Suggestions for additional runes/glyphs

So, we know that we will receive more crafting updates in the future and since we just received a new Rune of Shaping for implicit re-roll me and my stream audience came up with some awesome possible ideas for mroe runes and glyphs.
(Credits go to my viewers, but since i don’t know their Names here in the LE Forums, i hope you guys read this!)

I am not sure what exactly the crafting updates may entail, but i think more powerful but rare runes and glyphs would be a great step to give additional options for crafting.

This would also give us more rare and exciting “loot drops”.

So here are some suggestions (obviosuly subject to be adjusted in terms of balancing and rarity):

1. Rune that reduces Instability on an Item.
  • The item obviously needs to be not fractured.
    *Now depending on how strong and rare this rune should be, this either should be just a guranteed reduction in Instability (if the rune is very very rare) or the “craft” still has a % chance of successing and could potentially fail (with this , the rune could be a bit more common, but still should be relattively rare)

• The value of instability that get’s reduced obviously can be balanced and changed.
    *But my initial idea was about 5-10 Instabiltiy reduction, this would mean about 1-2 crafts with higher success chance then pre-crafting the rune

1. Rune Of Removal, that does not affect exalted affixes
  • This one is probably the most self-explanatory. This should still remove a random affix, but not affect any exlated affixes present on the item.
    *Since this could act as a target removal, when the Exalted Item only has 2 affixes in total, this obviously needs to be suuuuuuuuuuper rare.
  1. Rune of Removal for Prefixes/Suffixes
  • A Rune of Removal, that only affects either a suffix or a prefix.
    Since this could be used for similar uses cases as Rune No. 2, we might want to restrict the use to only be able to craft on non-exalted Items, this way we could make this rune way more common.
    I think this Rune should still be fairly rare, but this would make crafting with 2 and 3 affix items way easier.
  1. Glyph that guarantees additional affix tiers on successful craft (maybe like 3-5 tiers), but does 100% minor fracture.
  • This should still be able to fail and just cause a normal fracture according to the base crafting functionality. (IF this would be not the case and the craft would be guaranteed, this glyph needs to be suuuuuuuuuuper rare)

Two things about this i am not super sure about:

• Should the craft still have a chance for a damaging or destructive frature (if the instability is already super low).
  • Should only the affix shards you currently crafting get additional affixes or should this also increases the other affixes on an item (if the current craft would exceed T5)
  1. Glyph that freezes the current Instability
  • This one has majorly different application cases, depending on the exact implementation.

• If you are able to craft this on a basically uncrafted item this would lead to guaranteed T20 Items. (If that’s the case, this Glyph needs to be suuuper rare)

• Another idea would be, that this rune adds a high amount of instability on the craft itself (like 30-50, but after that it would freeze the Instability.

• In both cases you want to use this as early as possible on an item before crafting too much on it. So you probably want to use it on rare bases with good implicits.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts? Or maybe entirely different/new suggestions?

3 Likes

I like this idea, but what about maybe having a counter as well, you can use a max of X number of them on a single item.

Instead of 100% minor fracture, what if it was 100% fracture chance – incentivizing using early if you want to avoid rolling a damaging or (extreme?) fracture. So whatever your chances of a particular type of fracture are, you know what the chances are going in when you use it. I hope that makes sense?

That’s of course a valid concern and will heavily change how rare or good this rune should/could be.
In case you could do multiple of those runes on oone item, the rune needs to be super rare.

But remember, even applying this rune could lead to a fracture

So you mean, what ever chances of all the 3 different fractures there are at the time for crafting, one of them will 100% occur, with the weightings of the current %chances?

I guess I’m not sure that the downside that even applying the rune could lead to a fracture is a strong enough downside for the gain. But I see your point, maybe it is.

Yes. That’s what I mean.

Apologies for taking so long, my workload unexpectedly shifted from 10-15 hrs/week to 70+ hrs/week more or less overnight. A good sign on the road back to a pre-Covid world, but I’ve barely had the energy to open Last Epoch let alone engage with the forums.

I was trying to reshape my suggestions in response to the great ideas in this thread but instead, I’ll start with a more or less verbatim repost and plan to follow up with more thoughts soon.

New Glyphs

1. Glyph of Inspiration - Increases the likelihood of critical success. I’m not sure of how the current likelihood is calculated, but perhaps a 3x - 1.5x increase (depending on item instability) would be appropriate.

2. Glyph of Perfection - The upgraded affix is rolled twice and uses the higher result (for example, a T5 resistance would be more likely to roll near 45%)

3. Glyph of Distinction - This can only be used in conjunction with a rune and it doubles the instability added by that rune. The highest tier affix on the item can not be affected by that rune (if multiple of highest tier, one is chosen at random). Used with:

• Rune of Refinement - adds 4 instability, only the other affixes are rerolled.

• Rune of Removal - adds 4 instability, the selected affix can not be removed.

• Rune of Cleansing - all affixes are removed except for the selected one. The new instability will be between 10 and 30.

New Rune - Rune of Madness

• Randomly chooses two affixes from the item. One affix is increased by a tier while the other is lowered by two tiers. This would allow T5 affixes to increase to T6. Using a rune of madness automatically causes a minor fracture (failing could still cause damaging/destructive fractures).

Emblems

Used in conjunction with a glyph, extending the glyph’s effect for an additional craft. Another glyph can be applied to the following craft, allowing both glyphs to affect a single craft.

• This would allow stability + guardian, stability + inspiration, guardian + perfection, etc.

• Two glyphs of the same kind could be combined to slightly enhanced effect (eg. 2 * guardian = 33% less fracture chance)

Using an Emblem would consume many more glyphs than normal. Ten of the glyph that is made to persist and five of the glyph that is added to the second craft (essentially 5 * normal cost).

Emblems could not be used on the second craft of a previous emblem. This would prevent chaining back-to-back enhanced crafts.

1 Like

I love all of the ideas, would add a rune that can add 1 more random implicit to item from pool of implicits but has high possibility to make destruction fracture, and if its not fractured it adds highinstability value

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.