[Stash] Categories have the same ID assigned, unusable category which cannot be edited or removed

Happened after moving few tabs between categories.

This video is reproducing the issue after I’ve already tried to clear the two bugged categories - the moment I’ve logged out to char selection, got back in and created another one same thing happened.

Cleaned up a bit, this is what I have: https://i.imgur.com/MA4IGF7.png

Can share game save files, just let me know if I should send them to an email or host somewhere of your choice.

~I’m pretty sure I also lost one unique tab (#2)~
Somehow it got renamed to Stash Tab 27

Edit: sorry for the background audio, wasn’t aware I have the audio recording on (headphone warning for SV Delos video ;p)

Edit: After investigating the save game files myself I can see what’s causing it but I have no idea how it could have happened any other way than some pesky bug in tab category assignment:

"categories":[
        {
           "categoryID":0,
           "iconID":6,
           "colorID":3,
           "displayName":"Dump",
           "displayOrder":0
        },
        {
           "categoryID":1,
           "iconID":0,
           "colorID":2,
           "displayName":"Primalist",
           "displayOrder":2
        },
        {
           "categoryID":1,
           "colorID":14,
           "displayName":"Misc",
           "displayOrder":1
        },
        {
           "categoryID":3,
           "colorID":0,
           "displayName":"Category 4",
           "displayOrder":3
        }
     ],

As you can see from JSON above the category Primalist and Misc have the same categoryID.

I’ve had the same issue a while ago after trying to move categories.
Same problem: duplicate categoryID

:wink:

@Shtrak and I found this same thing a while ago… Havent chanced losing my stash tabs by testing it too much but it could likely be the dragging of the tab order (supported) - according to the devs, dragging tabs to categories is not supported so it could be this that causes the corruption if you mistakenly drop a tab onto a different category… unconfirmed speculation tho…

As you found, manually editing the ids in the file (probably against ToS) does fix it…

Yes, it has now occured to multiple players and the dragging seems to be the central point.
Let’s hope they find the core reason! :slight_smile:

Happened to me without dragging tabs again.

What I did was:

1. Misslick and create new category
  2. Switch back to category I’ve been managing
  3. Bam the category is with wrong id.

Seems like the creation of category is in async and the categoryId is somehow lost uppon creation.

I will try to remember and record each interaction with stash, seems like it’s pretty reproducable if I did it not on purpose 2 times in a week.

There might be some alt+tab thing involved in the process since I do it quite a lot while binge watching.

1 Like

Thanks for this added testing… Can only help the devs resolve it faster… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This just happened to me. the category I lost contained every unique I had. Is there a way to get them back?

Read this and see if it’s like your issue:

I did that and then the next time I logged in the 2 bugged categories were back. The new category I made containing my uniques and set items was then gone. At this point I came to the forums.

All you categoryID are now correct, in the right sequence?
If so, I don’t know. You’ll need help from EHG, then, I’m sorry.

alright, thanks for taking the time to respond.

always a pleasure

Have the same problem try to fix ! Next day i loose all my stash with my exalted item inside! How i can ask for my money back?

You can probably still fix it yourself if you are careful… Remember this is a beta game & things like this are part of testing the game to find and fix problems.

but, here is the information you requested…

Thanks for your response ! You have right! I manage to fix it my self! Yes you have also right about saying that is beta and all this is a part of testing the game etc! I was overreacting do to the loss of important items and the time spend in the game! The last 2 weeks i enjoyed so much and i feel so bad after this happen! But all seems good now! I manage to fix the problem and continue learn and enjoy the game! I m so happy and excited about the game and i want to be all perfect for me and my friends playing! We wait long time for something like this and we appreciate all the amazing job behind ! Please continue the good work and we all hope for faster release of the multiplayer! We love Last Epoch!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.