Shaman Spriggan Build 0.8D

Yes!!! That worked. Thank you!!!

1 Like

So I am using ochirirans petals as my relic, is it the damage boost I think it is?

Im afraid not, it has to say “minion spell physical damage” to work for the vines.

Hey, since the new patch just hit I got a question regarding your choice to go Shaman over Druid.

Since Druid just got the new Hideskin node in 0.8.1c, replacing stun duration with a whopping total of “10% of maximum health gained as Endurance Threshold” I was really thinking about how effective the adaptive spell damage from Shaman’s “Rune of Awe” actually is in a build that gets around 400% poison chance from Attunement and something like 300% chance to bleed with minmaxed gear.

Without any investment on gear and the 20% hp from Druid, we would be somewhere around 1.4-1.5k hp, so the node would give us an extra 150 endurance threshold, which is insane.

The node would be a really welcome addition to actually give us some chance to stack hp to get even more out of the endurance damage reduction.

In your experience playing the build, how important is the hit damage there and would you say the new node might make druid a better choice? (It also gives us access to Oaken Form for an additional 180 flat armor, as well as Woodland Bond for 50% minion dmg+ healing effectiveness for the spriggan for a cheap 5 points)

I usually hate going for any sort of hit damage if there’s no efficient crit scaling whatsoever, but I might be wrong and the 16 flat damage is a gamechanger.

Also, is there any reason you are not going for the Entangling Roots tree? Does the Entangling Roots casted by the Spriggan not benefit from that?
Seems a lot more impactful than Wolf/Maelstrom in the last slot!

Really would love to hear the feedback on how important the hit damage part is before I reroll either Druid or Shaman, thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Check this page seems like it can’t be gambled

This build uses the “Razor Vine” node which means, the vines are now a ranged physical spell, and therefore doesnt poison anymore.

The added hit damage does make a big difference in damage (50+ vines that all gets +16 flat damage is huge). Its not nesscesary tho and going Druid is still a viable option.
I guess it all depends if you like survivability better than damage(even tho ive had no problem at all with surviving), but i havent tried it out in the new empowered monos or arena yet, so i cant say if the added defense from Druid is the better option.

Nope it doesnt benefit from your skilled Roots. However you can use Eterras boots, and the procs from those will use your roots, but i dont really find that a very reliable option. The wolf howl chance on bosses is imo a better choice.

Also @ApprenticeCorner made this version of it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUVhw6cuR0k&t=475s

Oh they might have changed it then in 8.1, it was gambable before.

Oh wow, I was under the impression that it would be a basestat of the minion, especially since it doesn’t specify melee poison chance so the attack shouldnt matter, now scaling the hit damage makes a lot more sense.

Damn that makes things pretty damn hard , one of the reasons I wanted to go Druid is I rolled a T7 minion phys dmg (400%) + T5 minion spelldmg staff and I wanted to kind of balance out the defense I lose from not using a shield, but I guess flat spelldmg is just too good then.

Yeah, I don’t remember seeing anything on the node that says it doesn’t poison, especially from the poison chance from Attunement (unless that specifies melee poison chance & I wasn’t paying attention).

If the poison from Attunement doesn’t specify melee, I’d think that’s either a bug or tooltip issue.

Just tested out the vines, there definitely is no poison being applied, Cujo was definitely correct on that one. Really weird.

With a staff like that, i wouldnt think twice about rolling the shaman :smiley:

Its not stated anywhere, so ye its either a bug or tooltip issue, but after testing several times they dont poison anymore.

It even has a cute 14% cast speed on top, pretty hype and one of the reasons I wanted to try the build!
You mean go druid and run no shield? :smiley:
Was thinking with that much raw minion phys, scaling bleed should be a lot easier and I probably won’t need the basedmg.
Or maybe be greedy and just go all in and go shaman AND the staff? :smiley:

Oh yea, thats what i would do, you will kill things so fast nothing will ever come close to you, and if it does just thrown down a root wall. But thats just me, if you wanna try push ladder, the Druid might be better.

EDIT: hmm on second thought im actually in a split decision about that now as i havent tried the new emp monos, so dont listen to me here hehe :upside_down_face:

Yeah i think I’ll go with Shaman, just tested a bit and relying too much on damage over time can be annoying with minions, since they won’t stop attacking enemies even if they have 100 bleedstacks and would be technically already dead.

Really awesome build, thanks for the advice and looking forward to leveling it! :slight_smile:

Allthough I will now have to look at the staff and be eternally salty that it minor-fractured at 90% success chance when it could’ve had 40% cast speed :frowning:

I know the feeling, but you still got one stellar weapon there, so it wont make much difference. Good luck with the build :wink:

@Cujo @Heavy @boardman21 @ApprenticeCorner OK ppl, this is where I hope ya’ll can express to the devs that if you are gonna let me get BS one shot on ele dmg or any other dmg that I am OVERCAPPED on by +10%, then they are going to lose loyal players. The game is grindy enough without getting a 4 echo reset on a high mono after you spec’d it all perfectly. Not cool man.

Theres more to defense than just resistances.

Armor?
Dodge?
Endurance?
Maximum life?
Took DW node and taking more damage?
Took nodes to reduce damage in passives?
Have a clip? Was it really a 1 shot or 20 hits all at once?

How high in monos? Go high enough amd choose the wrong stats everyone eventually will get 1 shot with infinite acaling

1 Like

Well as someone completely unrelated to this, but willing to help nonetheless, 1. I have no association or sway with the developers, nor do they listen to me for advice on how to make their game. 2. The community testers have little sway either, only very limited capacity. 3. Did you get hit by a telegraphed attack? There are certain attacks (lagons beam, heorots aoe cold damage, almost all of rayehs attacks) are telegraphs that when failed will almost always kill a character that’s meant to be doing that content at that time. These are simply in the game to make boss fights more fun, as without them the boss fights would just be a gear check and a face roll. Now to help you further, if you could list what boss killed you, and how, I can show you how to actually fight said boss. A lot of them aren’t this amount of defense is needed or simple gear checks most bosses in the game, (except maybe Heorot now?) Can be done gear less if you play correctly. But we can assist you with your build, if you’d like.

Just wanna add a few things if you followed the gearing in this build :

It was build/geared in 0.8D so some things have changed :

• Armor is now only half as efficient vs non physical damage
  • Theres no Endurance in this guide setup

Also i dont use crit avoidance in this guide, but if you are a new player or choose any mof crit modifier, then you might wanna use either the 100% crit avoidance armor dropped from Abomination boss, or get some on your gear. (I maybe should have stated this in the guide, but didnt really think about it).

@Lucifer_Morningstar
So first of, this kind of attitude is not very helpful, also pinging several people in the hopes to “reach” the devs is completely unnecessary.

I can assure you, the devs read as much as humanly possible in the forum (which is still pretty much everything).

If you feel like something is comepletely off, create a thread or search for a thread with a similar topic and give your feedback.

We don’t know enough details do give you any valueable response.
Resistances are just one of many cogs in a characters defensive layer.

Also overcapping resistances don’t do anything, except for coutneracting shred or Mark For Death Curse. So it does not make you inherently tankier, except for those situations.

We do need specific informations about your build and espeically from what hit did you die specifically? Even with several defence layers (which you should have), there will be abilities that do one-shot you.

There is literally no other death penalty in place currently, except losing progress on MoF and/or Arena. Losing Echoes is completly fine, otherwise dying would have not meaning. (outside of HC of course)