Shuriken Bladedancer - Empowered Abomination in 6s 0.8.3b

You take the Scintillant Steel node in the Shuriken tree

I do this to keep up the armor bonus and deal some damage when i run monolyth. Blade armor only lasts 3 seconds, and recasting it manually everytime it runs off would be too routine.

Ah ok right should feel much better just shifting thru mobs, thanks.

Hey great build! Any ideas on how to target farm the dagger and shield?

so i just found the dagger in the age of winter lvl90 monolith but im pretty sure itā€™s just random and you canā€™t target farm it at all.

Appreciate the reply bro, ill give it a farm. I just unlocked the age of winter monolith as well. Iā€™ll grab the reign of winter bow while iā€™m there in case I want to try out bow mage.

The shield is perhaps the hardest part of this build to get right nowā€¦ I know a lot of experienced players are still trying to farm for it (since it was added to the patch)ā€¦ myself includedā€¦ and its proving to be elusive - even with the mono unique boosts & farming the shield monos for a better chanceā€¦ By comparison, the dagger seems to drop quite oftenā€¦

Is it possible to play this build without the dagger and shield? Iā€™ve been farming for them 2 days straight and yet to drop them =(

Sure. You can start with crafted items. Katana or Kris will give you nice crit damage boost,
Prefixes should be Physical/Lightning/Critical damage. Suffixes are Shock/Dodge/Chill/Stun. For shield youā€™ll want maximum Block chance and effectiveness. Until you tank up with Bastion you can drop Blade Shield to take Deadly Aim. Itā€™s not as tanky but it wouldnā€™t force you to go melee.

Do you have any updated thoughts on the best defensive options for the build? I canā€™t tell if the 100% glancing blow node is actually an upgrade or a trap.

For this build, iā€™m sure, no-dodge full GB is better. We cant quickly stack Perfiction and Dusk shroud since we donā€™t use melee spammable, we also donā€™t have access to double sword GB. So Apostacy is the only way to cap GB for us.
I also gave a try to Dodge*ward, but it didnā€™t shine. GB proved working much better

Really like the build idea, the number of hits per second is insane! :smiley:
Have you considered doing an alternative idol configuration such as this or this?

In my marksman build, armour shred was the largest lategame scaling stat for my fast attack build. You can get 100% chance to shred armour, and you are getting massive hits per second. It might just improve the burst damage by quite a margin.

For one shred effect idol we get 160 reduction per stack, or with four of them, its 340 reduction per stack.

So that would be 28*160=4,480 or 28*340=9,520
So it would basically give you instant negative armour on almost any mob.

The hit damage will go through the roof I would assume. With how many stacks and the duration you gain from the other idols, you would have armour shred that lasts for more than 10 seconds! Thats huge dps gain since it also improves the scaling of your shuriken hit damage per stack of ailment.

Edit:
Realized my math was off without accounting for the 2 additional shuriken from the gloves, so another 8 hits per cast. So yeah, even more hits means more stacks and more shred.

Edit 2:
After trying out shurikens, at low level you can tell the projictiles are not all shotgunning on single target. So I am not sure the results will be what I was originally thinking.

Projectiles only shotgun if they are fired sequentially. So they should if you take the Deadly Aim or Blade Shield nodes.

yeah, with blade shield it can allow all of them to hit 1 target for the one encircling you. But when the clones fire out their projectiles, with blade shield is it allowing them to shotgun?

No, unless you had the Deadly Aim node which would make the shurikens fire sequentially.

Unless it specifies otherwise (such as the Multishot Giant Slayer node), projectiles that are fired at the same time canā€™t shotgun. Blade Shield shotguns because theyā€™re fired sequentially.

Not sure if this is an intended behavior but Shurikens cast by Shadows DO shotgun when Blade Shield is taken and Deadly Aim is not.

yeah itā€™s a bug hence the kill speed

Are you guys actually pressing Lethal Mirage? I press it sometimes to feel like Iā€™m not wasting a skill slot, but Iā€™m not sure why I do. Why exactly are we taking it?

Also @Ytunabe what are your thoughts on the shred armor idol setup BanditTech proposed?

Lethal mirage helps to avoid some deadly attacks and also provides big dodge buff. You can use Decoy instead if you donā€™t hate it :smiley:
About armor shred stacking, the more you stack it, the less damage it gives. For example the relative difference between 4000 and 9000 armor is only 9% more physical damage and 7% more non-physical damage, according to Tunkā€™s calculator Armor . So i think, having 200-300 armor shred per shuriken is fine for us. 2 Large idols with shred prefix+suffix should be enough.

Hello, doing this build and doing fine so far. Might I know if the ā€œincreased damage of skills used by shadowsā€ affix is interesting for this build ? Because that affix scales a lot and we can easily get 100+% on chest piece. From my understanding the damage are comming from shadows for this build.