The AFK timer is currently too strict

A 10 minute AFK timer is not enough. If you’re in the middle of a dungeon run and have to run afk for whatever reason, you risk losing your run. This morning I had to use the bathroom rather urgently, but I was in the middle of looting the chests in the vault of Lightless Arbor. So I had to just click the last two chests and skim them real quick before leaving. It’s incredibly stress inducing and just downright annoying.

Someone else in the Patch Note thread also mentioned people doing ladder pushes for endless arena. They have to take breaks once in a while for food/drink or other bodily functions. It’s just annoying and unnecessary to rush people like that.

I¨m in agreement that an automatic kicking after a stipulated time is good for the server. But the timer needs to be more lenient than it currently is.

19 Likes

Yeah we need at least 30 minutes to take a dump ^^.

I don’t play online, but I would recommend the following fix:

• If you are solo (not grouped): 30 minute AFK timer
  • If you are grouped: 10 minute as currently set

it is not only the matter of pure time afk but also that the game doesn’t understand my activity . For example if i just write in chat and talk with my friends LE thinks I’m afk. So typing in chat is not an activity??

2 Likes

Another good example is when I’m working on my build the AFK Timer will still be going even while I am evaluating skill or passive nodes and am in-game but my character isn’t moving – I have been booted twice while actively working on things. =[

3 Likes

The timer should be extended and possibly play a sound when “x” amount of time is left before disconnecting the player.

In a mono, find a bug, take action to report it, timeout. :frowning:

Starting to think this timer is a band-aid for a far more serious server problem they are not admitting (like not enough server power)? I say this because the servers have just gone crazy again 10 mins ago (no one can enter any map and chat is down). This is ALL servers cacked, btw, people were posting from AUS and US and EU (before chat went down) all reporting the same (error 51)

1 Like

Petition for 1hr AFK timer!!

2 Likes

Yes… if I walk away to tinkle, I will inevitably have to answer a question from my Wife or Kids, and by the time I returned, I was booted. I was just me playing solo online. I understand the desire to keep us from staying logged in for hours on end, or prevent people in public games from clogging up spots etc, but 5m?

I believe any mouse movement, or keystroke ought to prevent AFK timer… Any in-game activity should prevent AFK trigger. I would like to see a minimum of 15min AFK timer, but closer to 20-30mins would be much better. I recently got kicked for using the bathroom as well…

4 Likes

I agree except for the mouse movement part. If I take any action at all in game it should keep the timer at bay, but just moving the mouse isn’t necessarily the same thing. I could be moving the mouse on my other monitor, so there would have to be a sensor to know if my mouse movement was associated with the game rather than just the system.

The timer definitely needs to be a little longer though.

for me might be a deal breaker. No other game in genre has this, this is completely game breaking for me personally. If this was attached to initial purchase game description - many people would think twice. Outrageous change! probably i’l get kick of map again while typing thing. On a market that saturated, move like this. Makes me want to put mine gaming time in completing challenges in several other argps who do no kick me of game. ever.

1 Like

They used to though.

No kidding, but the afk logout made me stop playing for now. After running an echo i often have to go afk for a little, sometimes even during dungeons and stuff. Constantly getting kicked out got so annoying that i had to stop playing.

Even seeing the server starting a countdown in chat when i sort my stash is such a pain in the a** that i rather logout on my own. Please change this quickly.

1 Like

Diablo 3 got this. But it writes no messages just kicks you into the lobby and after ~30 min in the lobby afk kicks you into the login menu

2 Likes

it should register your mouse / keyboard clicks as ‘activity’ and refresh the timer. Which it doesn’t atm. Maybe a bug

1 Like

This timer is extremely annoying. Should be closer to 30m or an hour, not 10 minutes. The fact that it can trigger while I’m working on my skills just because my character isn’t moving is especially infuriating.

1 Like

It could definitely use some “fine-tuning” and the devs already stated that input/chat activity detection is actively being worked on, so expect to see that with or before the 1.0 release.

I often run a mono, step away for 15 to 20 minutes, come back and run 4 or 5 monos, then step away for maybe half an hour. I’m a single dad and often in the middle of a mono or dungeon run I’ll need to stop and take care of something.

This makes me less likely to play, unfortunately. I do have thousands of hours logged.

2 Likes