So I went back to PoE for a week

… and I hate myself, feel bad after DAMN near every session, can’t see SH&T, die to offscreens. These are on damn tough chars, not crap. I have ~4000 real hours, I know how to build ‘tough’ chars in PoE. None of that matters if the Devs hate the players (looking at you Neon). Reminded me of every reason I walked away;

NONE, repeat NONE of these issues exist in current LE game, and that’s a credit to the Devs. SURE, there are bosses that you DO have to learn, but as far as I’m concerned it’s not biased directly against the player.

Good show chaps, keep the play FUN, active and FAIR

9 Likes

I’m not sure whether to applaud your bravery for giving it a go, or laugh at your idiocy for the same reason.
I walked away months ago for the same reasons and regained my sanity and enjoyment of gaming. I’m not tempted in the slightest to test as you have. Those devs over there lost my respect over a long, long time and it would take them doing a complete U-turn on a lot of things to ever tempt me back again. That U-turn won’t happen because unlike here, that dev team never listen to the “average” players and are completely pig headed.

5 Likes

Waiting for new league to do another 40/40 and 100 grind

Once again all new end game bosses

For some people PoE is too much for them to handle/fast paced, you should play LE then if you need an easier game

If you like that awful unfair game good for you

This guy no-lifes

Cool

Path of Exile combat gameplay is mostly non-existent. You can play the game in Path of Builder without even loading the game up.

1 Like

I played last league, I don’t think the devs there hate their players, but they want their game to remain somewhat challenging and “hardcore”.

The problem I felt is BS one-shots. Even if you go with a defense-first mentality, keep you hp at defenses up to date, and focus on them, nothing matters and you will still end up one-shotted. The game is so ridiculous that at the end my biggest survival improvement was to focus in offense instead. Kill them before they can react, you skip so much BS that way… is so sad.

People say is you have enough experience, you can avoid one-shot situations, but when you don’t have that experience, really feels cheap, and in mapping, without too harmful mods, sometimes a random white mob can instantly kill you, while 95% of the time the damage you receive is insignificant. Feels the game balance is all over the place.

I really appreciate monsters in this game, and the approach to combat. I like how non-rare enemies can keep you in your toes, how you can predict what is and what is not lethal and how you can react accordingly. I didn’t encounter cheap BS one-shots in this game, you feel you’re in control, while in PoE is was waiting for my next death, sometimes I could identify what I did wrong, but many others was truly BS one-shot out of nothing.

2 Likes

Embermages might want to disagree ^^.

1 Like

Wow. So many POE haters lol. There are some frustrating aspects of POE for sure, but I definitely still consider it the best ARPG by far.

2 Likes

Embermages are strong, but I do have some super tanky characters who can stand in the meteors all day and not care. I even have a Reflect character who kills Embermages by standing in the meteors. :slight_smile:

I still think their telegraph isn’t enough though. :slight_smile:

^^^^^
I totally agree with you! Embermages’ telegraph is not enough.

Yes indeed. More than 3k hours played and all my friends have PoE as the most played game on steam on their profile. There is a reason for this and for sure is not the negative side of the product. It’s not a perfect game I can easily list a lot of things which annoys me BUT for sure it’s the king of ARPG with the most complex and immense content to date.

2 Likes

Yeah, u built a reflect Spriggan form character and was amused by the Embermages killing themselves on my reflect.

I watched a recent POE reddit thread where a guy (DW Jugg) ran a delirium map with 10k+ plus enemies, and i giggled hard when watching footage that went like 5 fps or freezing most of the time while spreading screen diarrhea where you cant see shit.

Well, while there are things I really don’t like about that game, I will agree is still the best ARPG out there is you take everything into account.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from So I went back to PoE for a week:

For me the problem with current POE is that I am burnt out of the levelling every league through the same shit, yet they buff the monsters and say FUCK YA ALL to levelling skills (sunder, anyone?). They forced more specialized characters for certain things (you need at least one trash clear type of character and boss killer if you wanna push for challenges and not feel like ending yourself). I have played only one character this league and geared it to full extent (there are upgrades, not insignificant) and have two other characters that I literally stopped enjoying at the A10 because of how bad campaign felt with them.

Yeah GGG has really nerfed my desire to play this game with their current balancing it’s beyond ridiculous, I honestly feel like they don’t want people to enjoy this game, they want people to cry. If I have to use God damn Divine flesh for literally every f+cking build the game is busted.

2 Likes

Divine flesh is for peasants . Armor stacking CI Aegis Aurora is the way (75%/75% block with 3-4k ES gained on block) with Replica Dreamfeather!

On more serious note, they nerfed the most important thing there was:

░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄░░░
░░░░░le░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░toucan░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░has░░░░░░░░▀▄▄███████████████
░░░░░arrived░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████░░

Almost 6000 hours in PoE and I still love every time I start a new character to level through the story. I expect this will be the same with LE. It never feels reptitive or boring to me because my focus is build experimentation and my goal each time is to try something new.

I also don’t chase the zoom-zoom; I don’t compete or race or care about the ladder. I enjoy slower methodical play, which PoE absolutely offers by just choosing to play that way. While LE doesn’t yet match PoE’s level of complexity, I approach both games the same way: browse classes, skills, and items to find something that looks interesting to me, start it up and iterate on the idea until it becomes something that beats the game (whatever that means to me at the time), then do it again.

I really only have one ongoing criticism of PoE: its crafting system. Every iteration of it (even Harvest) has felt to me like a malicious disrespect of my time as a player. I complete all content at least once with at least three or four characters in every league, but only because I play trade league. SSF for me would mean maybe completing one character total per league, given how I play these games.

LE’s crafting system, by comparison, feels like a breath of deliciously scented fresh air from a benevolent godess who’s massaging my shoulders and whispering sweetly about violently murdering RNG gods. This was possibly my number one draw to LE. I still love PoE, but LE never makes me angry about developer philosophies.

3 Likes

This is all I do in LE as well.

I do set my self different “goals” for different buidls sometimes, but non of these goals are “how effecient” a build is from a time-perspective.

I don’t care how objectively good or bad it is.

Just have fun seeing a build/character grow, maybe do slight changes on-the-fly.
But the progression itself is the rewards for me.

1 Like