Kicked for inactivity while trying on new equipment from stash

I understand getting kicked just standing around, but do you know how long it takes to go through 25 pages of phat lewt?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I deal with this stupidness a few times per day. Usually cleaning up inventory or crafting. Sometimes when reviewing skills etc. It’s rediculous.

It may be a stupid suggestion but I have gotten around the AFK boot by numlock casting a skill - just put any skill (even one you dont use) that has a decent cooldown on the toolbar and numlock it to recast and then go about your housekeeping and change it back when you are done.

Most definitely doesnt address the root cause and isnt perfect, but it seems to work for me.

Does it work when you’re in town, seeing as you can’t use skills in town? I’m curious if it still works seeing as it’s registering as you’re pressing a “button” virtually.

I have heard of this num lock stuff since way back in Diablo 3, but never really asked or searched how to actually do it.

Anybody for an idiots guide to num lock?

Go into Options and rebind your key to one of the numpad numbers; Ensure numlock is on; press and hold the number you just bound for the skill; press numlock and release. Your skill is now auto-cast.

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you. I assume this is totally ok to do since we aren’t using a ahk script? Hell, I dont even know EHG’s stance on basic scripting such as logout at all.

Up till now they were (supposedly) ok with it. I have never seen anything “official” but that was my understanding.

1 Like

Got it, currently doing a mage build that isnt reliant on recurring buffs so no need, but I will for sure remember that going forward.

I havent seen any posts from someone kicked//banned in game for anything like this, so I assume its cool. I wish arp devs were clear from the get go what was allowed in this respect.

They have said in the past, they see that as a failure from their side. If you feel like a skill is better in autocast/numlock they consider it a design “failure”. But they are okay with you numlocking

2 Likes

I appreciate the info, thank you.

edit

I forgot to ask WHY this actually works? What is going on with this combination of buttons to make autocast?

Its something within windows OS. I remember vaguely reading something about it

It’s basic windows functionality, not something EHG can change. It works because the key number pad keys are “different” (as far as windows is concerned) depending on whether the num lock key is pressed (they are functionally the same as the number keys) or not (the 2, 4, 6 & 8 keys function as the arrow keys, can’t remember what the other ones do). So if you press a numpad key that’s bound to a skill then press the numlock button, windows “sees” a different key being un-pressed and assumes that the original key is still pressed. Hence it keeps on casting the skill bound to that button (until LE loses focus for some reason).

It should. My spell blade has Enchant Weapon node for auto recast and I noticed yesterday that it registers the cast on the tool bar. There’s no spell that actually occurs but the tool bar casts and goes into cooldown.

1 Like

Never specifically tested it in town, but I think it works there too. At least I dont recall being booted with it active. Havent been online since this post to test but it should be easy to verify.

1 Like

Yep. the timer is completely broken. It only seems to reset when the character moves on the map… which is… wrong, to say the least.

Examples like this show you that the devs absolutely do not play their own game. Even one dev spending some of his free time grinding would result in getting booted from the server a few times.

I’m actually a bit shocked they introduced this. I paid $35 for a game that boots me off if I go brew some coffee? This screams "we cut corners on server costs to make more money, here’s some cheap coding to make sure you don’t cost us more money’

1 Like

Nearly every online ARPG or MMO has an afk timer.

Do I think the afk timer is too short? Yes. Do I think the afk timer should kick you off when you’re in your own monolith waiting room? No, I think it should allow the client to take over a bit instead. Do I think it should be fixed so it accounts for you messing around in menus? Also yes.

It’s not a perfect system, but it does help clear up old servers / regions that are only wasting server resources. If you have 1 person idling in a loaded town that’s unnecessary.

It’s crazy how like half of your posts though seem to be directing insults at the developers and team leads, who mind you Mike literally streams himself playing constantly.

I’m sorry you’re not happy with the Early Access product you paid for. Maybe instead of raging at the developers and insulting EHG like they’re not actual people, you should log off and wait for a more complete release?

1 Like

EHG: We dont like the numlock trick.
Also EHG: We’re gonna force you to numlock just so you can take a shit during your arena run.

1 Like