I treat as speculation – even if several of those items in the “likely inclusions” section seem fairly certain at this point. But yes, there’s always potential for some or all of the items outside of the “confirmed inclusions” to be pushed back to the next patch.

Oh really. So I must have confused things somehow. There was a change with the crafting a while ago. And since than I never had a destructive fracture (must be months).

Brings me to the question:

Why still destructive fractures? Patch them out plssss!

:grin:

But if they patch them out, then how you obtain a certain item will have to be altered. :grin:

1 Like

We are working on crafting changes that we aren’t quite ready to share fully yet. We are experimenting with them and aren’t completely sold on it yet. It’s something that we had hoped to bring to 0.8.2 (and might still). Until then, destructive fractures are still a thing.

4 Likes

It’s the Fractured Crown - not the Damaged Crown

You have a point here because it wouldn’t be obtainable the same way…

And you get it from Destructive Fractures.

1 Like

It’s probably because you use glyph of the guardian when you craft, which reduce the level of a fracture. Meaning you can’t get a destructive fracture.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the case. Thanks for that hint. :+1:

A new 2-piece Set, Sinathia’s, was shown off in the latest dev stream (April 30th).

https://imgur.com/Dho19jy

Mike also showed off 3D art for the Set:

https://imgur.com/ri5WJvm

Towards the end of the stream, we were shown this render for a new enemy coming (though, no specific timeframe was given):

https://imgur.com/yPh5eWz

Mike only had this to say about it:

Yeah, so this is a render of a new “something” that you’ll be able to fight somewhere, at some point, and somehow. There’s not a lot of info we’re going to give you on exactly what it is or where it’s going to be, but I can say that this is – it’s got some cool stuff and it’s going to be a much needed change.

4 Likes

Maybe a replacement boss fight of Omen Of Silence?

Since that boss fight doesn’t fight into the story anymore.

While this would be great of cause i would also like to have some more endgame related random encounters.
This incorperate skeletons and void, which on second thought might not be something that early in the story,… so maybe it’s some endgame related thing.

That could be the Immortal Emperor just after releasing/creating the Void and being devoured by it.

1 Like

Seems unlikely considering the way Mike describes it, but we do know the Omen of Silence rework is finished and is something we’ll likely see in the upcoming patch so that’s exciting.

Yeah, it sounds like it’ll be a secret boss we’ll have to discover so I also assume it’ll be more geared towards endgame.

This sounds very plausible. That armour set looks incredibly similar, if not identical, to that of the Immortal Emperor’s. Now we’ll just have to figure out how we encounter this enemy when it gets added to the game…whenever that is.

But this is not corresponding to the “much needed change”. This sounds more like it’s replacing something already in.

Maybe this is Zerrick. His current wormlike form doesn’t really fit the theme. This does :grin:

Well, the entire armour set does look to be the Immortal Emperor’s so maybe it’s either a void version of the Immortal Emperor or perhaps some new void creature that has taken his armour set. So I suppose it could be a void version of Zerrick that has stolen the Immortal Emperor’s armour upon his eventual demise (or something similar). Or perhaps it’s Zerrick that conducts an experiment on the Immortal Emperor’s defeated corpse (possibly with the shard of the Void) that creates this creature. There’s certainly a number of possibilities where this creature could originate from.

The “much needed change”, for me, just corresponds to the need for some kind of secret boss encounter in the game. Personally, I don’t see this as “replacing something that is already in” the game at all.

@XLVI_carpo @AndrewTilley There is still something unclear. Will we have to really fight the Emperor? Or will we have to prevent him from becoming the Emperor?
A while ago I posted here an analysis of the story with several questions, and this one remains. It will be good to prevent him from creating the Void, but it would feel even better to prevent the undead rise. And this will determine if we are to meet him again or not.

If I’m just going by the wiki, the void is something that already existed:

Before creation
Before there were worlds there was void. An endless abyss of impenetrable darkness, inky and swirling with chaos. From that chaos faint glimmers of light found each other, the power of creation shielding itself from the void, becoming worlds. The light and life inside these worlds angered the void, the order and harmony filling it with jealousy and hunger, but no matter how much it raged they remained protected, only yielding once they had met their natural end. One world formed with an imperfection however, a fragment of void hidden amongst the light. This fragment of void would eventually lead to that world’s untimely fall, and worse give the void a power that may threaten creation itself. That world is Eterra.

In the Void Origins section it states this:

It is said that when Eterra formed the world out of nothingness a shard of The Void remained, which she kept hidden in the Temple of Eterra.

Though, I’m not sure how accurate this information is. I imagine there’s plenty of lore that I’ve glossed over in-game. :sweat_smile:

That’s interesting.
During the campaign, Elder Gaspar tells us about the Void taking over the world and sends us back around that moment. So that would mean the Void already existed, and the Emperor did something that made the Void rampant (unsure it’s the right term, English is not my language) or more active.