Shatter KING Returns! Build Guide 0.8.3D

Video

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Build Overview Summary/Rating/Interactions

Summary

• This build is played as a Spellblade! Go around hitting enemies with firebrand gaining stacks of firebrand all to be spend on shatter strike causing it to hit for HUGE damage! Very quick playstyle and can be a bit squishy if you don’t fully build into defense! Over all a fun way to play the spellblade class!

Main Interactions

• Wearing 2 Shattered Lance Swords to get huge added cold damage.
  • Wearing 2 Swords to get 240% Crit Multiplier from shatter strike tree
  • Using Firebrand to get MORE damage and Guarenteed Crit For Shatterstrike

Rating

• Defense - 6.5/10 (Go low life version for better survivability)
  • Offense - 9/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 8/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 7/10
  • Arena - 7/10
  • Average - 7.5 (A Tier)

Lootfilter Attached Click Here (DAMMITTS NEW AUTO FILTER)

Please let Me know if you find anything messed up

LIGHT BLUE - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+)

GREEN - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+)

YELLOW - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+)

ORANGE - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers)

RED - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers)

TEAL GREEN - IDOLS

SHOWS - Exalted/Set/Unique Items
HIDES - Common/Magic/Rare That don’t match above Requirements

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non SPELLBLADE Class Items ARE HIDDEN

Pastebin Link

1 Million Damage Shatter KING Lootfilter Pastebin Link

Dammitt's Builder For 0.8.3B

1 Million Damage Shatter KING

1 Million Damage Shatter KING Gear/Idols/Blessings

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Health/Capped Resistances
  • Critical Strike Avoidance/Endurance
  • Melee Leech (Can get this on gloves now!)

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• Added Melee Cold Damage/Increased Melee Cold Damage
  • Critical Strike Multiplier (Dont Need Critical Chance)
  • Dex

Rating System Breakdown

Build Rating System Breakdown Post

Passive Screen Shots
Mage
Sorcerer
Spellblade

Skill Screen Shots
Firebrand
Enchant weapon
Focus
Shatter Strike
Flame ward

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live every Saturday night as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Here’s Everything I’ve ever done in Last Epoch

Looking For a different build? Here’s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds and Guides in one place! Click Here

Discord

Hey travelers!

We Smashed 3,000 Members! Lets Get to 4,000!

Come hang out, ask questions, and if your looking for a build use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Soon there will be a leaderboard for discord jeopardy asking all those questions you want answers to about Last epoch, make sure to be there when it launches and have your chance at being the months leader to earn prizes!

Have a good day Travelers!

Excited to look at this one, but it will have to wait another day or so. My old Shatter-dude still works but could use some improvements. I haven’t played around with him but jut to see if the build was still good.

Thx!

Do you have an updated planner for the low life version? or the previous patch version works?
Since the trees are so different

For the low life version all you want to change is wearing the chest and boots uniques, then getting a tad more health if you can. No more leech on gloves/passives

i also would take out the relic tbh., it may have inc cold melee dmg and freezrate but also flat health regen, inc health regen and health gain on freeze

edit: should have watched the vid, where you say that :smiley:

Hi Boardman,

As you know I have been running the Avalanche Shaman and having a blast. It’s time for something new though. I have never played a spellblade in all my time here just as that was my first Shaman. I’d like to try this guy. Somewhere it said this was Rank S as well as Rank A and it looks like fun. My only question at this point, is how would you suggest equiping him as he levels, weapon wise? I know probably swords, but what stats on the swords as he levels. Those set blades in the builder are pretty high level. At least they seem a sure thing to gain once you fight that boss.

lol, nevermind. From the previous person’s comments on boots I’m guessing you use mourningfrost boots at some point in the video so I’m guessing you explain what to gear with in the video. I read fast, hence all the typing. I usually ignore vids but I’ll watch it. Believe it or not, I have been disabled for months and can’t use my left arm for anything. I’ve been having to completely type right handed like chicken pecking with one finger lol.

Spellblades are a really cool variation on the Mage class and was one of my first characters here in LE.

