Spiked Totem Scaling Bug?

I noticed when I got the [Spiked Totem] node for [Spriggan Form]'s [Healing Totem] and proceeded to immediately transform into Spriggan and summon a totem that the damage is quite a bit lower than I expected. I assumed that the damage would be identical / Slightly higher due to the extra attunement.

It’s about half from my observations, I removed all the damage out of my thorn totem tree, and the damage of the healing totems dropped. I removed gear that added damage and the damage dropped, so it isn’t from gear that specified minion damage, nor is it from the few damage nodes I had in thorn totem’s tree.

After a bit more testing and using the ALT option to read the skill, I noticed healing totem even with the [Spiked totem] node doesn’t say it scales its DAMAGE with Attunement. I attempted to test this but was unable to find out why my Spriggan’s totems do less damage than my regular thorn totems. or perhaps there isn’t identical base damage for the totems?

I really liked the idea of a hybrid Totem Druid Spriggan. I hope this can be sorted out if it is considered a bug.

There appear to be a few issues with totems:

It also turns out that the [Petrify] node that makes it so you use hp to pay half the mana cost of the skill doesn’t work with the [Spiked totem] node either. It makes you pay the full cost as hp, and still pay the full mana cost. This would be assumed to be because of the way the mana cost of the thorn totem is applied to the healing totem via the talent.

[Petrify] is working for the other 3 spells.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.