Shame on you EHG!

EHG you really have no shame?
Is this how you treat your customers? I fucking paid 35 euros, I want to play. Not the customers set this price, but your departments did. I dont give a damn what problems you encounter with your product. Hire more developers ! Yes, you posted a topic where you recognize that you have technical issues. And? How does this help the customer? Let’s be honest, you posted that message just to save the marketing value/image of your product.
Let’s set aside the supposed emotional part of this situation. This is a pure economic/transactional relationship. You give me the daily dose of dopamine, I gave you my money. Beta version of the game is over!! Wake up! You lunch your product one month ago and people can’t play this game because of Lost Connection Error, fps drop, PC crash etc. I cant even acces my characters in offline mode! I posted endless topic on this form, in game and on discord and all I get are promises.
So technical issues must be your no 1 priority. What’s the point of having fancy features if you cant play the game?

2 Likes

How dare you expect a product that works for your money? How dare you and that’s even worse, complain about it? Sy, its not complaining, its whining.
Every game is full of bugs when it is released. Why should that change? As long as there are enough people eating shit, that won’t change.
Besides, EHG is a small company, give them a little more time, maybe two years, and then they’ll get it done, …maybe.

1 Like

There is no issue in raising your concerns and voicing your opinions but do not do it in a juvenile manner. It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it that matters. Asking if EHG “has no shame” should be done in a less shameful manner, is all I’m saying.

I’m sure they will address any issues that arise. They’ve been great so far in my experience. :hugs: :heart:

9 Likes

If your communication was always like this I would’ve no shame to let your issue go further and further down in the to do list if I were a dev or support member.

I take a wild guess they have like 5 workdays of workload ahead of them untill they come to todays bug reports. I’m sure they work as fast as they but there is a lot to do and bugs that happen only to a minority of players are the hardest ones to fix.

4 Likes

I dont care. You havent heard until now that the customer is always right?

Thank you. I’m happy to accept that you identify me as a paying customer and that you’ve identified my correct statements. I now strongly suggest you put them into practice.

6 Likes

That’s just a slogan, and has never been true.

6 Likes

Even if I have nasty personality traits, the fact that I cant play the game is more important for me and should be also important for you. Maybe one day you will be in my position.
I dont care what volume of work they encounter every day. I myself work and maybe I had to work for this sum of money 3 days. Do you realize that not all customers work in West Europe or USA, right?
Do you acknowledge that they dont respect an agreement? Again, you cant cope with the high amount of problems, you externalize your services and set a higher price. 45 euros and end of story. Those customers who afford to buy the product will do that, but at least your product will have a high quality.

I don’t think quality assurance is at the top of EHG’s list of concerns. They seem to still behave like the game is in Early Access, and they expect players to find the bugs. This attitude is disappointing.

Most people don’t have your problem, though.

I don’t know what your hardware is like or what you have tried on your side to fix this. If it was me, I would try things like making sure my memory works correctly, and maybe install the game to a different drive. Stuff like that. You don’t tell us anything, so we assume you have done nothing.

"Customer is always right in matter of taste.'. If you gonna use quote, use all of it, or at least enough to keep orginal meaning.

3 Likes

The fact that you didn’t read my posts shows me that you might be a superficial person. It’s not a problem form my side. I tried to log in on my account from multiple PCs from different locations.

Well yes. It’s not my fault that communication barriers may arise. Thanks for the clarifications :slight_smile:

None of this tells us any useful information. Did you contact Steam about this? What error code are you getting? What hardware have you tried this with? What kind of internet connection do you have?

If this is the quality of information you are providing to EHG, it is not surprising that they have not been able to find out what the problem is.

2 Likes

You are being toxic

1 Like

To be completely fair, his first thread is calm, and hasn’t received any feedback from EHG. It does lack quite a bit on information, regarding what he has tried, on his own, to resolve it – other than having a friend attempt to log in from his account.

It would also be interesting to know any event(s) that happened prior to the issue beginning (ie, deleted a new char, created a new char, game crash, etc etc).

The customer is not always right, & the obnoxious customer is never right.

2 Likes

Only Karens who have never worked in a service industry unironically think the customer is always right. In point of fact, the customer is almost never right.

1 Like

Ok, no worries.
But you see what I mean here. “You’re toxic, you’re obnoxious.”
The typical framing from these clowns.
But don’t let these creatures get you down. Keep venting your displeasure, no matter what these soft-faced people write.

