The Decimator Paladin with 20,000%+ Physical Damage 0.8.1c

Cool. I don’t have any toons over 86 yet. Any advice for better leveling gains? I know arena is better for xp, so just grind it out for a few hours from 1-80? Thanks again for a sweet build, formussos went down in seconds even though I had to still avoid him for now. And monos just melt, pun intended!

Arena pushes 1-80 to farm up some keys will be faster levelign than monos yes. running 80-120 over and oever agin would be even faster still :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you can, could you check my progress? At 79 I am getting toasted by some burst dmg, and I have pretty good mitigation, almost all capped res, and 109% crit avoidance, so I am pretty sure I did something wrong. In mono’s I crush, but I get nuked at wave 79 in arena. Ty!

OOPS, wrong link - Paladin, Level 79 (LE Beta 0.8.1b) - Last Epoch Build Planner

well your relic slot is empty, i would put something in that slot :stuck_out_tongue: but your defense look fine, to make wave 100+ i would say try to play it more as a kite build, run away and use obstacles for the ranged enemies.

You are missing the absolute core item that makes the whole build concept shine.
Dont worry for arena farm the mono for the scepter :wink:

This or Void Knight Decimator?

Void Knight, natch! Who doesn’t like freaky black echos repeating your attacks 40% of the time?

This looks amazing!

Sadly I dont have a Paladin, just a Void-Knight…how would you specc for this as a VK with Anomaly instead of Holy Aura?

Thanks a lot for the exellent guides!

At a guess I’d go with something like this:

I played both types (very many parts of gear are the same)

The VK has TONS more damage and leech - but it is harder to gear cause pala gets so much free res and CA. But if you have the gear 100% go VK.

(the first build i use legacy items on because it so hungry for gear - i feel dirty i opend the forbiden stash tab - but its so much fun.

1 Like

So what if I want to kill more than 1/10th of my enemies?

So weird, I have soulfire equipped and it didn’t show up!

You also need the scepter. You currently have undisputed on and its the sceptre that gives the 200% ignite on all those juicy void hits allowing for the rive to stack 1000’s% of physical damage. Its the main thing for the build to work as shown.

Just finished off Lagon, onto dragons, then Gaspar right? He is lvl 90 timeline? I am looking forward to that scepter trust me! Should I swap undisputed for something else that will help me push damage a bit more? The more I play this, the more it is my favorite of all 10 character builds I have going and I really love my spriggan, but the speed on this and just setting everything on fire with blaze idols is priceless!

I would recommend switched to anything with at least some IGnite chance on hit, But if your not struggling at all, undisputed will do ya just fine till you find the scepter.

I just started LE two days ago (from PoE) - loving the guide.

Have some noob questions -
Which stats to ideally look for?
Does everything scale off of fire damage? Looks like the gear you have is all about +melee damage with sword, and ignite chance?

Also do you recommend any loot filters?
I was looking at creating one for this with the specific item bases and stats highlighted but I don’t know which stats to escalate?

Also - what to use if I have ZERO uniques while I level a character?

Very impressed with your build guides.
Thanks very much!

Cap resists, get as much life as possible and then add strength or physical damage modifiers. You could also go for +ignite chance for items where it is available (such as the belt or helm).

No, it scales off physical damage. Devouring Orbs and Abyssal Echoes are there to proc ignite effects, but Rive consuming ignites stacks your physical damage to absurd levels. So, while you will be doing Void and Fire damage at times, this build is still carried by its Physical damage. Because the Physical damage % scales into the thousands, adding base damage, rather than percentage damage can be helpful as well. Of course, once you acquire the set items, the only way to do this is through passive nodes in the Sentinel/Void Knight trees.

Use an Axe main hand and Sword off hand so you take advantage of the full 60% attack speed from the Sentinel talent. Then, just follow the same guide to gearing. You won’t have Gaspar’s insane number of ignite procs from void damage, but you can still play the build the same way. Rive will still be extremely strong, even if you’re only consuming a modest amount of ignites. Soulfire (Relic) can drop during the campaign and you can craft weapons with ignite chance if you want to up the number of stacks your Rive is consuming (though base damage may be better).

2 Likes

finally got the blade of the forgotten knight from gambling. And its even a good roll. Can’t believe i got that lucky

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the guidance! Very Helpful!