Damaging fracture isn't very fun

Love the game so far. I’ve played a lot recently with a multishot rogue and I finally found a very cool exalted ancient coins relic with 3 max tier affixes. I wanted to also upgrade the 4th affix to make a perfect item. This was going to be the inspiration for a new build. The disappointment was very great when I got a damaging fracture.

So far the balance of the game seems to be very much in the right direction, so I assume there is a reason this exists, but fracturing an item normally is already painful. Which I like mechanically. But to have my first near perfect exalted item get an affix reduced to level 2 is offputting. I wouldn’t mind this feature be removed from the game.

This has been brought up literally hundred of times, there are still open threads on it and at least a few dozen more threads that are closed already (not being sarcastic, I mean that literally)

The devs are aware of the “feelsbad moments”, they are working on it, but there is no easy solution.

Here are just some of the threads, 3 of 4 are still open and there are hundreds of posts about the same subject within dozens of threads to read about.

Whoops. I only did a Ctr+F to search, but that was before I noticed how many posts per day are generated here.

Slight reason d’aitre tho: Most of these posts are talking about any fracturing. I was talking specifically about a damaging fracture which removes affix tiers. I love the rest of the system.

Some OP posts talk about generic fracturing, but a lot of post talk about mroe specific scenarios.

The whole fracturing system can feel bad, I agree, but it’s also a mind thing, you need to adapt to.

I personally am still very happy with the crafting system, even after thousand of hours, because my expectations shifted very much compared to other games.

My excitement comes after successful crafts, not when dropping a particular item that potentially is good.

Getting relatively good Items is already incredible easy in LE, the fracturing how it currently is, is necessary, because otherwise getting good Items would be simply too easy.

I personally would prefer to give players more options to negate other layers of RNG, with advanced crafting mats, like Glyphs and Runes.
This would not solve the issue you are having, but would remove some of the other RNG layers.

Because the fraturing on it’s own might not be THAT bad, but itemisation and crafting already has RNG Layer on RNG Layer on RNG Layer (Correct Base, Correct Affixes, Removing Correct Affixes, Succeeding Craft)

Not wanting to de-rail your thread but here are some of my suggestiosn I gave a while ago:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.