1 Like

Lost Connection Error: We are aware some regions are experiencing routing issues, particularly in the EU, and some sanctioned nations such as Egypt. Unfortunately there’s not much we can do when it comes to the ISP, and if they ban outside servers, or routing services such as Google bans them. If your service experience changes with a VPN, that indicates that it’s not our services, but rather the routing between you and our services. There’s a million things that can cause network issues, so I can’t comment too much regarding specifics, particularly without more specific info to work with.

FPS drops: We are constantly working on improving performance. Last Epoch is a very calculation intensive game, so there’s no one “performance hog” like there is with many other genres. We’re constantly making improvements to all the little calculations which add up. Though some builds which have a lot of triggers, or apply a lot of debuffs/buffs at a time can certainly make this much more severe, and so we’re looking into how we can alleviate such builds. As such, it can vary a fair amount from build to build, but something we certainly continue to improve both on a macro scale with systems, and micro scale with code adjustments. General reduction of settings can absolutely help here, particularly disabling hit flash and shadows has been well reported to help.

PC crash: Unfortunately it’s not possible for a user application to crash a modern PC due to kernel protection. User applications are isolated from kernel systems. A PC crash can only be caused by kernel, driver, or hardware issues. I would recommend checking into DXDiag to see what might be causing the issue. Because Last Epoch is so intensive for calculations, it does tend to push PC’s a bit further than many other games exposing issues, particularly overheating issues. I actually had this myself with Last Epoch where I started getting PC crashes, only with Last Epoch, but it was because the thermal paste on my GPU had dried out so was overheating.

I cant even access my characters in offline mode! : If you’re unable to access offline characters, it is likely due to save file corruption which most often happens from an unexpected shutdown. We have some help information in the FAQ, but i’ve copied it below for ease of access.

• Verify your Steam Files

• Assuming you are on Windows, you can go to this area on your PC:

C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves Note: In order to see the [AppData] folder you must have “Hidden Folders” visible And there you should be able to see all of your save files. These files can be opened on notepad and there you’d be able to see the character name/level/etc. There are backups of each save file with the ending [.bak] extension. If you can find your character in one of those save files you can restore it by simply removing the [.bak] extension [do not delete the entire folder - only the extension]

• Go to the Saves directory mentioned in the original post C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves and sort your files by Date Modified to make identifying the culprits a little easier.

Chances are good that one of your Stash files (e.g. STASH_CYCLE_2_0) or Character files (e.g. 1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_4) got corrupted. Start by opening the most recently modified files in a text editor (Notepad is fine, Notepad++ is better) until you find the first file with data that is obviously corrupt and looks quite different from the rest of the files. Most likely, if you’re using Notepad, the file contents will appear to be blank, and if you’re using something like Notepad++ with the show all characters option enabled, the file will show something like “NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL…”.

Now that you’ve identified a corrupt file, go ahead and delete it (you’re welcome to make a backup copy first if you like). For whatever that file name was, there will be a corresponding .bak copy - make a copy of the .bak file, and rename it to whatever the name of the corrupt file was, i.e. if your corrupt file was called “STASH_CYCLE_2_0”, you would delete STASH_CYCLE_2_0, then make a copy of STASH_CYCLE_2_0.bak, and rename the copy to “STASH_CYCLE_2_0”.

Run Last Epoch, either in full offline or online mode (just select Offline Mode in-game), and check if you can successfully log in with your existing characters. If not, check for more corrupt files and repeat steps if you find any.

If the backup files are missing, or also corrupt, you can try downloading historical saves from Steam. This requires that you have Steam Cloud Saves enabled for Last Epoch, and that Steam has had the opportunity to upload previous save states. In order to restore from Steam Cloud, you can download the replacement save files at the following URL: Sign In

4 Likes

OK. Is not my ISP - my friend and I have the same ISP, he can play the game without lost connection error, I cant. We live in the same city just in different neighborhoods. I phoned my internet provider and they said that’s your problem with the servers. I’m inclined to believe them since my friend doest have any issue. Also I play LE before 1.0 and I didnt have this issue until patch 0.9… dont remember. So stop blaming ISP.

I already did what you said in the issue with playing offline chars. I messed up things now I get LE-51 error. I even deleted my Last Epoch account, I face the same issue. Thoughts?