The REGIFTER Paladin 390+ Echo Streak Capable 0.8d

Nope, working as intended. If you’re at full health you can’t be healed so you don’t get the health regen bonus.

so it does work though if your not at full health?

This is something I noticed, too, recently. I’d expect to have heals working even if your on full health. There’s that pala buff in the passive tree that triggers on self heal (can’t remember the name… on the top right side, can stack and even save your life in lethal hit). Would be cool to have these things work with self heal even if at full hp.

@XLVI_carpo Prayer & no, it doesn’t work if you’re at full health because you don’t get any healing. There was a bug where if the heal would have “over-healed” (ie, you’re missing 100 hp but get healed for 200) then Prayer wouldn’t proc but that was fixed in 0.7.10:

It does not work . I tested it, and you can all test it. Let yourself be attacked by monsters, then smite yourself to heal you, and you don’t have more regen hp by the node Soothing Balm. Maybe it’s due to the teleport node of smite I don’t know.

Since the wording says “your allies…”, it’s entirely possible that it only affects minions (“allies” sometimes means the player & allies and sometimes means just allies) which is difficult to tell since I’m not sure what the base regen for the Sentinel’s minions is.

From my own testing, I am pretty sure @Intense is correct on the Soothing Balm not doing anything for health regen… But then again, I am in @Llama8 boat regarding the “allies” comment… I dont think it IS actually meant to boost regen for you specifically… No idea how to test it with Sentinel Minions.

Could be wrong but I have respeced the 5 points elsewhere and have not noticed any difference in the tankiness of the build.

I tested it and “increased minion health regen” in the minion stats doesn’t show any increases. That leads me to believe the node is bugged.

Thanks for this. Just taken it to Monolith.

A couple of questions. Is fire a subtheme, or is Rayyeh’s Strength just for the strength boost.

Would the unique armor Exsanguinous be useful? I just had one drop.

Exsanguinous would be pretty bad for a build with lots of health regen, since the ward gen you get from the chest is based on your missing hp so health regen works against the ward gen.

Rahyeh’s Strength is likely for the Str, since the main damage will be phys/cold, but the set gives you % increased hp regen per point of strength.

Yip… Tested the chest & boots… you regen so fast that there is no “missing health” to convert to ward so you get nothing…

I’ll probably try something similar with a 2h sword because i don’t expect to find 2 of those swords in SSF anytime soon.

Thanks to you both for verifying Exsanguinous.

As to the fire question, I was wondering why there were 5 points in Righteous Fury in Smite.
Only 3 is needed to unlock Righteous Flurry.

Problem is that you need the “Added Health Regen” that is on those swords - and obviously you need the Str/regen set bonus… You would have to stack Health Regen Per Second affixes on your Helm & Armour & gloves - which obviously would be great in addition to the swords but it may not be enough without the weapons.

IMHO… I would not try this unless you had at least the set bonus (i.e. sword/relic)…

I am currently playing this build. I am level 73. This my first real build that I have tried. Its working pretty well. lol, except when it doesn’t, but I suspect that is more from me than from the build. My resistances are pretty low. With that said does anyone have a loot filter they are willing to share?

Thanks in advance!

Well the thing is i’m not really trying to push my builds as far as i can so i’m sure i’ll be fine and who knows maybe i’ll just find those eventually.

Righteous Fury adds melee damage. Pretty useful for a melee build.

I see. I read that as a plus fire damage percent modifier instead of just flat fire damage.

Lvl 63 with this build at the moment, it is a tank. Cruising to 150+ arena waves in leveling gear.

I just wish it had a bit better AoE capabilities…monoliths can be a slow grind.

Well it’s going pretty well, finished monolith lvl 100 area with my 2hander version without a single death, at level 77. Obviously i’m not stacking hp regen, i instead took the leech nodes from VK tree and i’m now getting some damage nodes from FG.

1 Like