There are 3 variations of the build… Fire & Lightning with Firebrand & Flamereave (fire default or converted lighting) and Ice with Firebrand & Shatter Strike… So you can try either of them with great success - I perfer the lightning one but only because I havent tried the ShatterKing version yet. :wink:

They do tremendous damage if you following the stacking sequence with the buffs on autocast… stack stack stack buff nuke… Its not a complicated skill sequence so you should be able to do it with one hand but it might be tricky… if you can use your fingers on your left hand (no need to move it) then its easy - maybe even add the nuke to a spare mouse button for your right hand… at level 96, the lightning version is critting 500k on the dummy so they are all very good dps.

Survivability depends heavily on going low life and/or stacking crazy levels of ward by continually attacking… Normal health stacking build with ward are still tanky (i am on 2500hp with 2000-3000 ward) but the low life versions can get much higher Wards and EHP… All depends on what gear you have available… and you either regen/leech health or regen ward as fast as you can. Both (low life & normal health) work imho. - you obviously have to chose one cause they dont play nice together.

And put a loot filter in for Crystal Swords… and get as fast melee attack speed as you can…

Have fun…

Thanks Vapourfire for the info. I still have to learn how to handle low life builds. It’s not so much keeping from dying I guess but causing my health to go back to äbove what it considered low life. I mean, how would you maintain keeping it so low without dying. Plus, let’s say that you had to step away for a sec or look away. It seems that would would mean auto death even if you weren’t fighting mobs. I would like to try the low life because I am always into trying new things but it will definitely be a challenge I think to figure it out.

:wink: For low life with Spellblades in LE right now you need some uniques… I dont think its even possible without them.

The general concept of low life is that you stack as much health as possible on your character and then the uniques continually drain the health and return you Ward based on how much health you are missing… so the more you have to start, the more you will be missing and the more Ward you get back.

The only downsides to the low life is that you have to make sure you do not regen or leech life in any way because this lowers the ward you get… There is even a really irritating interaction with potions and low life builds - if you auto pick up a potion, it heals you and you then have less ward till its drained - ie… you become temporarily squishy unless you counter the potion with “health to ward potion affixes” or use a unique (linked below).

Here are uniques useful for low life builds… You need at least the chest piece, but the boots combined make a very high ward low life build and the belts help too… Trick is that you then have to get your resists & other affixes on other gear…

Yeah, I see what you mean. I have Exsanguinous, of course. I have like 3 of them. I always keep the best and then keep two for alt builds, sell the rest. Standard practice for me. The rest I do not have. I’ll hold off on low life but its something to shoot for in the future. Thanks.

Last Steps of the Living is from Formosus so it’s not too difficult to get hold of, especially now they changed the drop rates, it drops from normal so you don’t need to do empowered. Personally I wouldn’t worry much about the belts.

Why is Dex an important stat? I could understand it if using Mourning frost boots but those aren’t mentioned in the video.

Dex adds flat cold damage & % melee damage to Shatter Strike. Int adds % cold & freeze rate multiplier.

1 Like

Dex adds flat melee cold damage to shatter strike by default. The boots make it double

1 Like

And % melee.

And flat dodge to your character… But i was only referencing why its important without the boots its because it gives the effect without them :slight_smile:

I know, but the % melee is part of the dex scaling for Shatter Strike, as well as the flat cold damage.

Yes. But his question was in regard to the boots which means he did not know about the flat cold added. Every skill has a % incre…

Yes you are right @llama8 this will go on for days :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh so Dex is built into Shatterstrike but if you add mourningfrost you sort of double dip, correct?

I"ll have to try that later.

I have been up all night.

I have insominia and it’s driving me insane. I am about to crash but can’t sleep. My head is about to hit this keyboard though lol.

See you folks later

1 Like

I could be wrong but I thought in the video you mentioned striking with Firebrand (no pun intended I promise) 10 times before using Shatterstrike. According to the 100 builder’s ALT info (I have shatterstrike and just hit level 35 but have yet to gain Firebrand, I am close though), Firebrand automatically starts with the ability to gain a maximum of 4 uses but can get two more because of the node WildFire. That’s 6 total stacks of Firebrand. Is there another catch somewhere like a unique that gives more stacks or something that I am not catching?