Corrupted Stash tabs

Hi, somehow my stash tabs (really, Categories) have gotten somehow corrupted. There are two “dead” Categories at the end of the list that don’t respond, can’t be interacted with, can’t be deleted, or renamed, etc.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Hey…

There is a thread or two on this (cant find it right now)…

The problem is usually that the categoryID and tabID in the Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta (end of the file) have been messed up.

Its not too complicated if you have some understanding of data etc, you can manually edit the file (after backup obviously) to fix the duplicate category and tab ids…

I’ll edit the thread when I find the old posts that explain this in more detail.

EDIT:

I actually already did that (been a software developer for 32 years). I got it to a point where I “saved” my actual tabs (with the gear) by moving their Category IDs to a working Category. So, now, all I have are the two “dead” Categories. When I delete them from the array (no tabs reference their IDs), it proceeds to bug out other (working) tabs. So, I’m kinda stuck leaving them there until there is a bug fix of some sort.

Here is the section of code:

“categories”:[{“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:6,“colorID”:1,“displayName”:“Weapons”,“displayOrder”:1},{“categoryID”:1,“iconID”:20,“colorID”:17,“displayName”:“Idols”,“displayOrder”:4},{“categoryID”:2,“iconID”:23,“colorID”:3,“displayName”:“Uniques”,“displayOrder”:5},{“categoryID”:3,“iconID”:20,“colorID”:10,“displayName”:“Sets”,“displayOrder”:6},{“categoryID”:6,“iconID”:20,“colorID”:11,“displayName”:“T16+”,“displayOrder”:7},{“categoryID”:7,“iconID”:21,“colorID”:1,“displayName”:“Twink”,“displayOrder”:0},{“categoryID”:8,“iconID”:9,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Armor”,“displayOrder”:2},{“categoryID”:9,“iconID”:20,“colorID”:5,“displayName”:“Misc”,“displayOrder”:3},{“categoryID”:10,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“corrupted1”,“displayOrder”:8},{“categoryID”:11,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“corrupted2”,“displayOrder”:9}]

If I remove the last 2 (and the comma after Misc entry), other tabs start to bug out.

Only thing I can think of is that there is either something still referencing them or that there is a reference to the number of categories somewhere. Dont have my files available right now to try and see if there is anything that could still be linked…

Not sure if there will ever be a bug fix for this particular problem - they might fix why it happens in the first place and thereby negate the need for any further code but I am not sure how they would / or if they would spend time on something that can fix existing corrupted stash files - that might be a tough request…

If they write your save files on the server the same way they do on local PC, then this will be a huge issue.

Probably right… but I doubt they would have kept the same save process or even file structures in the server mp version anyway - I am not a netcode / server authoritative expert but it seems to me that there would be a better way. and considering that the offline/online will never be interchangeable they dont really have to…

What happened to categoryID 4 & 5?

On my side, the categoryIDs are sequential and there are no missing ones… even though I know i have added/removed categories in-game… Perhaps this is related?

Guessing here…

I don’t know, I just assumed if you deleted #4 (for example), then it would not necessarily renumber all the others (and all Tabs which reference those numbers).

I could try a massive renumbering (categories and tabs) to see.

couldnt hurt… just backup backup backup… :wink:

Ctrl-H is your friend (categoryID”:6 → categoryID”:4, etc).

Actually I think I can just take the two corrupt empty ones (10 and 11) and make them 4 and 5.

2 Likes

Yeah, but if you had to do a mass renaming, Ctrl-H would be the easiest way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.