So I went back to PoE for a week

Embermages are strong, but I do have some super tanky characters who can stand in the meteors all day and not care. I even have a Reflect character who kills Embermages by standing in the meteors. :slight_smile:

I still think their telegraph isn’t enough though. :slight_smile:

^^^^^
I totally agree with you! Embermages’ telegraph is not enough.

Yes indeed. More than 3k hours played and all my friends have PoE as the most played game on steam on their profile. There is a reason for this and for sure is not the negative side of the product. It’s not a perfect game I can easily list a lot of things which annoys me BUT for sure it’s the king of ARPG with the most complex and immense content to date.

2 Likes

Yeah, u built a reflect Spriggan form character and was amused by the Embermages killing themselves on my reflect.

I watched a recent POE reddit thread where a guy (DW Jugg) ran a delirium map with 10k+ plus enemies, and i giggled hard when watching footage that went like 5 fps or freezing most of the time while spreading screen diarrhea where you cant see shit.

Well, while there are things I really don’t like about that game, I will agree is still the best ARPG out there is you take everything into account.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from So I went back to PoE for a week:

For me the problem with current POE is that I am burnt out of the levelling every league through the same shit, yet they buff the monsters and say FUCK YA ALL to levelling skills (sunder, anyone?). They forced more specialized characters for certain things (you need at least one trash clear type of character and boss killer if you wanna push for challenges and not feel like ending yourself). I have played only one character this league and geared it to full extent (there are upgrades, not insignificant) and have two other characters that I literally stopped enjoying at the A10 because of how bad campaign felt with them.

Yeah GGG has really nerfed my desire to play this game with their current balancing it’s beyond ridiculous, I honestly feel like they don’t want people to enjoy this game, they want people to cry. If I have to use God damn Divine flesh for literally every f+cking build the game is busted.

2 Likes

Divine flesh is for peasants . Armor stacking CI Aegis Aurora is the way (75%/75% block with 3-4k ES gained on block) with Replica Dreamfeather!

On more serious note, they nerfed the most important thing there was:

░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄░░░
░░░░░le░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░toucan░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░has░░░░░░░░▀▄▄███████████████
░░░░░arrived░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████░░

Almost 6000 hours in PoE and I still love every time I start a new character to level through the story. I expect this will be the same with LE. It never feels reptitive or boring to me because my focus is build experimentation and my goal each time is to try something new.

I also don’t chase the zoom-zoom; I don’t compete or race or care about the ladder. I enjoy slower methodical play, which PoE absolutely offers by just choosing to play that way. While LE doesn’t yet match PoE’s level of complexity, I approach both games the same way: browse classes, skills, and items to find something that looks interesting to me, start it up and iterate on the idea until it becomes something that beats the game (whatever that means to me at the time), then do it again.

I really only have one ongoing criticism of PoE: its crafting system. Every iteration of it (even Harvest) has felt to me like a malicious disrespect of my time as a player. I complete all content at least once with at least three or four characters in every league, but only because I play trade league. SSF for me would mean maybe completing one character total per league, given how I play these games.

LE’s crafting system, by comparison, feels like a breath of deliciously scented fresh air from a benevolent godess who’s massaging my shoulders and whispering sweetly about violently murdering RNG gods. This was possibly my number one draw to LE. I still love PoE, but LE never makes me angry about developer philosophies.

3 Likes

This is all I do in LE as well.

I do set my self different “goals” for different buidls sometimes, but non of these goals are “how effecient” a build is from a time-perspective.

I don’t care how objectively good or bad it is.

Just have fun seeing a build/character grow, maybe do slight changes on-the-fly.
But the progression itself is the rewards for me.

1 Like

That’s the single biggest contributing factor to what drove me away from PoE and GGG a few years ago. It’s entirely possible that their approach has changed since I left, but the fact that (at the time, anyway) crafting was a reward for participating in the economy instead of an alternative to doing so ruined the game for me 100%. In the 900-1K hours I played the game I was never able to gear a character to the point that I could come close to considering it “finished”.

I wanted to play a hack n’ slash ARPG and feel a sense of progression with my character, but learned that without spending the majority of my time playing Wraeclast Tycoon, it wasn’t going to happen, so I left.

Again, I acknowledge that things may well have changed since I quit that game, but I’ll never go back to it.

Wow so many ingrates bashing a game that fed their boredom for almost the whole of last century.

Joke aside, this can be LE’s fate if it can last 10years.

While I have bashed yhat particular game in the past, what I’ve posted here comes nowhere near the realm of bashing.

There is a vast world of difference between stating what I personally disliked about PoE and disparaging it. I went out of my way not to disparage because I recognize that it’s ok for diff8people to like different things.

Yes you can click and allocate points you never earned in a simulation program, you can also equip uniques too you never earned/found. Whats your point? you can do that in LE as well

I play PoE for 4 weeks a league out of 12 and then I quit. Scourge is still going and I uploaded a youtube video of a Sirus 9 kill which was almost 2 months ago and that was when I played last. if that is no lifing then yes I ‘no life’ the game

The funny thing about people like this ‘feedback’ is its always salty/angry feedback from someone who couldnt handle/make it in the game, instead of just ‘the game isnt for me’ theres this reason why PoE is so shit apparently

1 Like

I want to love Path of Exile, but it’s so clunky and grid-based and it has no REAL game play. If it played more like Last Epoch it would be legit. Oh well, let’s hope they figure it out in two years for Path of Exile 2.

Similar thoughts here… I stopped playing PoE years ago for all the reasons people have already mentioned - it used to be great, but each new expansion just made it worse and worse… I have occassionally installed it to see what changed/updated but my last experience was so bad, I got GGG to totally delete my account - even with all the real money upgrades I had purchased.

I will most likely try out PoE2 (as I will D4 once Blizzard/Activision now MS clean up their acts) but I will never go back to PoE.

1 Like

Diablo 3 is fun and the combat feels amazing and the developer wants new players, GGG actively hates its player base and I don’t expect anything for poe2 because you can’t change the developer, I expect a lot out of last epoch because the developer listens to the players and actually wants and really fun game, they don’t want unfair advantage against the players, I really feel this way, I have no hope for GGG they will never change until Chris is gone.

GGG always wanted a hardcore experience, from the beginning, they are not happy with how easy the game is, in their eyes. The new hard mode they will release on 3.17 I believe, is a reflection of that sentiment.

To me personally the worst offender is the lack of balance between skills and playstyles. They don’t even try. The BS one-shots is a distant second. When they nerf a skill, is not a 50% less damage, they neft it to the point is barebly usable, nerfing not only the skill but all the interactions with other skills and systems. They don’t care about rising the worst skills, instead we have new shiny skills each season that may or may not perform well. The current investment to make any non-spell offensive skill to work is absolutely bonkers. You need 30ex in investment to make it barely work, if not more. Or you can go with a META skill + class and clear everything under 1-2ex total investment.

You are not rewarded in any way by being melee range, you are not rewarded staying in place for casting a spell or skill, as how dangerous enemies are, you want something that auto-casts or you can drop into the ground and do its own thing.

And the end what people do? as the game is so huge and complex, they always find out any skill and/or skill interaction that survived the nerf rounds, and abuse it to the max.

Exactly. It all goes to waste because there isn’t any meaningful gameplay. As in the thing you do outside of equipping passives and gear.